Zidane's Headbutt

Apr 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
repressed memories? he must really hate getting his nipple tweaked. Materazzi must have been like an annoying little fly all game.

He looked so guilty after the act..... just standing there scared sh4tless while materazzi was getting medical attention.

After that header that was saved by buffon, who would have thought things would change so quickly....

What a sad end to a champion's career.

m.diddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2004
#11 on AC's list.
midorigreenwood said:
repressed memories? he must really hate getting his nipple tweaked. Materazzi must have been like an annoying little fly all game.

He looked so guilty after the act..... just standing there scared sh4tless while materazzi was getting medical attention.

After that header that was saved by buffon, who would have thought things would change so quickly....

What a sad end to a champion's career.
Good head butt though, went out in style. :eek:

thebigboy

Premiership Player
Dec 20, 2005
Parkdale
AFL Club
Essendon
There has got to be more in it than that. Zindane is not the type of player who would go and headbutt a player unless he was provoked.

Don't be suprsised if Materazzi doesn't come under investigation for something verbal.

Borgsta

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Melb.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Orlando
Stolen from Coys.

zidane29b.gif

Bombers_Forever

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
May 9, 2003
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners and Seahawks
Stupidity from him- the other guy who missed the penalty will feel worse but he could very well have cost his team the title.

He knew he would get sent off for it too but got to love the Italian dive.

AndSmithMustScore

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Celtic Utopia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Boston ones.
What kind of a "man" goes down to a crappy headbutt like that.

Materrazzi must mean gutless squib in Italian.

As if that would of hurt for ****s sake,are they men or mice?

Zidane will forever be a legend now for doing to an Italian what half the world would like to have done to them.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Who falls to the ground after a headbutt to the chest?

All i know is i'm putting the Zidane shirt i got in France in the closet for a few days in fear of being stabbed by some crazy italian.

Embers

Cancelled
10k Posts
Apr 27, 2005
8th place
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham, Tony Pulis hat
Umm are the last 2 posters for real, it was clearly a sending off regardless if he went down or not, maybe you should watch the first 7 mins of the game to discover what acting is really like

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Embers said:
Umm are the last 2 posters for real, it was clearly a sending off regardless if he went down or not, maybe you should watch the first 7 mins of the game to discover what acting is really like

Dude I didn't say it sholdn't of been a send off, you can't go around head butting people but to say it wasn't a dive, well you find someone today to headbutt you in the chest and see if you fall down, I doubt you will.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think the relevant question is what prompted it.

Materazzi has a history for being a racist prick, does he not?

The problem I have, is that it is so clear what happened.

Both referee and linesman miss the incident, someone who has seen the footage informs the linesman through radio link means or something, tells him what happened and it's bye bye Zizou.

They both missed it, the linesman was waving away Italian appeals to begin with, then all of a sudden he has magically seen it.

Give me a break!

and what about the missed, clear penalty in the second half?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Anyway, I'm happy for Italy they might've been the inferior team on the day but they still performed well enough all tournament to deserve such an accolade of 'World Champion'. Materazzi is a tosser. The rest are ok. :)

Embers

Cancelled
10k Posts
Apr 27, 2005
8th place
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham, Tony Pulis hat
Nip/Tuck said:
I think the relevant question is what prompted it.

Materazzi has a history for being a racist prick, does he not?

The problem I have, is that it is so clear what happened.

Both referee and linesman miss the incident, someone who has seen the footage informs the linesman through radio link means or something, tells him what happened and it's bye bye Zizou.

They both missed it, the linesman was waving away Italian appeals to begin with, then all of a sudden he has magically seen it.

Give me a break!

and what about the missed, clear penalty in the second half?

Anyway, I'm happy for Italy they might've been the inferior team on the day but they still performed well enough all tournament to deserve such an accolade of 'World Champion'. Materazzi is a tosser. The rest are ok. :)

Did you miss the first 10 minutes?

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Embers said:
Did you miss the first 10 minutes?

Obviously the referee made a mistake with the first half penalty award, but it doesn't mean he has any right to deny France a clear penalty in the second half.

Surely this isn't a concept too hard for even you to understand? eh?

Diego

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 12, 2002
AFL Club
Sydney
I have read just then that he was being racially villified all throught the game and just had enough.

And once again this will be deemed as "great tactical and cunning from an itialian player" which in fact this Italian side should all be held responsible for bad sportsmanship and not going by fifas "Fair Play" message.

And on that message what a pathetic effort from FIFA. Its like Maccas trying to tell us that there "new taste menus" is all healthy and all that.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm still waiting for conformation from someone that Materazzi has been guilty of racial slurs before?

Either way, I can't imagine Zidane reacting that way to something minor. What will FIFA do about this? If true Materazzi deserves life, FIFA have been promoting this message for ages and some countries (noteably Spain and Italy) still haven't joined the rest of society in the 21st century. Sadly people like Spain's coach and Marco Materazzi will provide heroic figures to these small minded people.

Anyway Zizou, you did me proud.

Smokin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Materazzi told him he plays like a Frenchman! ;)

Seriously - where did this racial thing come from? Source?

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Smokin said:
Materazzi told him he plays like a Frenchman! ;)

Seriously - where did this racial thing come from? Source?
You're acting like you'd be surprised by it. ;)

Quite seriously though, this is the last thing Italian football needs after such a momentus and famous victory.

Italy's history and indeed recent history re; racism in football isn't good and the country and it's people don't deserve such a slur at a time for celebration such as this. They are trying to clean up their act, but something like this (if true) in the World Cup final would be 1000 steps back for the common relation of racism in Italian football.

I genuinely hope this isn't true, but if it is Marco Materazzi should cop an unprecedented ban. The bigger the stage, the bigger the punishment. And even in a Sunday league game the punishment should be ridiculously large.

m.diddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2004
#11 on AC's list.
AndSmithMustScore said:
What kind of a "man" goes down to a crappy headbutt like that.

Materrazzi must mean gutless squib in Italian.

As if that would of hurt for ****s sake,are they men or mice?

Zidane will forever be a legend now for doing to an Italian what half the world would like to have done to them.
I was in just astounded by how many tossers went down in that game, ****ing hell, Newman didn't go down like some of the others that got a little kick to the shin/.

Back