List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I just don't see how it's even legal to do it.

Surely there's grounds for him to get a lawyer and sue them for harassment. Can't pick up a paper without seeing his face plastered all over it. Just like tabloid gossip magazines get sued, so should The West. At the very least, the amount of articles they write about him should be capped.

This is all before he plays a poor game as well, gee whiz.
I'm sure one of the 185 lawyers that post on this board could help him with that

ATG - I think everyone who watches footy understands how the change in rules has affected Gaff in particular which obviously makes him vulnerable come selection time.
Do you think he will be best 22 this season? Will the inside mid experiment be ceased?

He was often unable to kick 40 metre which makes me think he was carrying a serious injury. Will this year look like the old or the last 2 years of Gaff.

What positions options does he have? Otherwise I fear his only option is Eagles wing or WAFL wing and based on last year and your pumping up of Chesser, I sense more WAFL time

View attachment 1861961

The above is not normal

Consider that Harley Reid is still just 18 years old

Yes there is interest in Reid from Eagles supporters but the absolute garbage being churned out is way over the top
Everytime I open Facebook they have a new article about him, yesterday there was three different ones.

Harley buys a coffee - how does he like WA coffee compared to Victoria? Find out more...

Harley takes a dump, after drinking coffee. Learn more of how it went.

Harley talks to other players on training track. Find out what he said.

Everytime I open Facebook they have a new article about him, yesterday there was three different ones.

Harley buys a coffee - how does he like WA coffee compared to Victoria? Find out more...

Harley takes a dump, after drinking coffee. Learn more of how it went.

Harley talks to other players on training track. Find out what he said.
Well that answered the coffee question

There are multiole indicators that he's likely gettable.

Dogs with academy player JUH and multiple tall father sons coming in over the past couple of years has the Dogs overloaded with quality talls. Darcy looks like going into defense as they dont have room to play JUH, Naughton, Croft and a resting ruck in the forward half.

Their salary cap will be stuffed after JUH, Naughton and Engish re-signing.

So he's out of contract, behind a long list of talls waiting for opportunities and we can offer a longer contract for more miney. And game time. We also need a Gov replacement.

Pretty clear why we feel he's on our radar in a big way.
Jeez, he needs to play some good footy this year though. Otherwise this forums going to burn 1000 pages of arguments on whether he is worth it, just like we did for Dev

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure one of the 185 lawyers that post on this board could help him with that
As a currently unemployed lawyer, with little to no experience in the field, I thought it was vital that I put it on the record that I'm a lawyer weigh in.

Ya can't. More technically, the potential plaintiff being a teenage footballer is a catch all defence under the 2008 'Track-Watchers' amendment to the Defamation Act.

So rest easy freaks.

As a currently unemployed lawyer, with little to no experience in the field, I thought it was vital that I put it on the record that I'm a lawyer weigh in.

Ya can't. More technically, the potential plaintiff being a teenage footballer is a catch all defence under the 2008 'Track-Watchers' amendment to the Defamation Act.

So rest easy freaks.
Look, I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on TV but I can assure you that any attempts to sue are destined to fail on the basis of the West being satire. Very, very committed satire.

images

Last edited:
Look, I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on TV but I can assure you that any attempts to sure are destined to fail on the basis of the West being satire. Very, very committed satire.

images
Editor of The West Australian here 👋. I thought I should weigh in.

You may not think what we do is valuable, but let me tell you this - we are the thin papered line that holds power to account and satire is the sword which pierces the darkness.

When my sub-editor came to be with 'Harleywood', I gave pause because I knew it had the potential to rock the very foundations of power.

But you know what? We published. And now we're up for a Walkley, a Grammy and an Aaron Sorkin biopic. That's journalism, that's the power of the News.

Editor of The West Australian here 👋. I thought I should weigh in.

You may not think what we do is valuable, but let me tell you this - we are the thin papered line that holds power to account and satire is the sword which pierces the darkness.

When my sub-editor came to be with 'Harleywood', I gave pause because I knew it had the potential to rock the very foundations of power.

But you know what? We published. And now we're up for a Walkley, a Grammy and an Aaron Sorkin biopic. That's journalism, that's the power of the News.

bGU

I would suggest Reid, Jamieson and Barnett are the only ones with a combination of 2 out of the three abilities required to play as a successful KPD. Agility, play reading ability and speed.

Livingstone is a FF and maybe part time ruck if he's going to make it. Jack Williams is a CHF who can ruck a bit but is also lacking in athletic ability so not sure he can go back.

I would suggest Reid, Jamieson and Barnett are the only ones with a combination of 2 out of the three abilities required to play as a successful KPD. Agility, play reading ability and speed.

Livingstone is a FF and maybe part time ruck if he's going to make it. Jack Williams is a CHF who can ruck a bit but is also lacking in athletic ability so not sure he can go back.
Let's try Reid up forward first. Probably same with Barnett but I recon he'd make a great CHB too.

CJ to trial as a FB for mine

Really want to see if Jamieson has what it takes down back, hopefully he's grown into his body now and I reckon he could make a good go at it.

I don't get why people think Busslinger is gettable

Let alone for a R2 pick.

He's only been at the Dogs 1 year and they're not stocked with KPDs.
They have a heap of young top key position players. Money will be an issue too. Rd2 pick? Probably will come down to where we finish. Get the spoon and you can play unders due to PSD

Really want to see if Jamieson has what it takes down back, hopefully he's grown into his body now and I reckon he could make a good go at it.

I suspect he's too sluggish over the first 20m for most of the athletic forwards nowadays but worth a shot trialling him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back