Preview Rd 7 Geelong V Carlton Sat April 27 435 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guthrie straight back in is a big gamble. Not one i would have taken but anyway. Also that bench doesnt have an obvious sub i cant imagine parfitt will be tactically, bowes played well last week. Maybe duncan is sub?although that surprises me with stewart out.

I wouldnt have picked tuohy either tbh.

All the possible options to come in and we end up going with the most obvious ones.

Touhy for Stewart
Guthrie for Clark
Stanley for Conway

Surely Bowes is no shot to be sub... Maybe Parf will come on when Guthrie is cooked.

Can we confirm the sub 100% must come from a player named on the interchange?

On form it better not be Parfitt or Bowes
Excluding Atkins means I suggest you subscribe to SEN on Youtube. Champion Data guru Daniel Hoyne went into detail on us during the week. Praising Atkins move to HBF when Stewart got subbed.

Excluding Atkins means I suggest you subscribe to SEN on Youtube. Champion Data guru Daniel Hoyne went into detail on us during the week. Praising Atkins move to HBF when Stewart got subbed.
Listened to it and it was great. I still wouldn't sub Parfitt or Bowes.

Duncan or Tuohy for me

Except that Atkins started in defence last week

It was Bowes who was moved to the HBF when Stewart went off

All the possible options to come in and we end up going with the most obvious ones.

Touhy for Stewart
Guthrie for Clark
Stanley for Conway

Surely Bowes is no shot to be sub... Maybe Parf will come on when Guthrie is cooked.

Can we confirm the sub 100% must come from a player named on the interchange?
It doesnt have to come from the bench can be any player named

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MOC or Dempsey has to be the sub, nobody else can be justified given form. Certainly not some of the names suggested in this thread so far. Come on, Atkins, Bowes or Parfitt sub? Some of you need to take a breath.

Would rather have seen Dempsey dropped for Rohan as the sub. Dempsey will be good for us, but as with many young players, his consistency isnt there yet. Dempsey hasnt done enough for me yet to deny Rohan the chance to win his spot back, and given his form in the VFL, he should've been played this week.

Also cant see how MOC holds his spot once Stewart comes back, assuming they elect to keep 2E in, which i imagine they will.

MOC or Dempsey has to be the sub, nobody else can be justified given form. Certainly not some of the names suggested in this thread so far. Come on, Atkins, Bowes or Parfitt sub? Some of you need to take a breath.

Would rather have seen Dempsey dropped for Rohan as the sub. Dempsey will be good for us, but as with many young players, his consistency isnt there yet. Dempsey hasnt done enough for me yet to deny Rohan the chance to win his spot back, and given his form in the VFL, he should've been played this week.

Also cant see how MOC holds his spot once Stewart comes back, assuming they elect to keep 2E in, which i imagine they will.
MOC has been great this year no way he gets dropped

In: Cameron Guthrie, Rhys Stanley, Zach Tuohy

Out: Tom Stewart (concussion), Toby Conway (omitted), Jhye Clark (omitted)
Kudos to CHAWKTS for calling C.Guth straight in. 👏

Listened to it and it was great. I still wouldn't sub Parfitt or Bowes.

Duncan or Tuohy for me
I wouldn't be picking a medium defender/wing like Tuohy with Stewart out.
Would want a good kick like Duncan playing as well.

Round 6

Geelong v Carlton
MCG, Melbourne
4.35pm Saturday 27 April

In: Cameron Guthrie, Rhys Stanley, Zach Tuohy
Out: Tom Stewart (concussion), Toby Conway (omitted), Jhye Clark (omitted)
Milestone: Sam De Koning – 50 AFL Games

BacksZach GuthrieSam De KoningJake Kolodjashnij
Half BacksZach TuohyJack HenryMax Holmes
CentrelineMark O’ConnorPatrick DangerfieldMark Blicavs
Half ForwardsBrad CloseJeremy CameronGryan Miers
ForwardsTyson StengleTom HawkinsOllie Henry
FollowersRhys StanleyCameron GuthrieTanner Bruhn
InterchangeOllie DempseyBrandan ParfittJack Bowes
Tom AtkinsMitch Duncan
EmergenciesShannon NealeJhye ClarkToby Conway

People can squabble over the sub, and who makes way for Stewart next week, but that is a mighty fine team. Certainly the best we have put on the park since the 22 GF. Purring along.

Can’t believe there’s still some questioning MOC’s spot in the side.

Can’t believe there’s still some questioning MOC’s spot in the side.

With our depth and players like Rohan to come in? Why wouldnt you? What are you going to do, drop one of Dempsey, Atkins, Parfitt or Bowes? Or maybe we deny Clark the game time just to keep a plodder in the seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back