Remove this Banner Ad

litrium

Draftee
May 27, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all,

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

● Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

● The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

● Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

● Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilities that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

● The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

● Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

If you have read this I'd be interested in your thoughts on it Total Power .

Thanks for tagging me Jason, i will read the book and post my thoughts here.

I know very little as most of what i experienced i forgot (thanks to lack of practice/ego), however i can confirm from my little experience that dimensions certainly do exist, Everything seemed to be happening at once.....or time stopped or lost all meaning! There were no questions or unknowns. Time wrapped in on itself. There was no past, present, or future as we see it here. Everything happened now and all at one time. I have no words to explain this as anything i use to describe it won't do justice to it. But I understood time and I understood the connections we have with eeach other. Everything was revealed but the details I can only remember a little of. I remember the connections to one another, and the stream as I call it. We are all connected to each other. We send vibrations down as we think and choose.

Soul itself is a dirty word, i wouldnt use the word and just use consciousness instead. Same as the word 'God'. It throws a lot of people off and people start thinking of Islam/Bible and personal God. Hence Einstein chose his words carefully as well. The human body relies on the 5 senses to the connect to the outside stimulus. In contrast, consciousness does not require sensory cell to connect to the universe at all. Intellect is useless here, as we are all equally capable here. Being human is special, we all have the ability to do it, but we choose not to.

Consciousness from my experience works in a way similar to telepathy. In that different state, my vision and hearing actually followed my changing mind. In other words, I saw and heard what I thought about. I was in active rather than passive cognitive processes. My perceptions were no longer restricted by any physical object or distance, because in that state I comprehended things through its basic forms similar to energy. That was a brand new cognitive experience to me. And if people think i am making this up, every single Buddhist monk in a deep meditative state can confirm what i am saying. These experiences are extremely soon but often dismissed by materialists as lies or hallucinations.

And lastly, the universe and planets are also conscious, you can communicate with them (not through words) but not through words but telepathically, in higher dimensions.communication worked through an ultra-sensory channel. It's a pure and direct communication through thoughts, functioning through a telepathic mechanism. If we compare this communication process with that of our physical body, the later requires constant coding and decoding and which is prone to misinterpretation and misunderstanding. The ultra-sense communication is far more instant, direct, and effective.

Meditation holds the key to all this. Stop believing in stuff simply cause it's written in a book. Reading a book doesnt make a person any more intelligent. This is why i strongly oppose any book "claiming" to be the truth, whether its science or religion. Science is definitely not the reality but only one side of the truth related to the material world and even now science has concluded objective reality doesn't exist.

Meditation holds the key to all this.

Yes, the book is the core teaching of this practice. Complimenting it are a set of 5 powerful QiGong exercises including a sitting meditation. All are free to download from their website:

The healing and rejuvenating effects of this practice have also been written about with dramatic health improvements, both mental and physical:

Yes, the book is the core teaching of this practice. Complimenting it are a set of 5 powerful QiGong exercises including a sitting meditation. All are free to download from their website:

The healing and rejuvenating effects of this practice have also been written about with dramatic health improvements, both mental and physical:

I agree but the point i was trying to make is that you must "obtain" your own knowledge, instead of believing in a book. People often think they have "knowledge" cause they read a few books. When it comes to the scientific process this might be true, but when it comes to metaphysics, scientific process holds no ground as consciousness is purely subjective in nature. The only way to validate this knowledge is to become your own scientist.

This is the state you must attend to validate the knowledge, the state is called "no-thing"...aka not a thing, or zero, or void. This is where human intellect is of no use. This is why i cannot "reason" with the so called "intellectuals" on this board, cause this isn't about "materialism". I have gone out in a limb trying to make this point on the SRP board and repeatedly made fun of , being called a liar and a fraud. So be it. I can't reason them anything! You have to engage in your own scientific research through self-experimentation. This is what Gautama Buddha is telling you!

Read Plato's Allegory of the Cave. We are the slaves, bound to the reality that we think is the only reality. We keep studying the shadows, claiming that that's all there is.
I claim to be Buddhist outright, but it would underplay other aspects of philosophy I adhere to.

Ironically, if Gautama were here today (and posting on BigFooty :eek: ), he would speak against anyone professing to be "a Buddhist" anyway. Such a classification is a cage of the mind; an ego construct. This ego construct would eventually need to be eliminated through meditation in order to attain absolute freedom from the manifest reality. It holds the same for any -ism.

I agree but the point i was trying to make is that you must "obtain" your own knowledge, instead of believing in a book. People often think they have "knowledge" cause they read a few books. When it comes to the scientific process this might be true, but when it comes to metaphysics, scientific process holds no ground as consciousness is purely subjective in nature. The only way to validate this knowledge is to become your own scientist.

This is the state you must attend to validate the knowledge, the state is called "no-thing"...aka not a thing, or zero, or void. This is where human intellect is of no use. This is why i cannot "reason" with the so called "intellectuals" on this board, cause this isn't about "materialism". I have gone out in a limb trying to make this point on the SRP board and repeatedly made fun of , being called a liar and a fraud. So be it. I can't reason them anything! You have to engage in your own scientific research through self-experimentation. This is what Gautama Buddha is telling you!

Read Plato's Allegory of the Cave. We are the slaves, bound to the reality that we think is the only reality. We keep studying the shadows, claiming that that's all there is.
I claim to be Buddhist outright, but it would underplay other aspects of philosophy I adhere to.

