Preview Rd 2. Sydney Swans vs Adelaide Crows at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a joke tbh. Marker can do nought while the kicker runs around and takes the kick from right on the mark, but 3 meters to the side; by the time they are waved on it's far too late. I think Brereton said - From a mark there is effectively 18 v 17 now.

But you're right if this rule stays Bud could kick 100.
I'm not 100% sure. Bud has such a big arc that I was thinking the ump will call play on almost immediately and the man on the mark will rush to smother. Be interesting to see if it plays to Bud's advantage or not.

Just when I thought Reid bashing was out, they pull him back in.

well i have a specific issue with sam reid.

i was a 17 and standing out the front of my local coles and trying to get someone to buy me beer for an 18th that night. i wanted 10 vic cans, they had on special for 25 bucks or something if you get 10. so this guy who looks familiar says ok, i give him 50 and he goes in, i wait around the corner. he comes back and gives me my cans and starts to walk away. im wondering where my change is so i yell after him give me my change and he tells me to get f***ed and gets in his car and drives off.

so im watching sydney the next day and theres this bloke spudding it up, dropping marks, shirking contests, couldnt hit a barn if he was standing in it. he looks familiar and i realise it was sam reid who kept my 25 change.

i rang the club on monday when they opened to complain about my change and they said they would speak to him but i dont think they did because he was picked again the next week

i was a 17 and standing out the front of my local coles and trying to get someone to buy me beer for an 18th that night. i wanted 10 vic cans, they had on special for 25 bucks or something if you get 10. so this guy who looks familiar says ok, i give him 50 and he goes in, i wait around the corner. he comes back and gives me my cans and starts to walk away. im wondering where my change is so i yell after him give me my change and he tells me to get f***ed and gets in his car and drives off.

so im watching sydney the next day and theres this bloke spudding it up, dropping marks, shirking contests, couldnt hit a barn if he was standing in it. he looks familiar and i realise it was sam reid who kept my 25 change.

i rang the club on monday when they opened to complain about my change and they said they would speak to him but i dont think they did because he was picked again the next week
Are you sure it wasn't Christian Porter? He's got form.

One of the more weird posts I’ve seen.

I'm not 100% sure. Bud has such a big arc that I was thinking the ump will call play on almost immediately and the man on the mark will rush to smother. Be interesting to see if it plays to Bud's advantage or not.

He certainly used to, but I reckon he straightened himself up over the last few years, if you check out 2019 highlights the run in is much straighter than it used to be for the most part.

Wow, the EXACT same thing happened to me!

Round 1. Tex has a big influence on the Crows when he plays well. Adelaide had home ground advantage, the Cats' preseason started late and the Cats were probably complacent as they started poorly.

Crows have played us twice at the SCG since we beat them at our home in 2016. In one of those games Rohan was our only mutiple goal kicker. The other game only Buddy & Hayward kicked more than one goal.

We're not likely to be complacent this week with Adelaide knocking off Geelong. We have multiple options to goal and if we bring in Buddy too their defence could struggle. If Bud's ready we should bring him in IMO. Crows will put more focus on Gulden and McDonald than Brisbane did. Buddy may be just the ticket to relieve the pressure. Buddy in any form is dangerous around goal.

I'd be tempted to play McDonald out of the square and let Buddy roam further up field, unless he tires. It'll be easier on his legs than lots of short sprints. If at least a couple of Crows players aren't prepared to run with him he'll get the ball over the back in most one on one contests, either turn and kick long goals or pick off targets inside 50. McDonald's going to be hard to stop if he's got Buddy and Gulden hitting him lace out.

i hope the players aren't as complacent as some on this board seem to be ... as gloriously good as we were saturday night, there's no one this young team should be taking for granted, not even north ... every game, every quarter, every play demands focus and effort, that's how the potential will be realised, not wasted ... being young and inexperienced, they'll have lapses but they set themselves a benchmark against brisbane ...
but certainly can't just dismiss adelaide because a few fans don't "rate" them ...

Is the suggestion that McVeigh is doing a better job of it than Steve Johnson was? I find Johnson leaving very interesting - wonder what the story was there.
Hell yeah. I really do not want to bag Stevie J so I won't. McVeigh is highly organised, providing specific researched systems and patterns for players to learn and apply. Under McVeigh young players can grow and be taught how to maximise their contribution. In addition McVeigh is a person who commands respect and is a wonderful leader and mentor. These are not my sentiments but are what current swans players have told me when I asked them if they liked McVeigh.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't believe you were treated this way ... at least the club should've reached out, offered you counselling ... must hurt every time you see reid on the field, footballers just think they're untouchable ... at least he's not No 25, that would be just rubbing it in ...

It's a joke tbh. Marker can do nought while the kicker runs around and takes the kick from right on the mark, but 3 meters to the side; by the time they are waved on it's far too late. I think Brereton said - From a mark there is effectively 18 v 17 now.

But you're right if this rule stays Bud could kick 100.
Man on the mark should be allowed to have lateral movement from set shots only , would also have the time-wasting set shots that turn to passes rethought as well.

I took VB stubbies to a friend's BBQ a few weeks back.

My wife was mortified.

And yet which beer do you think was consumed first? That's right - the VB.

The image-conscious don't care to admit it, but its a fine drop, except when served warm in a plastic cup at the cricket.

Actually, scratch that - its far better than the mid-strength stuff that is on offer at the cricket these days.

I've never met anyone who enjoys VB who wasn't taking the piss.

Piss tastes better too.

And yet which beer do you think was consumed first? That's right - the VB.

The image-conscious don't care to admit it, but its a fine drop, except when served warm in a plastic cup at the cricket.
Undrinkable.

Actually, scratch that - its far better than the mid-strength stuff that is on offer at the cricket these days.
With you on that.

If VB was a footballer...
It would be Richard Tambling

Have you got more stories like this? Start your own thread!! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back