Meet Up Zoom chat with Flynn Perez tomorrow - any questions you want?

Okay all - Luke72 has kindly arranged a zoom chat tomorrow with Flynn Perez and the player sponsors. Take your minds off yesterday's loss for a sec, and think of a question for our young future superstar! I'm already going to ask him if he'll wear the long sleeves when he makes the team (if I can figure out Zoom!), so that IMPORTANT one is taken.

All in here, if there's a question you would like asked...:think::footy:

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Okay all - Luke72 has kindly arranged a zoom chat tomorrow with Flynn Perez and the player sponsors. Take your minds off yesterday's loss for a sec, and think of a question for our young future superstar! I'm already going to ask him if he'll wear the long sleeves when he makes the team (if I can figure out Zoom!), so that IMPORTANT one is taken.

All in here, if there's a question you would like asked...:think::footy:
Is he growing his hair back?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The obvious when’s he back in full training?

Then some inside knowledge stuff
Whose the best trainer at the club?
Who does he look up to the most at the club?
Any lads he played against last year who are draft eligible this year that he would want north to take?

Those are great questions! I'm curious too as to who he looks up to most. Was thinking of asking that.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The one question I'd really like answered is "Where does the club see you playing your best footy?"...

The glaring hole in our list from my perspective is a good user off Half Back. I was absolutely shocked that we didn't take one with one of our 3x 2nd round picks in 2019. Is Flynn being groomed as a HB distributor or more as a wingman.

sorry the Z., just missed you on these. I don't think anyone asked about his (or anyone else's) strength, but he did say that he thought L Mac was the funniest guy at the club, and that he enjoyed hanging out with him a fair bit. Also, that Jasper is his best mentor! :heart:

Also, the player he compares himself most to is Jason Johanissen, which I thought was pretty awesome. He says he's not quite as fast, but he's got some good burst speed.

Rehab is going well, he's pleased with his progress. I think he said he hoped to be back out there at the end of the season, but who knows - I mean, define "season" at this point.

Coping okay with the whole Covid thing - wishes he didn't have to be isolated so much, but he's got a very level-headed attitude about it all - it just is what it is sort of thing.

Best takeaway - Larkey's nick name for him is "Rezidue" !! Love it.

(oh, and BFAAK - Richmond. Bloody hell. I guess we'll just have to overlook it. On the upside, he says he's definitely a Kanga now, from the second he joined!)

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
sorry the Z., just missed you on these. I don't think anyone asked about his (or anyone else's) strength, but he did say that he thought L Mac was the funniest guy at the club, and that he enjoyed hanging out with him a fair bit. Also, that Jasper is his best mentor! :heart:

Also, the player he compares himself most to is Jason Johanissen, which I thought was pretty awesome. He says he's not quite as fast, but he's got some good burst speed.

Rehab is going well, he's pleased with his progress. I think he said he hoped to be back out there at the end of the season, but who knows - I mean, define "season" at this point.

Coping okay with the whole Covid thing - wishes he didn't have to be isolated so much, but he's got a very level-headed attitude about it all - it just is what it is sort of thing.

(oh, and BFAAK - Richmond. Bloody hell. I guess we'll just have to overlook it. On the upside, he says he's definitely a Kanga now, from the second he joined!)
Brilliant Sopwiths North ....Thanks for the update...
Rez is a great nickname for him. Easy.
really excited about what this kid could bring. His skills, particularly kicking, look sensational in the limited vids of him.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Back at the end of the season?

He did his ACL very early last year, that would essentially be 2 years out of the game.

Has he had a setback of some kind?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Back at the end of the season?

He did his ACL very early last year, that would essentially be 2 years out of the game.

Has he had a setback of some kind?
From memory he mentioned there was some soreness on the knee when he started to ramp up his training so they backed him off for a while.

There's no rush with this kid. He's 18 with an enormous 10 + years ahead if we look after him now.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed this thread. I think he said he wasn’t far off fully training but it’s kind of 4 weeks to build enough fitness to be available for the scratch matches and then trying to break into the team after that.

He will play off the half back which is what he did as a junior. He is more of a line breaking play maker than an aerialist but is hoping Jasper will help him improve that part of his game. He did say he was pretty good defensively too.

Jack Mahoney gets called Wayne Rooney which is pretty funny.

Was hoping that if he had to go to a hub it’s somewhere warm. If it was a short term thing they probably take 30 players but if it’s longer term then probably the whole squad go.

He is not planning on growing the hair back as it’s less of a distraction when playing (good man!)

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Could we use this technique to lure Sidebottom across?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

HAHA ! Steele ? Weak as p**s. Fall off the tram after the " Three Crowns "

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Arguably the greatest non football thread ever posted on this forum.

Tell Flynn that half of these joints have shut down, so we'll be having 2 x pots in each pub.

Back