Zigga Zagga Zigga Zagga OI OI OI! GO CROWS!

Remove this Banner Ad

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Was anybody sitting near these people at todays game? Every time Adelaide kicked a goal they chanted: 'Zigga Zagga Zigga Zagga OI OI OI! GO CROWS!'

Any reasoning behind it? Not sure if they go every week but it was a couple of adults and a few young ones.

-Ben

Mmmm, sounds awful glad I wasn't near them :eek:

Haha well i guess they were at least making some sort of noise but yeah it did get kinda annoying. I would have been able to tolerate it and understand it if there was only one crows player they did it for. Would have made a lot more sense.

-Ben

I'm actually not real sure of it's origins but when I first started playing the roundball game in the early 90s we used to sing that after a win (so once or twice a season).

At my soccer game this moring a guys team on the pitch over from us sang it......... they looked a bit toolish to be honest it's something I thought I'd hear at a netball game!
when my girls soccer team wins we are just Woo! lets go to the Tonsley for a drink and that's about it!

Was anybody sitting near these people at todays game? Every time Adelaide kicked a goal they chanted: 'Zigga Zagga Zigga Zagga OI OI OI! GO CROWS!'

Any reasoning behind it? Not sure if they go every week but it was a couple of adults and a few young ones.

-Ben

The cheersquad do it too. Its so lame and crap. :thumbsdown:

So it is a soccer chant?

I can definitely remember hearing it when I played in the local league but never heard it at Hindmarsh for an AUFC game. Thank god!

Nup it doesn't get used by any of the groups at AUFC.

It was a song sang by a lot of junior teams after a win, it's not bad for young lads to belt something simple out after a win but it would be ridiculous if any cheer squads or anything started singing it.

I remember hearing that at Crows/State games back in the early 90s. The zigga zagga got turned into 'aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi' at the cricket and it stuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a netball chant. Hear it at Etsa Park all the time. The other fave is "2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate? 9, 10, 11, 12, who's the best in the world? Goooooooooooooooo... <Insert team name>!!!"

Personally prefer the rugby songs to the netball ones, like...

Drunk last night, drunk the night before
Tonight we're gonna get drunk like we've never been drunk before
Cos when we're drunk we're as happy as can be
For we are the boys of the AFC

Really. before half time there wasnt much noise coming from you guys.
Maybe the alcohol at half time fired you guys up to do something
Confirm/deny: Some members of the CSG called security on the mob at the back of the bay? Just a rumour I heard anyway...

It's a netball chant. Hear it at Etsa Park all the time. The other fave is "2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate? 9, 10, 11, 12, who's the best in the world? Goooooooooooooooo... <KANGY>!!!"

well actually we were original and used pepsi cola! It rocked!

Pepsi Cola
Coca cola
right on the top
we're gonna hypnotize ya
paralyze ya
win the lot
we're gonna F-I-GHT
we're gonna S-C-ORE
we're gona fight We-re gonna Score
We're gonna Win the War
GOOOOOOOOOOO KANGY!!! woooo!

Chief Crow - you are 75% correct.

Ill be the first to admit the alcohol does play a large part in motivation.

But its not just that.

Everybody fired up after the swearing gear.

Confirm/deny: Some members of the CSG called security on the mob at the back of the bay? Just a rumour I heard anyway...

From what i know. One member had a issue with the comments coming from there. Not a big issue. Just a whinger who shouldnt be at the footy if they dont like the odd foul word

Chief Crow - you are 75% correct.

Ill be the first to admit the alcohol does play a large part in motivation.

But its not just that.

Everybody fired up after the swearing gear.

I actually enjoyed it after that. Seemed to fire up most of the bay. Finally had a little passion to get even louder. I have no issue with the any of it as I too can let out a foul word or too (mainly directed at the umps)

grey area.

quite a few people had words with security but cannot confirm they were CSG members. quite dissapointing, regardless of your opinions of swearing and if the person did actually say that - which he didnt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back