Zookotas 2016 Afl phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you give us an idea of who might go at Pick 88?
Hi mate, sure why not! Well honestly I think picking top 10 is probably the easiest and than after that it could literally go anywhere. Theres alot of talent this year and over pick 50 anything can happen. If hawks are lucky and Jarman nominates that he wants to go to Hawthorn than im sure clubs will go by that code and respect in not taking him before pick 88 because he is better than that of course. He is a great kick and very courageous in his play and would suit hawthorn. Anyways though if that doesnt happen its purely going to be based on whoever is best available at that pick so as I said anything can happen. Hope that helps.

Very nice job.

But I think North will go after a pure Mid I would be happy with Oliver Florent.
North will definitely try and go for a pure mid no doubt but they do have pick 32/33 and im sure they will pick some there. Berry is a really good player and very athletic and versatile he can play most roles and play them well. I think he would suit north melbourne very well. Theres still time for north to pick a great pure mid around pick 32/33.

Thanks mate I really appreciate that, cheers! I think he definitely should with his talent, however I think his weight at 61kg will be his only downfall on why he will not be picked up earlier. His body frame is really small and is definitely not up to AFL body standard yet, so if St kilda take him than and he takes time to focus on his build well st kilda just picked up a future champion in my eyes for sure.

He is a tiny fella BUT ....Wow he plays with the confidence of a Giant .
I think he would be perfect for St Kilda , we could build his frame and fitness base similar to Nick OKearney ( currently 70kg ) .
:thumbsu:

He is a tiny fella BUT ....Wow he plays with the confidence of a Giant .
I think he would be perfect for St Kilda , we could build his frame and fitness base similar to Nick OKearney ( currently 70kg ) .
:thumbsu:
Oh mate believe me, he was close to being my favourite player in the draft aha! The confidence,skill,finesse, everything just pure beauty that one. Yeah I can agree with that and nick riewoldt will for sure be one of the best guidance for him.

A very good mock draft......I think you added a lot of interesting perspectives that I hadn't heard before.
Thank you very much aussieviking! I really appreciate this comment and glad to see someyone else appreciates the hark work I put in while adding some humour to get the crowd going.

GC have said they will be drafting 5 players so unless Sydney bid on Scheer you may need to shuffle the players to give us another non-academy player at pick 10

GC have said they will be drafting 5 players so unless Sydney bid on Scheer you may need to shuffle the players to give us another non-academy player at pick 10
Hmm thank you with that, I will see what I can do cheers!

Hi everyone! Last year I did my first phantom draft with my own thoughts and predictions who I thought would best suit that team. Clayton Oliver was my smokie pick and in my top 5 personal best players when noyone heard of him much or even had him in there top 20. Same goes to Partington who was my 6th favourite player of the draft and was the first afl draftee of the year to be resigned without even playing a game. Anywho nothing will change this year and will still be formatted the same, except with my top 10 personal favourites changing to top 15 and a top 25 phantom draft. A reminder, I will also continue not to add any gws academy players into my top 25 draft although I rate perryman highly as a player. Lets begin fellas!

Now to my 15 favourite draftees.
Top 15 favourite draftees in my ranking-

1 Hugh McGluggage

2 Zac Fisher

3 Tim Taranto

4 Andrew McGrath

5 Jack Bowes

6 Sam Petrevski Peton

7 Ben Ainsworth

8 Jarrod Berry

9 Will Hayward

10 Shai Bolton

11 Daniel Venables

12 Harry Perryman

13 Oliver Florent

14 Griffin Logue

15 Brandon Parfitt

Top 25 Phantom Draft:

Pick 1 Essendon- Hugh McGluggage- Wow Hugh is definitely a player that brings excitement to me like a curly french fry brings excitement to cameron diaz. He is an outside player that has a great knowledge of the game and knows how to impact the game to his advantage. When he gets the ball he gets rid of it very well and when near goals I'd be careful because my god he can be dangerous and do damage to that scoreboard as a midfielder. I would love for him to work on his inside game and build his body up because in years to come with development I can definitely see him as a danger in the AFL (No not a dangerfield, but a force to be reckoned with danger). What a McRipper!!

