Autopsy The not even The Bont, Libbas and Jones' heroics can drag us over the line against the cats thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am yet to catch up with the consensus opinion but my view is that while we were a chance late to take the 4 points, the margin flattered us a little in the end, we need to look at our problems with the opposition's defensive rebounds. A few of our players are also a bit light on and get brushed aside a bit too often. But we need to keep getting games into some of the younger players. It is the only way forward.

Stengle review was the correct decision. Why are people complaining about it?
Because a proper high framerate camera in slow motion likely shows he actually controls the mark behind the line despite his hands initially making contact in front of it.

Due to the AFL's lack of spending in the area, we are left with a recycled broadcast feed slowed down, which gives us two frames in slow motion. That is not a good enough review system to overturn an on-field decision in that situation.

How do we close that gap Scrag? Dogs played so well tonight, or at least our best players did! I still don’t get how we can go with 3 key talls ( Darcy, Astro & JUH) yet our defence is undersized. Individually we played so well tonight. Did we lose because of talent? I don’t think so.

Need Chris Scott to retire or Bevo to be sacked to ever close that gap.

We were on top for most of the game against a team that is now 4-0. If a dodgy review decision doesn’t go against us we win.

That was a good performance from us, Geelong have often showed how they’re much better than us, tonight was a lot closer and much more hard fought.

Should be able to take positives out of the performance even if the result wasn’t there.
Fine I’ll bite. I hate myself for this.

On top for most of the game. How so? Is there a metric the rest of us are missing?

IMG_3161.jpeg

So envious of the way Geelong defend. Everytime Richards, Dale and JJ got the footy there was just morning to go to but a sea of Geelong players.

Very worried about Dale. Been crap almost every game.

Need to figure out what we’re doin with Daniel and Macrae. Can’t let this elite afl talent just not be used properly.

You have to take your hat off to Geelong to be able to play at that level despite the 5 day break is pretty remarkable. Even under good pressure, they rarely made a mistake all night. Every kick and handball was perfect. Even we were pretty clean with our ball use.

They play at such a high level year in year out and just never seem to drop off and rarely play a bad game. Yes, the dogs would be disappointed to lose, but what can you do? Everyone played their hearts out tonight

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Buku Khamis deserves some praise for his performance,

He’s been super solid so far this season, great to see.

First half was good. Looked lost at times in the second. Also had a couple of very weak efforts allowing oppo players to
move the ball forward with no pressure when it was there to apply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to understand how we go forward we are always outmanned 1 on 2, 1 on 3, 2 on 3, but it’s always even numbers the other way. That’s gameplan and coaching. Pretty difficult for our key forwards to shine when they are hamstrung by a shit system that does not favour them…

Naughton is an overpaid glory towner. Our mid tier is terrible compared to other teams but everyone will blame VDM. If you do that you have no idea.

We tried, we gave it a real crack, we played our hearts out...

We lost.

Thought we had got rid of the near enough mindset, guess not. We should be expecting better. Demanding better. Coaches and players.

I want to understand how we go forward we are always outmanned 1 on 2, 1 on 3, 2 on 3, but it’s always even numbers the other way. That’s gameplan and coaching. Pretty difficult for our key forwards to shine when they are hamstrung by a s**t system that does not favour them…
If we simply copied carlton or Collingwood setup we would be making finals.

Huh?
I'd put Hawkins and Cameron ahead of McKay and Curnow as the best KPF duo in the comp and they have the best defender in the game right now too, and the best HF in the comp.
They're stacked and they're undefeated for a reason.
Hawkins, Cameron and Stewart are all great players who look even better because of how well the systems they work in function.

Below that they are made up of mainly role players who are used in a way that allows them to use their best attributes and not expose their worst. That is something Bevo has never been capable of doing.

Stanley, Bruhn, Parfit, Bowes and Clarke were Geelongs top 5 cba attendees. That is a bottom 4 midfield in the comp. Yet somehow that group scored multiple goals straight out of stoppage because, again, Bevo has never been able to solve that problem.

I agree they’re a good side, but they’re not undefeated because of top end talent, they’re undefeated because
1. Chris Scott is the best game day tactical coach in the game
2. They’ve played three (maybe four) sides who look very unlikely to make finals.

I want to understand how we go forward we are always outmanned 1 on 2, 1 on 3, 2 on 3, but it’s always even numbers the other way. That’s gameplan and coaching. Pretty difficult for our key forwards to shine when they are hamstrung by a s**t system that does not favour them…
We roll one of our forwards up as an extra midfielder.

bevo used to be really confident in his pressers, these days I feel like he just waffles and doesn’t actually know what to say. He’s genuinely out of ideas.

Fine I’ll bite. I hate myself for this.

On top for most of the game. How so? Is there a metric the rest of us are missing?

View attachment 1952306

Because football is played on a oval not on a worm score chart.

We missed chances, had bad entries and turned the ball over a bit too much but I genuinely think we had the better play throughout the game.

Geelong were way more crisp and effective but I believe if we took our chances we could have walked away with a relatively comfortable win.

That’s just my opinion though, can see why people would think otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back