Player Watch #19: Griffin 'Gus the Goose-stepper’ Logue - recovering well from ACL injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Rank our backmen;
1. Logue - injured
2. Dawson - injured
3. Goater - injured
4. Bergman - just back from injury
Considering talls and general defenders when not injured and playing in reasonable form (by their standards) I would go:

1 Logue
2 Comben
3 K Dawson
4 Goater
5 Corr
6 McDonald
7 Bergman
8 Archer
9 Pink
10 Hardeman
11 Nyuon
12 W Dawson (given he is yet to debut)

Excluding the likes of Fisher McKercher and Sheezel as their main role is to run and carry or distribute.

Considering talls and general defenders when not injured and playing in reasonable form (by their standards) I would go:

1 Logue
2 Comben
3 K Dawson
4 Goater
5 Corr
6 McDonald
7 Bergman
8 Archer
9 Pink
10 Hardeman
11 Nyuon
12 W Dawson (given he is yet to debut)

Excluding the likes of Fisher McKercher and Sheezel as their main role is to run and carry or distribute.
Now I don’t subscribe to the theory that your captain has to be your best player, but how in hell is ours 6th best (which is generous) in his position? And we are last.

Key defender Griffin Logue's return has been slightly delayed due to a minor hamstring complaint.

Logue has been tracking well with his knee rehabilitation, but the significant workload led to a minor strain for the backman.

"He is currently recovering from that (strain), but it will delay his return to play slightly with some testing and end-stage work still to complete for his knee once his hamstring has settled," North Melbourne head physiotherapist Brenton Egglestone told NMFC Media.

Pretty normal. Will probably set him back 2-4 weeks.

Can’t get this bloke back quick enough. One of our best pick ups in yrs, so of course he gets a long term injury. We do need to be precautionary with The Log though so we need to make sure he is 100% before a return.

Replace him temporarily with Archer senior. Mightn't last too long in a game, but by golly there would be a few opposition blokes quaking in their boots when the great man arrived from behind to contest a ball.
............or get choppy back for a few games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said 6-7 weeks off which was as standard, so I guess we add another 2-4 to that
May as well write 2024 off for him. We'll be lucky to get a handful of senior games at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back