Pick 2- Greater Western Sydney- Andrew McGrath- Don't get me wrong GWS has a phenominal young side and will probably make it into the grand final next year, but if I had to say which position is the weakest even though I feel this position is still great it would be the backline, which in my opinion is lacking a small half back similar to a rory laird type. Andrew Mcgrath is the man who definitely suits this role and would flourish at GWS backline as he shows that he possess great leadership skills and has the natural footy ability in him. When he gets the footy in his hands in the backline, his speed to get out of there and pass to his team mates is truly a great thing to watch. He has really fast and clean hands and can intercept very well which was shown against big marker half forward Ben Ainsworth. Not only can he play half back but when he experiments in the midfield he still does not dissapoint, racking up 44 disposals and a whopping 19 tackles. You can tell leadership appeals to him when most of his team mates passed the ball into his hands. One worry I have on him though and would like to see him improve abit especially with the likes of Heath Shaw mentoring him in is his kicking. Sometimes I see him lacking in his kicking which puts me off his great talent that he possesses as a natural.

Pick 3 Brisbane bids on but loses. Gold Coast- Jack Bowes- I feel like Brisbane IMO is definitely lacking a player like Bowes who oozes class all over him. Everytime I see his team play I never seem to unnotice him as he is everywhere in the midfield and just knows how to get the footy and get it away stylish and in peace to a space where the wouldnt be much pressure to himself or team mates. I love how calm, collective and graceful he is when he handles the ball, just so classy. I'd love his movement to be abit faster like his mind with what he does with the ball, if that was improved than he basically is the new jaeger omeara to Gold coast. I do believe Brisbane will bid on him, but theres no way gold coast will let them get away with that and take the golden prize home. He is mature enough in the body and in his skills to play straight away so I wouldnt think once on not picking him straight up by any club. Absolute BOWEautiful player!

Pick 4 Brisbane- Will Brodie- Hmm to be honest I found it tough to write something generous about Will Brodie, whom everyone seems to HIGHLY rate. Don't get me wrong the kid can get the ball and is a clearance machine, but to be frank when Will gets the ball in most of his highlights, he will get the ball fast which is great but he is not calm,collective and struggles under pressure. When he struggles under pressure he will either kick it wild and 90% go to a opposition or handball it to an opposition player, sometimes his team mate or even wont make the distance to anyone. Check out his highlights and hopefully you can see what I mean, but as always its my opinion and others peoples opinions will differ so just letting out what I think. Other than that, if he can learn to play relaxed and composed like Jack Bowes or my boy Zac Fisher who I will get to later on than I believe he can somehow be a very useful mid to anyone. He can read the ball very well and would kill to get the ball first which is a thing I like to see in players. He has a great mature body that is definitely already AFL, made he just needs some time IMO to relax abit and not feel so tensed or worked up, which damages his thought process when getting rid of the ball. Overall I think he would be a great addition to the brisbane lions midfield as they need a clearance king.

Pick 5 Carlton- Tim Taranto- Now if you love italian food which mine is probably italian gelato, than you're definitely going to love this fella. Alright back to footy talk, this kid has some serious talent and I would personally take him at pick number two but realistically he is not rated as high as the four fellas before him in a recruiters eye or medias mouth. He is definitely an all rounder type player who moves well, has great vision, very well relaxed and calm, does not struggle under pressure and actually excels when under pressure, clean hands and great at stoppages. When in forward he is very damaging and a little similiar like Hugh McGluggage in that way with his great overhead marking one on one and the ability to get the ball away from opposition as fast as possible to his team mates. He also possesses the Hugh Mcgluggage goal sense and can damage that scoreboard when in half forward too. With his mature body and more years of developement to come id love to see him in the midfield partnering with cripps and taking his great footy kicking style into the forward line or even the goals. An overall genuine gun and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead as he would be great at any team.

Pick 6 Gold Coast- Ben Ainsworth- I will put it out right now that I believe Ben Ainsworth probably has the biggest potential as a player and half forward. Last year he was one of the biggest names in U17s and big prospect to watch for this year, being an all australian and a deadly half forward that does big damage. When the ball is near his side, he takes big and impressive marks either one on one contested or a fast lead up, can kick goals in very tricky positions, evasive skills and movement is top notch and fast hands to team mates when under pressure. This year he has been a bit on and off and hasnt fully produced what I think he really can and when that day does come I cannot wait and id be very careful. I'm hoping he improves more on his defensive skills,tackling and more time in midfield because seeing him do some stints at the midfield too would be very exciting for me. I think he suits gold coasts plan and would be a good addition if they want to look further in the future.

