Ziebell or Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Tundrawolf

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2007
The Den
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we end up with pick 3 or 4 and our choices have have already been made for us regarding Naitanui and Rich already being picked up, who do you favour as being right for us.
Personally I see it as a choice of 2 between Ziebell and Hartlett. My (slight) preference being Ziebell. Hartlett was named at half forward for the All Australian team and Ziebell was named as the ruck rover.

Jack Ziebell (Vic Country)
Born: 28 February 1991
188cm, 84kg
After missing Vic Country's opening match through injury, Ziebell returned to show why he is a highly rated AFL prospect. He showed great leadership across the championships, and outstanding at the clearances, contesting the ball and tackling. He is a versatile player, either in the midfield or across half-forward.

Hamish Hartlett (South Aust)
Born: 14 August 1990
182cm 74kgs
His ball use is exquisite – it's just amazing. He also has a great side step and it was great to see his quality shine through after struggling a bit early in the carnival. Fantasic at clearances and has good hands.

According to Channel Ten West Coast are already shopping Seaby around, which might suggest they want Naitanui. That will help us get Rich, because if Port end up with pick 3 they're probably more likely to go with the local lad in Hartlett.

Sorry I didn't really answer your question Tundrawolf but I was O.S. during the national under 18's.

I've seen video footage of both of them and really think it is line ball between the two. Both look like they will be fantastic players. And we have a pretty good record keeping both South Aussie and Vic Country boys. The height difference is probably the deciding factor as we have plenty of under 182cm at the moment.

According to Channel Ten West Coast are already shopping Seaby around, which might suggest they want Naitanui. That will help us get Rich, because if Port end up with pick 3 they're probably more likely to go with the local lad in Hartlett.

Sorry I didn't really answer your question Tundrawolf but I was O.S. during the national under 18's.

Nah that's because I worded it crappily:D

Just an update on Hartlett.

He has a shoulder injury, similar to that of Porplyzia and Kennelly but knowhere near as bad at the moment. The word at the moment is that he will be operated on soonish and wont play much towards the end of the season.

FWIW if Port get a look at Nic Nat it seems they will jump at him and after that would be looking at Hurley or another KPP IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that make Vickery or McKernan a chance to go 3 or 4 then??

I wouldn't have thought either of them would go that high.

Of the other big men Hurley IMO is the best. I rate him the equal of the Brown(Mitch and Nathan) twins from a couple of years ago.

I'm sure Port will have a good look at him.

Hartlett's disposal is amazing for a kid his age.

Ziebell is awesome too but remember Ziebell has quality talls and supportings mids to feed him the ball. Hartlett starred with heavy attention and a fairly par support cast.

Freo needs guys with disposal skill... So Hartlett for me

Shoulder surgery? big whoop... Judd had three ops before he was even drafted... Palmer missed the 16's with groin injuries...

You take the best player...

Im more concerned about our second pick, heres hoping someone like Blease will fall to 19 but i doubt it....

Melb to take Wats - need forwards
WCE - Take Rich, You can pick up good young rucks late in the draft, Redden, Mckernan, Trengrove, Browne, Roughead, all highly rated, and all shown glimpses of what they can do.
Frem - To take Naitanui
Port - Hartlett, key back are ok at the momentm, still young.
Ess - Hurley, will be FB for 10 years when he comes in.

Melb to take Wats - need forwards
WCE - Take Rich, You can pick up good young rucks late in the draft, Redden, Mckernan, Trengrove, Browne, Roughead, all highly rated, and all shown glimpses of what they can do.
Frem - To take Naitanui
Port - Hartlett, key back are ok at the momentm, still young.
Ess - Hurley, will be FB for 10 years when he comes in.

First you say that there will be good young rucks late in the draft an d then Freo should waste it's 1st pick on a ruckman, considering our ruck division is very good.
You can pencil in that Freo's 1st pick will be a midfielder. Rich or Hartlett, one of them will be available.

Still think we will take Rich. Cox can practically play out the whole game, so Seaby doesn't get many chances. With Lynch being a more than serviceable backup ruckman, I'm not surprised we're shopping Seabs around.

Plus we have a young bloke, Will Sullivan in the WAFL who is coming along nicely, so it's not like we have no ruckman for the future.

Warnock was very enthusiastic when he sang the song after the win on Sunday. Looked like the player who wants to be here. Harvs also said that they might snatch his signature even before the season ends. Gotta strong feeling now that he'll stay.

Tough choice, both have really good skills. Hartlett might be a bit quicker and has superb hands around clearances. Zeibell is bigger and can crash through opponents and is 6 months younger. SA and Vic Country boys so we can't go wrong either way.
I don't mind Port getting pick 3 if they're going to pick Natanui, saves the possible embarassment of passing on him. Rich, meh.;)
Sometimes you get the right player according to needs when you have a slightly lower pick (e.g. Palmer).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back