Zondor's Breakdown of the Stats

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly North Melbourne Rock but that is a Fact rather then a Stat so let me commence.

All from the ALF site. :stern look

+17 in running bounces with Boomer having 9 on his own. 23 to 6. Atley the next best with 5. There is no doubting Teffy, Atley can play and will only improve in taking the game on. But anyways it was great that we created run and broke the lines.:thumbsu:

42 to 35 in Clearances, 153 to 151 in Contested Possession and 71 to 65 tackles our way.:thumbsu: Brad Scott should be satisfied by this.

Mr Bubbles 5 contested marks, Petrie 4 contested marks, Goldy 1 contested mark. Look, Goldy has rucked very well this season but he simply needs to grab more contested marks around the ground. He can be excused today due to injury but this is an area of the game he needs to improve.

Marks inside 50. 10 to North and 18 to Essendon. Is this more an issue of a lack of midfield pressure, poor defense or being hurt by turnovers? I'd say a combination of the 3. Something for Brad and the guys to work on.

Essendon, 60 Inside 50's to our 55. I feel that our inability at times to clear our defensive side of the ground resulted in many Essendon Inside 50 re-entries. We really do need to work on our kick outs. When a team has a forward press on, we really struggle to clear the ball.

Anyways that's it for me. I only get paid by the Chocolate Quik can, so guys and girls, feel free to contribute to this great thread. :stern look

Anyways that's it for me. I only get paid by the Chocolate Quik can, so guys and girls, feel free to contribute to this great thread. :stern look

That's probably why you didn't call this thread "Milo-down on the stats". :stern look

The kick outs were predictable, but mildly effective (due to us stacking the numbers on that flank and sending in Human Wrecking Ball, Drew Petrie to do his work). Also had the happy upside of reducing turnovers through skill error/us piss-farting about by exploring more ad-hoc options.

But you're right, probably not ideal. s**t to work on, etc.

That's probably why you didn't call this thread "Milo-down on the stats". :stern look

The kick outs were predictable, but mildly effective (due to us stacking the numbers on that flank and sending in Human Wrecking Ball, Drew Petrie to do his work). Also had the happy upside of reducing turnovers through skill error/us piss-farting about by exploring more ad-hoc options.

But you're right, probably not ideal. s**t to work on, etc.
I'm not sure why Mr Kicking Efficiency in Brady Rawlings and Mr Khoas Ball in Scott Thompson are taking the kick outs. First things first, let's have a designated kicker.

Yes and I'm big on working on s**t. I like to get up peoples' you know what's and do some work. :stern look

Just on the marks inside 50.

It seems we kick it a lot longer and deeper than most teams. So I suppose even though we get less marks inside 50 we also get the ball into more dangerous positions.

Look, Goldy has rucked very well this season but he simply needs to grab more contested marks around the ground. He can be excused today due to injury but this is an area of the game he needs to improve.

Surely the amount of contested marks Goldy takes and can take depends on how many contested situations he is in and if he is in a contested situation but doesn't take the mark but receives a free kick instead he isn't credited with a contested mark so stats don't always tell the full story.

Surely the amount of contested marks Goldy takes and can take depends on how many contested situations he is in and if he is in a contested situation but doesn't take the mark but receives a free kick instead he isn't credited with a contested mark so stats don't always tell the full story.
Yes,there are times that the stats don't tell the full story. However I still stand by my comments re Goldy. If he starts taking big grabs on a consistent basis he will be unstoppable.

Re our kickouts from behinds, I'd love to see at least one of our players learn to do the long low penetrating kicks that Fletcher managed, he did it a few times and delivered to Essendon players in the centre square.

We seem to break down too often at the half back line, that's something we need to work on.

We seem to break down too often at the half back line, that's something we need to work on.

I just don't think we have the right personnel at half back right now. Spud is way down on form, McMahon not playing well and Cunners' kicking/awareness not good. Really would like to see someone like Richo, Speight, Urq ( or even Scotty Thompson playing further up the ground) to give us a bit more dash & flair in this part of the ground.

There needs to be a plan B option if the long kick to the boundary is not working. Essendon butchered numerous re-entries. And Dish is doing a mountain of work atm he is going to burn out at seasons end. Good to see Azza and Pedo shoulder the load in the last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back