Pick 7 Fremantle- Tim English- I was mainly looking at Sam Petrevski Seton at this spot and though he would look great in these colours, however even though I feel like Sam would be a better version of most of these type of players at Fremantle in the position Sam would play in, I don't think there would be enough room for him. I mean they already have Bradley hill, Michael Walters and Harley Bennell. Eugh oh well. Anyways back to who Fremantle really needs. Duhhh, the best Ruckman in this current Afl draft.Unfortunately the man Sandi isnt getting any younger and Fremantle really needs some oomph and courageousness in the ruck and English would suit this well. His not afraid to get in and be a little rough and dirty and show that he can act and pretend to be a midfielder too, savagely trying to get the ball from the ground and giving it straight to his team mates with those big clean hands. He is very fit and athletic aswell as being calm under pressure with a very accurate kick. He is a good tap ruck and can even go forward and kick some goals if needed. He would be a great long term ruck and would suit Fremantles list to a tea in the long run.

Pick 8 Gold Coast- Sam Petrevski Seton- Helllllllllllo Harley Bennell 2.0 but a better version? Hmm I believe so. Hands down the most classiest half forward/midfielder in this draft for sure. What I love about SPS is yes he has the speed, I mean yeah sure but the kid can kick perfectly on both sides of the foot, like what the heck thats pure talent just there surely aha. And for me I dont see much of that on a speedster. He is like a harley davidson, you rev him up and he goes powerfully smooth while feeling unstoppable and noyone in your way. He can create some great space and has a great footy knowledge of what he should do and where he should control the pace of the football. He is also rough and loves a tackle and oh my oh my a violent tackler is always a plus for me, not some soft**** tackling here ladies and gentleman. Id like to see him play more the half forward role because I definitely see some potential in him being a great shot at goal with his composure, smooth kicking and wonderful evasive sidestepping skills. Fremantle is where I saw him but at gold coast he would be just as good.

Pick 9 Sydney- Jack Scrimshaw- I like this kid, well I like alot of players in this draft to be honest but I think he has some big big potential to be something else and breakout to be someyone better than what he is now. I like the smoothness this kid has in the half back and the determination he has to get the ball from the half back and treat himself like a midfielder and possess the ball with such class. His left foot kick im not going to lie is probably in my top 5 of whom I seen for best kicks this draft. Its just so perfect when its a long kick and precisely goes to his target, however when its a shorter kick sometimes its not as good. He has some great speed on him from the half back and I like how well he can read the ball from the ground and turn it into his possession. I've seen him plays stints in the midfield and as I say to some not so mature bodied players I know that when he bulks up and matures that body and gets use to the afl bodies that he will be up against, he can become a very very good midfielder that can impact a game to his way. Him as a player overall I know he would be a better mid than a half back, so I think he would perfectly suit sydneys game style and start half back getting ideas from callum mills who share some similiar qualities and than learning the tricks of the trades from the best group of midfielders in a team (JPK/hanners/Parker). When he is matured I know for a fact he will do very well in the afl and of course sydney ;) .

Pick 10 Gold Coast- Brad Scheer- Final pick for Gold Coast and personally I don't see them declining this Gold Coast academy player. Yes another midfielder and the 4th and final mid and pick for gold coast but Gold Coast need as much midfielders as they can get haha. I actually kinda like Brad Scheer, im not sure with others but I feel that his quite underrated. I do feel that he is not a fast paced player, however the kid does have some skills nonetheless. His good at stoppages and a great contested ball winner with Jack Bowes by his side. He definitely has the body for AFL so he should start asap and with that big body comes a rough and aggressive fella that loves a hard tackle here and there and when they do come for you oh well you probably look like you should be on the bench after. Not only can he rack the ball alot, tackle hard and apply pressure and smash the stoppages, but he can also be deadly up forward too. He has a great pair of clean hands to take some great marks and his precision at kicking and shot at goal isnt that bad too. He does remind me of Josh Caddy alot and I think he will suit Gold coast and to play alongside his team mate Jack Bowes.

