News Zones Possibly Coming Back

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad idea. The draft has no problems, but then again the AFL has a knack for fixing things that don't need fixing.

AFL Love Changing Rules just for the Sake of it.

Though I can see why Teams would want Access to players at a Younger Age

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
What are your Thoughts and What TAC Cup Team would we get?

I am not sure about this idea at all as I think some teams like Geelong and Essendon will Benfit Huge as the Falcons and Cannons always has a top draft prospect nearly every draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-...introducing-recruiting-zones-for-all-18-clubs

We'd be aligned to the Northern Knights you'd imagine. I don't know how the AFL would sell it, but it's certainly something I'd welcome.

We'd be aligned to the Northern Knights you'd imagine. I don't know how the AFL would sell it, but it's certainly something I'd welcome.

Well - That would be a Disadvantage as the Knights have not been strong for while and not had many top Prospects lately.

The 2 last year been talked about where Kyle Langford and Reece McKenzie

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Well - That would be a Disadvantage as the Knights have not been strong for while and not had many top Prospects lately.

The 2 last year been talked about where Kyle Langford and Reece McKenzie

Irrelevant. With academy support there would be plenty of hits to go around. We would also have had the Bont the year before...

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Ok 2 points Knights are a weak TAC cup system and they are linked to the Northern Blues who is aligned with Carlton

Do your research on what the traditional zones were! Ours were the northern suburbs and Carlton under this system would receive the Pioneers.

Ok 2 points Knights are a weak TAC cup system and they are linked to the Northern Blues who is aligned with Carlton

So would we then be Aligned to the Murray Bushrangers like our VFL Team is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's to stop us pumping a whole lot of cash into a TAC club, then identify all the best talent at 14 years old and then move them to our TAC aligned team?

Just seems stupid and likely to be corruptable

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Aberdeen FC
Irrelevant. With academy support there would be plenty of hits to go around. We would also have had the Bont the year before...
Just because a teams success isn't high doesn't mean they don't have good players. Just moving on from this.
2014- Langford, Reece Mckenzie
2013- Bont, Lennon
2012- Vlastuin, Corr, Hrovat (that would be a handy trio)
2011- Longer, newnes, buckley (another handy trio, maybe no need for Longer)
2010- Josh Caddy
2009- Grimley, Dylan grimes (nothing there)
2008- Michael Hurley, Zaharakis, Michael Still (would def take the first two, last is on our VFL list)
2007- Matt Kruzer, Trent Cotchin, Vezpremi, Jack Grimes

Wouldn't actually be a bad result based on the last 8 years. I would take at least 12 of those on that list.

What's to stop us pumping a whole lot of cash into a TAC club, then identify all the best talent at 14 years old and then move them to our TAC aligned team?

Just seems stupid and likely to be corruptable

I dare say there be Rules to Stop That

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do your research on what the traditional zones were! Ours were the northern suburbs and Carlton under this system would receive the Pioneers.
I know that I live in the heart of the old Collingwood zone but they are talking about aligning AFL clubs with TAC cup clubs not going back to the old zones so Carlton would get the Knights

I know that I live in the heart of the old Collingwood zone but they are talking about aligning AFL clubs with TAC cup clubs not going back to the old zones so Carlton would get the Knights

On the Draft Board. A person said we could get Aligned to the Oakleigh Chargers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back