Player Watch #1: Hugh Greenwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Hughie did a pretty good job of neutralising Harris Andrews as a serious threat
Got plenty of help from our midfield to keep the ball down the other end.

Just an absolute joke that he is not playing and that Clarko uses the ..we are young that's why we lost so badly..line.

Well Clarko he's a thought - play Greenwood instead of Sleevo and that adds an immediate 3 goals saved through Greenwood's sheer defensive effort.

We would therefore only lose by 5 goals rather than 8. At least its a start though and we have to start somewhere.

Why is he on the outer?
This is my worry with Clarkson. Things like Sleevo back in, Pink sub, this guy not picked.

Why?

Why is he on the outer?
This is my worry with Clarkson. Things like Sleevo back in, Pink sub, this guy not picked.

Why?
pretty obvious he is a depth option, i suspect the coaches are far from convinced on a number of the players that are being selected in the ones going forward and simply wasn't to see as much of them/give them opportunity before some decisions are made, this was obvious playing CCJ for a block of games. development is undoubtedly a higher pririty atm that pinching a win/ nobles nourishment style, clarko effectively admitted it when he was talking about playing wardlaw in the guts against lauchie neal in the brisbane game,

regarding slevo i would imagine he effectively stamped his own papers on the weekend by serving up that after being dropped.

Varying opinions on Hugh on here, however this is exactly why we need him at the club.

2x South Australians
1x Western Australian
2x VIC Country

Making these guys feel comfortable being away from home, is a critical part of our future. Notice how none of these boys appear to get an invite to Bulls Cooking?

Love to see it and credit to HG for really stepping up in this area which has been a big gap at our footy club.

IMG_7212.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Varying opinions on Hugh on here, however this is exactly why we need him at the club.

2x South Australians
1x Western Australian
2x VIC Country

Making these guys feel comfortable being away from home, is a critical part of our future. Notice how none of these boys appear to get an invite to Bulls Cooking?

Love to see it and credit to HG for really stepping up in this area which has been a big gap at our footy club.

View attachment 1993037
AFL has passed him by, but you’d love to see him involved in some description in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back