Pick 11 North Melbourne- Jarrod Berry- Jarrod berry has some talent thats for sure. Last year he was in the NAB AFL u18 All Australian team as an underaged half back with the likes of Jacob Weitering, Eric Hipwood and Kieran Collins with him. This year he has been on and off only because of an injury affected year unfortunately, but when his fresh he will be up and going and be real deadly. At 191cm and his athletic body, he could really play any position going in the backline, midfield and even in the forward line. I love how he can back the big body of his because his so goddamn courageous and would go rough and dive into pack just to get that ball and will leave unhurt. He definitely is a leader thats for sure, he will develop his skills even more when he joins the AFL and he will be a very great prospect to watch. His read on the ball and overhead marking against his opponent is really spot on. I love the dash of speed he has for his size running out of the half back looking real swift and kicking it very accurately to his team mates. Even in his stints in the forward line he looks really good. He can slot a few goals when up forward and his hunger to get the ball in the position is no problem whatsoever. I think Jarrod Berry would suit North Melbourne perfectly. They need a player who has great leadership skills and someyone who knows the game well and I think as he plays any role very well with not much problems he can really be there man.

Pick 12 West Coast- Griffin Logue- The big man Griffin Logue! Logue is a big fella who's knowledge on the AFL game is spot on and high. A very ferocious player towards the opposition one on one or even in packs either from the lower ground or above. He has that big hunger to get the ball in his hands with his great intercept marks or even smartly played by spoiling it at a team mates direction or tapping it towards a team mate. He would hardly be beaten one on when it comes to marking and reads the ball very well when in the air. Personally I would really really love to see him in the midfield and be under the wing of sam mitchell. Reason why is when I see him in the midfield and the ball lands into his hands I see Jordan Lewis in him. Just the way he handles himself and uses the ball in the midfield reminds me alot of Jordan Lewis. Having stints in the midfield and learning more with the help of Sam Mitchell now would be a really great thing to see and if he improves on his midfield game I believe he will absolutely destroy in that position with his big body and AFL smarts.

Pick 13 Adelaide- Daniel Venables- I really rate Venables like I REALLY do! There have been talks about him before being a potential top 10 pick and changing here and there. I can understand why he was talked up about being a potential top 10 pick. Although he has had a pretty inconsistent year and suffered a injury affected year, I can definitely see the potential in him and the hard work ethic that lies in him. His the type of player that can have quiet games at some points and do small things that really excite us and eager of wanting to see what other tricks he has. He has the strength, speed, roughness you'd want in a player, explosiveness and very powerful in his play. I love his movement and evasiveness skills! If he can work on consistency and more development in the midfield than I can see a Macrae type mid off him. I know he can create some great space when the ball is in his hands and he is hungry to get the ball at stoppages when in mid. I just want to see his disposal game a little higher because his magic with the ball.

Pick 14 Port Adelaide- Oliver Florent- For a small bodied young player, this kid has something special thats for sure and what is making him standout more is the fire in his heart and definitely the motivation and determination in him. His work ethic is absolutely phenominal and would not quit at all in hard situations even against bigger bodies with his little body. He has x factor written all over him. Very smooth and once in the midfield he glides through racking the ball without ease and can bring that ball straight to the half forward line where his role initially had been. My favourite moment and example of him dangerous in the mid is when he finds the ball from outside and creates some beautiful space to bring it to the half forward line and use the ball very well in his advantage. Not only can he rack them but his release of the ball is good to, always hitting his targets nice and fast aswell as receiving it and giving it clean. In the half forward he doesnt impact that scoreboard as much as he can with him scoring, however he can do it in a different way by hunting for that ball and taking great overhead marks to than assist it to other team mates that would have a shot at goal. When Florent works on his frame which is my only issue with him and will of course take some time, he will flourish and could possibly be a outside mid name youd be hearing alot in the future.

Pick 15 GWS- No one, it would most likely be used for one of perryman or setterfield so not doing any gws academy player or this pick.

Pick 16 Brisbane- Alex Witherden- The biggest unknown of this draft of which place he will go as he is another player whom broke his leg. It all comes down to all of his performances back in 2015 in which he was rated possible top 5 for this year and his 2 matches from the start of this year. Witherden is a great rebound defender who has the mindset that he should be the first person to get the ball when a group of people are hunting it, and when he does hunt for it and gets the ball in his hands he has no worries of getting rid of it well and fast with his great vision and evasive running off half back and that penetrating right kick which targets his team mates very well. When the ball does get in his hands it always ends up well to the forward line where his team mates can take marks and impact that scoreboard. At the start of this year in TAC he had some stints in the forward line too and did have some shot in that forward line so he can play a few different positions aswell thats for sure. If Brisbane are willing to take a risk on him this early I think it would be genius as he was touted top 5 pick last year and I hear is slowly getting better so if they do pick him I think he would be a very great pick for the future in that weak backline and even have some stints in the forward line once he has the experience.

