AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - Out for 6 to 8 weeks after knee surgery - 14/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't played a full game for a month and a half now...its getting concerning for me that all we get is - 'we are managing his loads and he's a week to week proposition'. Hope we see him play again soon...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to turn up day 1 of pre season with full arm tattoo
I would have thought he was more likely to go the Libba road and get a random collection.

Has it been a secret? I seem to recall Brad Scott mentioning it several times, several weeks before he was managed and then several times since. Just because they cant give exact time frame for his return?
why is Drapers hip injury such a big SECRET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How’s it a big secret ? They’ve moreorless said he’ll missed for the next couple. Looks like it’s one of those injuries that doesn’t really have a certain time frame, rather they hope it heals up after a couple of weeks deloading. Not all injuries are clear cut x amount of weeks and you’ll be back.
why is Drapers hip injury such a big SECRET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's sticker sleeve and there's getting tattooed while drunk in Bali. Libba is the latter I'm pretty sure.

Not yet ready for main training, at least 2 more weeks
If not back in 4 I think they will put him on ice til preseason IMO.

Esp if Bryan & Phillips do ok (very much looking forward to this combo)

Sam's had a hip replacement, hasn't he?
It's not out of the question, if I was gonna guess I'd say tendon or abdominal muscle related though.

If it was a tear in the quad/hamstring it would've been strapped and he wouldn't have been playing on it. If it was the actual joint like a fracture or cartilage thing then it wouldn't just heal with rest, you'd need surgery and crutches with a solid timeline for recovery?

200 Plus pod featuring actual Sammy Draper – it doesn't always. This episode came out last night, and features his old man, Essendon-supporting, Soccer-mad Martin Draper. Bit of hip chat at the start but no details except commenting on the footage of him training that has apparently been used a bit on the 6pm news. WAY too much info about foreskins, zips and scar tissue after that so probs just turn it off. :\

WAY too much info about foreskins, zips and scar tissue after that so probs just turn it off. :\
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

It's not out of the question, if I was gonna guess I'd say tendon or abdominal muscle related though.

If it was a tear in the quad/hamstring it would've been strapped and he wouldn't have been playing on it. If it was the actual joint like a fracture or cartilage thing then it wouldn't just heal with rest, you'd need surgery and crutches with a solid timeline for recovery?

200 Plus pod featuring actual Sammy Draper – it doesn't always. This episode came out last night, and features his old man, Essendon-supporting, Soccer-mad Martin Draper. Bit of hip chat at the start but no details except commenting on the footage of him training that has apparently been used a bit on the 6pm news. WAY too much info about foreskins, zips and scar tissue after that so probs just turn it off. :\

The hip wouldn't be a fast recovery. Hard to properly rest it since you basically can't move without using your hips, and they're massively weight bearing.

Could be tendinitis or something like that which simply needs time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back