Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got Hayward marked down as pretty much ours right now.
It's who else we get I reckon.

Perryman?
McCluggage?
Oliver?

I don’t see it being McCluggage or Oliver - but we can hope.

Would like Perryman - tough, a bit in the mould of Maynard from Collingwood. I think would be a good fit

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t see it being McCluggage or Oliver - but we can hope.

Would like Perryman - tough, a bit in the mould of Maynard from Collingwood. I think would be a good fit

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If we can't get a top end mid, then Hayward and Perryman as fa's would make sense. Then try and trade up in the draft to get the best mid we can along with Welsh and Michalanney. Would represent a very nice end of season haul.

If we can't get a top end mid, then Hayward and Perryman as fa's would make sense. Then try and trade up in the draft to get the best mid we can along with Welsh and Michalanney. Would represent a very nice end of season haul.
Yeah have to remember we will be able to recruit in 2025, 2026, 2027 etc and with a very young group unless we lose players to other clubs will only get better.

If you look at 2027 as the earliest list peak the following players and moves would have us well on track to being a top side.

Curtin, Thilthorpe, Rachele, Pedlar, Edwards, Dawson, Soligo, Michalanney, Hinge, Ryan, Rankine, Worrell, Nankervis, Murray, Fogarty, Keane

Plus possible in Jones, Keays, Berry, Crouch, Cook, Schoenberg, Dowling, Obrien, Milera

2024 offseason
Perryman, Hayward, Welsh, 1st round mid

2025 offseason
Midfielder free agent or trade for Lukosius
Trade for a ruck

2026 offseason
Free agent Lukosius or Midfielder

2027 side
FB: Worrell ~ Murray ~ Perryman
HB: Ryan ~ Keane ~ Michalanney
C: Curtin ~ Soligo ~ Dawson
R: Ruck ~ Free agent ~ Rachele
HF: Rankine ~ Thilthorpe ~ Lukosius
FF: Welsh ~ Fogarty ~ Hayward
B: Pedlar ~ Edwards ~ Ryan ~ 1st Round mid
S: Nankervis

Lukosius isn't exactly proven either as a forward. He's no more proven than Fogarty.
And Thilthorpe I would back more than Jack to become a gun KPF.

He'd cost at least a first and a second.
I doubt Luko fetches anything like that.

We wouldn't pay the equivalent of Rankine & Dawson.

Agree though probably too much given our needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t be shocked though
I would as would be Gibbs like level stupid.

Why would you think we would contemplate paying as much for Luko as Rankine & Dawson combined?

Depends if GC see him and his contract as ‘required’

A small part of me says they might not, but that’s IMO still a pretty unlikely outcome
Yep, we would only get involved if Suns want him to leave.

Because they’ll need to as he’s contracted. I reckon they’ll be seduced by bringing him home and will have to get the deal done.

That’s all assuming we want him.
We don't for that price!!

Kane neither of us know what the club are thinking
I'm confident the club are not that stupid.

Why would we pay more than recent trades for a worse player?

It's not happening on those terms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back