Pick 17 Port Adelaide- Will Hayward- Will Hayward has been a very big name coming up to the ranks this past month and I do see the reasons why his bolting up. In the SANFL he has kicked 33 goals from 9 games like what the heck thats an average of 3-4 goals a game which is pretty damn good. Also in the under 18s SANFL preliminary final he booted 9 massive goals to be best on ground and let his side make it to the under 18 SANFL grand final but unfortunately losing to glenelg in the final with the score of 56-55 and hayward kicking 4 goals out of those 55 points which is solid. He is no doubt the best forward in the SANFL and incredibly consistent with his goals aswell as having a very athletic body that knows how to lead one on ones with his big clean hands and great marking skills. His footy IQ in the forward line is danger to his opposition as he also loves a few pack marks and knows what to do once in the air. When it comes to getting the ball on the ground in the forward line there will be no difference as he will excel in finishing the ball in the goalsquare with perfection and calm composure. Personally I am dying for him to sink to Carltons forward line, but I know for sure he will be picked before and will be an important landing to Port Adelaides forward line.

Pick 18 Western Bulldogs- Jy Simpkin- If Jy Simpkin did not suffer that broken leg injury at the start of the season, than I am very sure we would of heard his name much more in this draft. Last year he was one of the big names to be touted to be in the top 5 draft picks this year alongside Jarrod Berry, Sam Petrevski, Alex Witherden and Ben Ainsworth. He definitely has that x factor look in him when you watch him play and he is just so smooth and silky for an energetic player. Got a nice pair of clean hands in whatever position of when he is in the midfield diving for the ball or even in the forward line where he can impact a game an be a match winner. He has a lovely right sided kick that goes at a blistering speed at a very long and accurate distance hitting the target perfectly, which is a big plus for me. Id like to see him play mid abit more than half forward because he is very calm and composed and handles himself like one but he is also a very good half forward. With more develepoment and improvement to his game, I think Jy would be a well suited addition to Western Bulldogs if they choose him and to be honest his so the type of player western bulldogs love to choose. They just know to pick them.

Pick 19 Sydney- Sam Powell Pepper- Absolute beast this MAN is. He is definitely not a kid thats for sure I mean his a bloody beast. He has some experience in the WAFL playing for East Perth football club, so there should be no problem in starting AFL already for next year. He is so goddamn rough at the ball and also another player that has the hunger to be the first person to get the ball in his hands so he can be the show of the day. Now lets get back to his assets, he is so strong in the midfield and that hunger for the ball is a plus for him as he can find plenty of the ball and give great use to it, rough as heck and will drag bodies to the ground with no problem, for a big fella he has some great endurance on him aswell as elite speed and evasiveness in any situation. Sam also has versatility and play different roles in the game also being a threat in the forward line too. When he plays half forward at times, that speed and evasiveness comes to play well when sidestepping everywhere and using the ball either to his team mates or shot at goal. In my opinion he needs to work on his kicking more because sometimes they look abit iffy,but I could wrong as he got 30/30 perfect score for goalkicking and that can be a massive plus and threat. He would suit sydney so well and he could turn to another sydney great midfielder in the future if they want.

Pick 20 Essendon- Josh Battle- A key forward who is very athletic and big build. He is good at contested marking and has a fantastic footy IQ in the forward line as he isnt that fast as a player and if he knows when he is in a bad situation and trust me he would know, he would use it to his team mates advantage that are nearby and give them the space and better chance for them to have a shot and score at goal. Josh can score goals himself and has no problem with that, but its his footy IQ in and not being selfish in giving the ball to his team mates when he thinks they have a better chance. Josh Battle would suit Essendons forward line so bad as a third tall forward whom can help out Daniher.

Pick 21 Brisbane- Shai Bolton- I love shai!! He is so classy and pristine with himself and the ball. When he gets the ball and tries to leap for it he looks so damn good! Ive been watching him and playing real close attention to him and he looks like a geniune gun and backed it up looking classy as heck at the TAC Allstars u18. His speed and evasiveness while playing and breaking through the midfield is great and delivers the ball well aswell as loving to reach a tackle here and there. Shais goal sense is also great as he can kick goals at any position near forward and give good use to it to other team mates if he sees a better opportunity. The only issue I have with him is he doesnt get as much disposals as I would love him to. He should start aiming at improving his stoppages and getting more disposal and than I can see him being a great player. If he can muscle up his body and focus in an increase of disposals I can see abit of dusty martin in him than.

