2nd T20I, Bready, Aug 17 2021

FRI, 20 AUG, 7:00 PM
3rd T20I, Bready, Aug 20 2021

SUN, 22 AUG, 7:00 PM
4th T20I, Belfast, Aug 22 2021

TUES, 24 AUG, 7:00 PM
5th T20I, Belfast, Aug 24 2021

-

More white ball cricket headed our way as Ireland gear up for the World T20. Lots to look forward to in this tightly contested series.

Tour postponed until later this month :-(

The tour will now begin on August 27 on the advice of Ireland’s health authorities. With the five match T20s to kick it off followed by the ODIs.

Fantastic news BG.

I know they are getting ready for a World Cup but I find it baffling that they wouldn’t schedule a test match. Both teams need it, both teams have largely similar white ball to red ball squads

I know they are getting ready for a World Cup but I find it baffling that they wouldn’t schedule a test match. Both teams need it, both teams have largely similar white ball to red ball squads
I'd say finances are the sole reason here. Both the Irish & Zimbabwean cricket boards have made overtures in regards to the financial losses associated with hosting Tests in the past. The fact that the three least profitable teams are frozen out of the WTC doesn't help much either I imagine.

It seems Fox Sports aren't showing this series anymore for some reason . It was there in the tv guide prior to the schedule change.

irevzim.jpg

Last edited:
Zimbabwe might make it to WT20 if Afghanistan pulls out

Not sure exactly what the ICC contingency plan is, but If Afghanistan or any other team pull out, i would think their place would go to the 1st team that missed out from the qualifier tournament (UAE, followed by Hong Kong etc).

Last edited:
Umpire Paul Reynolds managed to not be able to count to 6 twice last night. Zimbabwe's 40th over and Ireland's 16th over were both 7 ball overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not related to this thread but there is the European Cricket Championship coming up live on Fox Sports 507 if anyone is keen. Think it is t10 cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back