Ziebell. Cotchin. Hurley?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would suggest we get a decent year out of Laycock and offer him up otherwise Stanton.

There is a bit of a misconception here.

We don't have to lose anyone.

Gold Coast have access to one uncontracted player from each club, but we need to remember we have to delist at least three players.

A delisted player is an uncontracted player.

We don't have to offer up anyone to GC. They get first dibs at anyone who is unsigned, we let them take one of the players we determine that we don't want anyway, if they decide they want one of them.

We don't have to go through our list and leave someone unsigned that we less want to lose. We can sign up all but the three players we delist anyway.

So Stanton is worth a mid 20s pick now. :eek:

Whatever compensation we recieve we cannot control.

But we can control the fact he is out of contract and his mangement want more than we believe he is worth. By offloading him protects our younger KP investments and frees up even more salary cap space to make our own assault on a top liner.

Each club will have to give up something to get nothing so Hurley or Stanton..hmmm.

I can guarantee that Houli will NOT leave Melbourne. He is extremely close to his whole family and wants to keep it that way.

I didn't even think about it until reading this thread but I agree that Sheedy/WS may cause Essendons some headache's. Sheedy loves Ryder. I think we should redraft C.Johns and trade to WS. We'll get at least 2 first round picks.

LOL, but it could work if sheeds loses his mind in the next year or 2, do you also think kepler might be on the move to GWS aswell??

If Hurley left after all Essendon and their lawyers done for him over the last few months, I would personally go and kick him in the balls! (And run, probably) :eek:

If Hurley left after all Essendon and their lawyers done for him over the last few months, I would personally go and kick him in the balls! (And run, probably) :eek:

And knock his turban off?

Sure they will be chomping at the bit for Atkinson...

You missed my point.

We don't have to lose a good player or a player we want to keep the GC.

1) GC don't have to take a player from every club.
2) GC can only take uncontracted players
3) We have to delist 3 players under AFL rules
4) A delisted player is uncontracted

We don't have to make a decision on who we would less like to lose.
We sign up everyone we want to keep and let them pick from the rest.

It's not a case of deciding between Hurley and Stanton. Sign them both.
Let GC choose between who is left over or in fact take no one at all.

We don't HAVE TO lose a player.

You missed my point.

We don't have to lose a good player or a player we want to keep the GC.

1) GC don't have to take a player from every club.
2) GC can only take uncontracted players
3) We have to delist 3 players under AFL rules
4) A delisted player is uncontracted

We don't have to make a decision on who we would less like to lose.
We sign up everyone we want to keep and let them pick from the rest.

It's not a case of deciding between Hurley and Stanton. Sign them both.
Let GC choose between who is left over or in fact take no one at all.

We don't HAVE TO lose a player.

Right... except we can't force players to sign contracts.

Agreed.

Well we can, but it's probably not very legal.

But the perception is that we need to make a decision on who we don't sign. We have limited control over who wants to go, but we do have control of signing those who want to stay, we don't have to leave one over for the GC.

Agreed.

Well we can, but it's probably not very legal.

But the perception is that we need to make a decision on who we don't sign. We have limited control over who wants to go, but we do have control of signing those who want to stay, we don't have to leave one over for the GC.

While large contracts are a thing of the past and managers will be very wary of GC's greater riches lure, I am a bit surprised that clubs have not gone all out to ensure all their young stars are well and truly wrapped up for the next three years.

Hurley, Pears, Ryder, Dempsey, Hooker, Myers, Gumby should have had very healthy 3 year extentions waved under their noses last September. With Lucas and Lloyd retiring and with McFlee leaving, the cap space must be there.

I know it is not that simple, but I am surprised at the names out of contract at this point in time. I'm sure when the AFL thought up this uncontracted player poach deal for GC, it would be to pick up cusp best 22 type players on the outer, not Ablett's, Cotchins, Ziebells, Franklins and Hurleys. WTF is going on with the clubs, they need to see the blood in the water, the sharks are a coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While large contracts are a thing of the past and managers will be very wary of GC's greater riches lure, I am a bit surprised that clubs have not gone all out to ensure all their young stars are well and truly wrapped up for the next three years.

Hurley, Pears, Ryder, Dempsey, Hooker, Myers, Gumby should have had very healthy 3 year extentions waved under their noses last September. With Lucas and Lloyd retiring and with McFlee leaving, the cap space must be there.

I know it is not that simple, but I am surprised at the names out of contract at this point in time. I'm sure when the AFL thought up this uncontracted player poach deal for GC, it would be to pick up cusp best 22 type players on the outer, not Ablett's, Cotchins, Ziebells, Franklins and Hurleys. WTF is going on with the clubs, they need to see the blood in the water, the sharks are a coming.

Well from that list, Pears is signed for two years, Ryder for three, Dempsey for three and Hooker for two. Which leaves Hurley, Myers and Gumby out of contract at years end. Ok they are three first round draft picks and it'd be great to have them signed. From their point of view though, I'm sure all those guys would like another year to impress and up their value.

As far as the AFL goes, I disagree, I think they'd like at least one or two marquee players sign with the Gold Coast as drawcards. Karmichael Hunt isn't going to cut it on his own.

Well from that list, Pears is signed for two years, Ryder for three, Dempsey for three and Hooker for two. Which leaves Hurley, Myers and Gumby out of contract at years end. Ok they are three first round draft picks and it'd be great to have them signed. From their point of view though, I'm sure all those guys would like another year to impress and up their value.

As far as the AFL goes, I disagree, I think they'd like at least one or two marquee players sign with the Gold Coast as drawcards. Karmichael Hunt isn't going to cut it on his own.

That is good news. I would reckon Gumby and Myers are pretty safe, I mean they still have a lot to prove. So if Hurley signs, we are in pretty good shape.

Care to elaborate on that?

Contract wise? Court case? Suspension? :confused:

Dont tell me that Fev took a pic of Hurley in the shower too? Bloody Woman's Day! :D

No inside info here, but somewhere between 3-4 of the above ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back