Ironically, if Gautama were here today (and posting on BigFooty :eek: ), he would speak against anyone professing to be "a Buddhist" anyway. Such a classification is a cage of the mind; an ego construct. This ego construct would eventually need to be eliminated through meditation in order to attain absolute freedom from the manifest reality. It holds the same for any -ism.

Zen Buddhism usually believes that nothing can be taught and one must intuit the Truth oneself, Master Li Hongzhi (the author of Zhuan Falun) talks about this matter in a supplementary book:

This topic you bought up is also talked extensively in Zhuan Falun under the section entitled The Many Levels of the Way:

Zen Buddhism usually believes that nothing can be taught and one must intuit the Truth oneself, Master Li Hongzhi (the author of Zhuan Falun) talks about this matter in a supplementary book:

This topic you bought up is also talked extensively in Zhuan Falun under the section entitled The Many Levels of the Way:

Exactly the point. Human language has it's limitations. This is why "archetypes" are often used to convey deeper truths. English language is even more limited, compared to, for example Sanskrit. It's great to describe material things, it's useless for anything beyond that. I truly believe 'knowledge' should be experienced and acquired by oneself and not through 2nd or 3rd hand information. The tragedy of modern day religion (and science) is knowledge is available, ready-made and widely accepted in the society as "truth". You are more knowledgable than me cause you read 10 more books than i did. Truly staggering. The Arabahamic religions are widely responsible for this too, sending "gods messenger" down on earth to convey messages killed meditation, unless you read the Gnostic gospels, practices like meditation has been killed off. I am not knocking christianity, meditation is in the core of Christianity, but you wouldn't know, reading the present version of the Bible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all that is is what is palpable

Except happiness can never be found in things which is impermanent or external. Happiness that comes from desire is impermanent. Win a flag, you want another, win another you want a hattrick..it's neverending. When i was growing up i thought i would be happy when i make some serious coin. I did that and now i am even more unhappy.

Except happiness can never be found in things which is impermanent or external. Happiness that comes from desire is impermanent. Win a flag, you want another, win another you want a hattrick..it's neverending. When i was growing up i thought i would be happy when i make some serious coin. I did that and now i am even more unhappy.
happiness is a delusion. so is sadness actually.

hogwash and mumbo jumbo :p

Not true. Falun Dafa has been tested under scientific conditions:

There's a section in Zhuan Falun that also talks about the mindset of not believing in things that are intangible or invisible to our current scientific instruments:

"When we mention certain things some people blurt right out, "blind belief." Why do they do that? Their criteria for something being "blind belief" or "quackery" is that it’s whatever science hasn’t grasped, or whatever they haven’t experienced first-hand, or whatever they think can’t possibly exist. That’s their way of thinking. So is that way of thinking correct?

Can you just dismiss something as blind belief or quackery just because science hasn’t grasped it yet, or just because science isn’t far enough along to explain it yet? Aren’t these people themselves full of blind belief? And aren’t they caught up in quackery? If everybody thought that way, could science develop? Could it move forward? Society wouldn’t be able to make progress.

The things that our scientific and technological community has invented are all things that people didn’t have at one time. If those things were all thought of as blind belief, then there’d be no point in talking about progress, right? Qigong isn’t quackery. But there are always a lot of people who think it is, since they don’t understand it. But with the use of scientific instruments people have now detected on the bodies of qigong masters things like infrasonic waves, ultrasonic waves, electromagnetic waves, infrared, ultraviolet, gamma rays, neutrons, atoms, and trace metal elements.

Aren’t those all concrete things? They’re matter. Aren’t all things made of matter? Aren’t other space-times made of matter? Could you call them blind belief? Qigong is for cultivating Buddhahood, so of course there are going to be a lot of profound things involved. And we’re going to explain all of them."

Not true. Falun Dafa has been tested under scientific conditions:

There's a section in Zhuan Falun that also talks about the mindset of not believing in things that are intangible or invisible to our current scientific instruments:

"When we mention certain things some people blurt right out, "blind belief." Why do they do that? Their criteria for something being "blind belief" or "quackery" is that it’s whatever science hasn’t grasped, or whatever they haven’t experienced first-hand, or whatever they think can’t possibly exist. That’s their way of thinking. So is that way of thinking correct?

Can you just dismiss something as blind belief or quackery just because science hasn’t grasped it yet, or just because science isn’t far enough along to explain it yet? Aren’t these people themselves full of blind belief? And aren’t they caught up in quackery? If everybody thought that way, could science develop? Could it move forward? Society wouldn’t be able to make progress.

The things that our scientific and technological community has invented are all things that people didn’t have at one time. If those things were all thought of as blind belief, then there’d be no point in talking about progress, right? Qigong isn’t quackery. But there are always a lot of people who think it is, since they don’t understand it. But with the use of scientific instruments people have now detected on the bodies of qigong masters things like infrasonic waves, ultrasonic waves, electromagnetic waves, infrared, ultraviolet, gamma rays, neutrons, atoms, and trace metal elements.

Aren’t those all concrete things? They’re matter. Aren’t all things made of matter? Aren’t other space-times made of matter? Could you call them blind belief? Qigong is for cultivating Buddhahood, so of course there are going to be a lot of profound things involved. And we’re going to explain all of them."
Well, I'll be !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back