Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Schache, unbelievable that they picked him before Grundy.
Goody must have been on the “good” gear again.

8atgof.jpg

Player 8 - Brodie Grundy
19MeAd23GD041240245.jpg

Pictured: If a podcast about coffee magically took human form

Hates: Brayden Preuss the careers advisor

Brodie Grundy is a failed AFL experiment much like AFLX, Wayne Carey's redemption arc and the Gold Coast Suns.

A few years ago (i.e. pre Covid lockdown) Brodie Grundy was one of the best players in the competition and there was a long and hard debate about whether he or Max Gawn was the best ruck in the competition. You all remember lockdown don't you? Stuck inside with no social life, which Bay 13 regulars... oh, nevermind.

Anyway Collingwood decided to hand him a huge contract and then suffered buyer's remorse. As Darcy Cameron provides 90% of the output for 30% of the cost, Grundy was put up for trade and someone at Melbourne (presumably their Supercoach consultant) decided getting him into the Melbourne line up was a good idea.

Sometimes, two of the thing you like just makes everything better. 2 beers are better than one. 2 Public holidays are better than one. Lesbian pr0n.
Brodie and Max just didn't work. As two players who are both no 1 rucks, Max is kind of ok resting forward while Brodie is kind of ok at watching Max rest forward. Brodie ended up playing 17 games and was decent whenever Max was out of the side, but Melbourne are a better side with Max Gawn playing. So Brodie went and became the highest paid VFL player this year for a few weeks and was eventually left out of the last 2 rounds of the season and from Melbourne's finals teams, forcing him to watch the choke(s) from the sideline. When Josh Schache is favoured over you as an emergency, it's time to reconsider your options/career/life.

Of course, Melbourne then described Grundy as a 'required player' which is a phrase you'd want to hear about as much as 'unexpected item in bagging area'. We all know it meant that Melbourne were open to offers and Sydney Swans, desperate for a ruck, obliged. So much like Mofra's social life, Brodie Grundy will have been at 3 clubs in the past 13 clubs with no success to show for it.

Awkward media moment: Carrie Bickmore, taking a break from crying at every story she's ever presented on any form of media ever, invited Grundy onto her radio show just before the Grand Final... having no idea he was no longer playing for Collingwood. This is why you can never trust anyone who "does their own research", people. Brodie and Carrie's co-host Tommy Little seemed to handle it well.

Brodie, good luck next year and if it doesn't go well you'll be fine as Sydney fans will just blame the umpires anyway. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2023.
Expensive Nothing. Won nothing. Not even Moffs worst 50.
Brodie might go down as another highly paid AFL servant achieving at best, mediocracy. But not even a champion meh!
True to form, I expect he will fail at being the being the most most highly paid Mediocrocrat.This award could well rest with the Godees

Brodie might go down as another highly paid AFL servant achieving at best, mediocracy. But not even a champion meh!
True to form, I expect he will fail at being the being the most most highly paid Mediocrocrat.This award could well rest with the Godees
If this is another Phil Joke, I don't get it

He was definitely a legitimate gun in 2018 and 2019. Much better than mediocre.

But totally agree the last three years he's been absolute mediocrity.

I'm worried some Swans think they are getting 2019 Grundy and may be somewhat disappointed with 2024 Grundy...

He was definitely a legitimate gun in 2018 and 2019. Much better than mediocre.

But totally agree the last three years he's been absolute mediocrity.

I'm worried some Swans think they are getting 2019 Grundy and may be somewhat disappointed with 2024 Grundy...
Whatever version you get we'll be paying for it like a pissed bloke at Kittens

Expensive Nothing. Won nothing.
Reminds me of the hotline that was set up for grieving North Melbourne fans during their 20 match losing streak this year. It was 1800 101010. That's 1800 won nothing won nothing won nothing.

Reminds me of the hotline that was set up for grieving North Melbourne fans during their 20 match losing streak this year. It was 1800 101010. That's 1800 won nothing won nothing won nothing.

North have nothing on the Detriot Pistons and their historically bad 29 game losing streak :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two tanking teams. So much in common.

Pistons ain't tanking though. That's what makes their losing streak all the more pitiful. I definitely agree with you that Norf tanked last season. I can easily see them coming up of the bottom 4 if they have a good run of injuries (weak backline not withstanding)

Pistons ain't tanking though. That's what makes their losing streak all the more pitiful. I definitely agree with you that Norf tanked last season. I can easily see them coming up of the bottom 4 if they have a good run of injuries (weak backline not withstanding)
I don't follow NBA enough but my understanding is that they are tanking. They cleared out talented experienced veterans and brought in about a million centres. Surprisingly similar to North bringing in a million mids. But I don't follow NBA anywhere near closely enough to say anything genuinely intelligent about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back