Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

After the last two posts, I think I need cheering up so, (adopting my best EON FM DJ Voice) … Here’s my “Ain't it good to be alive TRIPLE PLAY!”

“My head, my heart, my soul is on fire.”

Last edited:
It is very sad that such a shining light has stepped off his mortal coil.
Thankful for what he brought to the world.
The interview referred to in the obituary.

Last edited:

In terms of feeling ALIVE - this song really resonates with me. It summons up a heady mix of personal memories and feelings. The stridency and assertion of ‘self’ never fails to lift my mood.

“Baddonk”

“My life is a valuable thing
I want to keep it that way…”

I try to read a book a week. Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I recall a lot about what I've read. Other times it goes in through my eyes and out into the ether. And there are times where I feel like the Mark Williams character here.

But this week I have been reading this.

1000010901.jpg

And I wish I had known a lot more about it 15 years ago when Mrs m started displaying signs of premenopause. This is a great book and one that I've learnt a lot from. If only.......

No. No regrets. I'm on the journey to do better today. And I'll worry about tomorrow when it turns up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the first time, but it it won't be the last that I post this song. It'll always remind me of them supporting the Dead Kennedys at the Sydney Trade Union Club in 82(?). A chaotic night where I came out well and truly spat on, but nowhere near as badly as them.

Fri 22 November 2024

Hoodoo Gurus and Dallas Crane

Saint Kilda, VIC, Australia Palais Theatre

Fri 29 November 2024

Hoodoo Gurus

Rooty Hill, NSW, Australia Sydney Coliseum Theatre

Sat 30 November 2024

Hoodoo Gurus

Newtown, NSW, Australia Enmore Theatre

There you go. Once again the RZSS summons something up just by mentioning it. First Mr. Squiggle and now these shows.

The band will play Stoneage Romeos in it’s entirety and then songs from the rest of their repertoire.

I’m going to be away in November and December, but I know plenty of people who will be keen to go.

From Fb friend Mark Mordue who wrote 'Boy on Fire' the below.
You have to be a subscriber unfortunately to read the complete piece.
Mark is working on his second installment of Nick Cave's biography which charts the years from when he left Aust to go to Eng through to his Sao Paulo years. As the first book took 6 years to write I wouldn't be holding my breath for it to come anytime soon however he has a lot of the research done and now that he seems to have ironed out the creases in his relationship with the subject it will be sooner than not.

From Fb friend Mark Mordue who wrote 'Boy on Fire' the below.
You have to be a subscriber unfortunately to read the complete piece.
Mark is working on his second installment of Nick Cave's biography which charts the years from when he left Aust to go to Eng through to his Sao Paulo years. As the first book took 6 years to write I wouldn't be holding my breath for it to come anytime soon however he has a lot of the research done and now that he seems to have ironed out the creases in his relationship with the subject it will be sooner than not.

The Melbourne show I went to was fantastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back