Pick 22 Brisbane- Jacob Allison- Underrated player for sure!! He had a pretty upsetting year as he didnt get much of the ball as he did the year before when he earnt a place in the TAC all australian 2015. In my eyes it was probably the lack of confidence that has been affecting his form and games but if Brisbane do commit to him as their final Bris pick than im sure they will help him as much as possible to standout the way he should. Besides that he can be good at stoppages, has clean hands and gives the ball away nicely,and has a thumping right kick that can go 60m and help get the ball in the forwardline. His speed is great also as he runs through packs in the halfback, mid and than into the forward line. I just want allison to be more comfortable with his footy skills and start putting everything on the line so he can be the best he can and reach his full potential like the time he was all australian last year.

Pick 23 St Kilda- Zac Fisher- Oh my god you don't realise how long I have been waiting to write about this kid and finally the time has come....Yes! Wow wow wow I dont even know what to say about this kid like did I even say WOW? Zac is such an all rounder player and has THE x factor written all over him. He is just possibly the best person for me to watch and I get more in love with him every time I replay different videos of him. If you blink you will miss what he does with the ball in a pack, you will be thinking what the heck did he even touch the ball. His so gifted with his speed on the field and with the ball, aswell as using it very clean and to perfection. He loves to burst through and from stoppages to and with the ball and making great decisions to help his team further through the game. He can definitely find and get the ball thats no issue whatsoever.His clearance work is really great as he can bring it up forward with no hesitation and problems aswell as doing it so fast while being calm and composed. He looks so goddamn energetic that he literally reminds me of Ben cousins, like seriously though he actually reminds me alot of how ben cousins plays. His height at 175cm is definitely not an issue nor his weight at that level however once in the AFL he will struggle against the bigger bodies. When time comes for developement he should get his frame up and coming and than he will be such an important player in the AFL thats for sure. He would suit st kilda and Im locking this is. For all you saint fans if he does come please welcome him with open arms and treat him like a king because Im not taking this back but I feel like the king is coming.

Pick 24 Geelong- Patrick Kerr- Patty Kerr the man. I do enjoy watching him lead from the forward line boosting up in the air and taking big over head marks off the ground. His just got that look when going for the ball, looks so classy as a forward and kick goals with absolute finesse when in his hands. Id like to see him toy with some other positions because his speed is great aswell and that could be useful for any team. Right now geelong definitely need a forward to support Tom Hawkins in the future and I think Kerr fits this spot perfectly.

Pick 25 Carlton- Jordan Galluci- The italian galluci brother of Andrew who plays for Carlton. I dont think Carlton would pass on Andrews brother who lately this past month has been heard of alot with his record breaking draft combine results. He has been named in this years TAC under 18 all australian which is a good thing to have and will surely allow him to make top 25 without ease. I find him a quality outside player that can rack the ball and use it well aswell as dragging it the forwardline and doing his own tricks as his goal sense is top notch. He knows how to break through the forward line and put his speed and evasiveness into it, however I am not a fan of his kicking which is really cringe to look at sometimes. To me he can play any position besides ruck of course and can do well in any of them. He should most likely join his brother Andrew as they can experience the future years together.

Well thats all the wrap guys and I hope you have a lovely read and get a few ideas. This is my opinion so this is what I think and I know there will be mixed opinions but I love it. Cant wait for the afl draft this year and hope everyone will be happy in the end. Cheers guys

Confused on your assesment of teh SA kids having watched a lot this year

Hayward didnt play any SANFL league thiis year he played a couple of resrveses games the rest under 18's which unfortunatly isnt the standard of the TAC, Jarman broke into the SANNFL reserves on a more consistent basis but couldnt manage the leap to league. Villis played 7 or 8 SANFL League games for norwood

Sharenberg played SANFL league all year and played one Under 18 game game being that of the U18 Grand Final which he took out the Best on Ground medal, funnily enough against Hayward and his team

I don't know that the Eagles have had great success turning Key position players into midfielders so i'm not sure whether Logue is the right fit for them. Powell-Pepper seems a better fit to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi mate, sure why not! Well honestly I think picking top 10 is probably the easiest and than after that it could literally go anywhere. Theres alot of talent this year and over pick 50 anything can happen. If hawks are lucky and Jarman nominates that he wants to go to Hawthorn than im sure clubs will go by that code and respect in not taking him before pick 88 because he is better than that of course. He is a great kick and very courageous in his play and would suit hawthorn. Anyways though if that doesnt happen its purely going to be based on whoever is best available at that pick so as I said anything can happen. Hope that helps.

