Zimbabwe v West Indies - Clive Lloyd Trophy (2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sammo360

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Fixtures
1st Test: February 04 - 08, Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

2nd Test: February 12 - 16, Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

Zimbabwe Squad
Craig Ervine (c), Gary Ballance, Chamu Chibhabha, Tanaka Chivanga, Brad Evans, Joylord Gumbie, Innocent Kaia, Tanunurwa Makoni, Wellington Masakadza, Kudzai Maunze, Brandon Mavuta, Richard Ngarava, Victor Nyauchi, Milton Shumba, Donald Tiripano, Tafadzwa Tsiga

West Indies Squad
Kraigg Brathwaite (c), Jermaine Blackwood (vc), Nkrumah Bonner, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Roston Chase, Joshua Da Silva, Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Kyle Mayers, Gudakesh Motie, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Devon Thomas, Jomel Warrican

Live coverage on icc.tv

Zimbabwe are missing a heap of players. Their best player and captain Sean Williams is injured. Also injured are fast bowlers Blessing Muzarabani and Tendai Chatara. Middle order batsmen Sikandar Raza and Ryan Burl are unavailable due to T20 franchise cricket and wicketkeeper Regis Chakabva appears to have moved to Australia. They do get Gary Ballance who will play his first Test since leaving England.

West Indies look pretty full strength. A similar team to the one that was beaten by Australia in the 1st Test. Jayden Seales is injured but Shannon Gabriel returns.

Sounded like a exciting day of cricket…..

I’m sure for the half dozen Zimbabweans debuting in test cricket, the veteran left handed representing his country of birth for the first time, and the other guys there who haven’t played a test for nearly two years it was.

Pitch wasn’t great for batting or bowling, lack of DRS didn’t help as both batsmen survived close shouts.

Is it raining season? The ODIs vs Ireland were heavily affected too.
Yeah i think so. I think ideally they would play their home internationals in the winter/spring
Whisper it quietly: we have an opening combination.

It's about time they pick Chanderpaul. He'll get a good run in the team now and well deserved.

Too bad about your middle order.

Whisper it quietly: we have an opening combination.
They would want to get a wriggle on though it's day 3 and they are only 300. All wickets in hand they should be looking to attack the rest of the innings. You want to be going at least 3 runs an over considering they have been there for as long as they have.

They would want to get a wriggle on though it's day 3 and they are only 300. All wickets in hand they should be looking to attack the rest of the innings. You want to be going at least 3 runs an over considering they have been there for as long as they have.
Most of their ‘crawl’ was first morning of the game so they can probably be excused a little. It was a fairly slow pitch.

Batting once is the only way this test gets a result so I’m happy if they bat until maybe tea tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

389 of the 447 runs from the openers must be close to a record of some sort.

I thought the Campbell-Griffith stand at Dunedin represented a higher percentage but it didn’t. They were bowled out, though, and not due to throwing the bat.

We still have a real problem doing this, though: our lower order tends to do its best work digging us out of trouble, and can’t find its rhythm on the rare occasions they get put in that position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back