Fixture 2024 fixture - first game away to GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda requested that fixture. I haven't read anything which suggests we've requested to play the Dogs at Marvel.

If we're required to play at Marvel, it should be reserved for interstate sides.
Really what difference does it make? If we have to play a certain amount of games at Marvel, who cares who we play. We beat Doggies there last year, but lost to Lions...

Really what difference does it make? If we have to play a certain amount of games at Marvel, who cares who we play. We beat Doggies there last year, but lost to Lions...
As a Pies fan, I'd like to think that the club is seeking to gain or maximise every advantage we have, regardless of how small it might be (or is perceived to be), and minimise every disadvantage as much as possible.

We dont play a game in melb for a month after the st kilda game. As then we have the gabba, gather round, then the bye
Yes, that's probably the thing that pisses me off about our fixture ...only 2 games in Victoria from 15/3 until 20/4.

As a Pies fan, I'd like to think that the club is seeking to gain or maximise every advantage we have, regardless of how small it might be (or is perceived to be), and minimise every disadvantage as much as possible.
But if we lost to an interstate side at Marvel last year, but beat Doggies at Marvel, I'd say it is more of an advantage to be playing the Doggies there...

The AFL site says we have the 2nd hardest draw but it genuinely doesn't seem that bad to me. 2023 looked worse on paper.

We had to get 2-3 of the top 5 anyway and we didn't have to have anyone from the bottom 6 but we've got the Hawks.

Brisbane, Melbourne, Carlton from the top 6
Sydney & Essendon from the middle 6
Hawthorn from the bottom 6

The start is tough - we play 6 of the 7 other finalists by Round 8.

We travel in Rounds 0, 3, 4, 11, 16 & 22. So half the travel done by Round 4 following which we get a bye to recover. Only 1 game of the last 8 away from the MCG.

Byes in Round 5 and 15 (& after 24) help keep our old list fresh.

But if we lost to an interstate side at Marvel last year, but beat Doggies at Marvel, I'd say it is more of an advantage to be playing the Doggies there...
Despite the interstate side we played there finishing 2nd and being runners-up, as opposed to a side that missed the finals and lost to West Coast at Marvel.

I'd say you're cherry-picking results without applying the necessary context.

Despite the interstate side we played there finishing 2nd and being runners-up, as opposed to a side that missed the finals and lost to West Coast at Marvel.

I'd say you're cherry-picking results without applying the necessary context.
I don't get why it is a disadvantage to be playing Doggies at Marvel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back