Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

aiming gwyneth paltrow GIF

Seems to be trying too hard to recapture form. The drop off has been dramatic. He looks as if he is 2nd guessing everything he does.
Only seen 1 other massive drop off that's similar and that was Shane Edwards

Seems to be trying too hard to recapture form. The drop off has been dramatic. He looks as if he is 2nd guessing everything he does.
Only seen 1 other massive drop off that's similar and that was Shane Edwards
Father Time hit Shedda.. lost his pace..

Short just a full panic merchant, no excuse

He’s the first guy I’d be trading out at seasons end
If you want to build culture in a new playing group, he’s the last guy you want lingering around, picking up cheap kicks and demanding the younger players give him an easy stat
He’s absolutely 100% checked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone calling him to be dropped I 100% agree with you but we literally can't as it stands.
We already have likely two forced changes through Lefau and Mansell. I'm assuming Bauer and Baker come in.
I don't think we can realistically drop anyone...

Broad hasn't done a good thing all year, at least short can use the ball.

Broad should retire or be delisted at the end of the season
Short is running around the back getting cheapies, and more often than not butchering it by foot.

Absolutely zero pressure on his opponent, probably expecting teammates to pick up the slack in that regard.

Granted Broad hasn’t been great , and I agree it’s time to move on and play Tresize, Bauer, Smith etc, but he is defending.

Short needs to look at how Rioli is defending and taking on the game offensively, and see if he can at least try and turn it around for the remainder of the year. His team needs him and he’s giving nothing

Broad is at least still defending. Short steps refuses to put any sort of defensive pressure on an opponent.
That's unfair. His opponent looked genuinely worried that he'd land on him when he came down from the mark while Short was lying on the ground again.

I'll always love Shorty but he has had a year that is symbolic of the team.

I'm definitely on the trade bait bandwagon for Short now, at first, I didn't like it, but he is horrible now idk what is wrong with him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back