Thanks but I feel that sometimes the clubs don't pick the best person available (which I like to refer to as the Tambling Paradox). So although Jarman might go through to 88 is it possible we could get someone else? I'm also a bit concerned about his gene pool; what happens if he's got less of Dad's ball skills and more of his appetite for pies?

Confused on your assesment of teh SA kids having watched a lot this year

Hayward didnt play any SANFL league thiis year he played a couple of resrveses games the rest under 18's which unfortunatly isnt the standard of the TAC, Jarman broke into the SANNFL reserves on a more consistent basis but couldnt manage the leap to league. Villis played 7 or 8 SANFL League games for norwood

Sharenberg played SANFL league all year and played one Under 18 game game being that of the U18 Grand Final which he took out the Best on Ground medal, funnily enough against Hayward and his team
Will played in the SANFL for the under18 North Adelaide roosters, which is still in the SANFL mate. You'd notice this as he kicked 9 goals in the SANFL under 18s preliminary final and practically won the game for them.

I don't know that the Eagles have had great success turning Key position players into midfielders so i'm not sure whether Logue is the right fit for them. Powell-Pepper seems a better fit to me.
No they havent but he really does play like a midfielder, he has the body and hunger to be something big. I can agree powell pepper would suit west coast definitely but I am seeing that alot on the AFL. My phantom draft is purely based on what I think not that 'guru' twomey or whoever. Changes in my draft could change later on though but thanks for the insight.

Would be baffled if Marshalll didnt go top 25...
I don't rate him top 25 and thats just me. I dont see the big talk on this kid in my eyes and think he is way overrated. What makes him deserve to be top 25 besides hearing his name that he is in the top 25? I mean have you seen him lately, he hasnt kicked much goals from what Ive seen. He wasnt impressive at the 2016 nab afl u18s all stars match. This is just my opinion though, so dont take it the wrong way.

Thanks but I feel that sometimes the clubs don't pick the best person available (which I like to refer to as the Tambling Paradox). So although Jarman might go through to 88 is it possible we could get someone else? I'm also a bit concerned about his gene pool; what happens if he's got less of Dad's ball skills and more of his appetite for pies?
Dane swan the pig of piggery was picked at pick 58, Robbie gray pick 55, Justin Westhoff pick 77, Cale hooker pick 54, Taylor Duryea pick 69. Those are a few players who were picked so high but became at top level or very helpful towards there club. Nah I rate Ben Jarman his definitely rough at the ball and has a great bloody kick! He will be good and his father wasnt that big during his footy days so it really shouldnt be a problem mate. Like I said anything could happen pick 88 but if Jarman chooses that he wants to be at Hawks he will end there mate. Other than that I honestly would have no clue who could go pick 88, sorry mate. Looks like a waiting game for now.

Will played in the SANFL for the under18 North Adelaide roosters, which is still in the SANFL mate. You'd notice this as he kicked 9 goals in the SANFL under 18s preliminary final and practically won the game for them.

Yes I watched the game also watched the GF which both Will and Jonty played in, Jonty took out the nedal for MVP it was his only U/18 Game for the year as he played SANFL league footy not juniors like Will, he was too good to be playing Juniors unfortunatly Will didnt have the runs on the board to get a gig at league level

Partington And Fisher can certainly see your type of player ;)

I always get sucked into the slightly undersized key fwd.
Aswell as Clayton Oliver mate! Loved him from day one I saw him when he wasnt known much at all. Hahaha of course, jack gunston, james sicily and ryan burton who could classify in those slighty undersized key forwards who are very great and powerful in that position at Hawthorn.

Hope your right about Parto. Our development of mids in recent times haven't been as good as some of the other clubs going around. From the games i saw at WAFL, he was promising but it seemed to me he struggled against the mature bodies. Hopefully a big presason or 2 in the gym can solve that. His finish to the year was good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back