List Mgmt. 2022 CFC List Changes (Gone: 4, 6, 11, 16, 17, 23, 24, 29, 34, 44)

How many list changes do you think we’ll make? (including Roughead)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunsets and the constant footy cycle wait for no good Collingwood man or woman …

… we have come to that time of the year when we take down a few of the bedroom posters and bid farewell players who have excited, irked, frustrated, befuddled, made us proud, and otherwise entertained us over their employment by the Collingwood Football Club …

931EE0EF-3258-4C48-AC7D-86CB5CEDDEF7.gif

Collingwood have traditionally cut deep at the end of the footy season. A journey through the list changes in recent years:

End of 2017: 6 Changes (Keeffe (d), McCarthy (d), Schade (d), Mackie (d), Sinclair (r), Ramsay (d)) (Excluded Oxley who got re-rookied)

End of 2018: 6 Changes (Fasolo (FA), Blair (d), McLarty (d), Kirby (r), Smith (d), Oxley (d)) (excluding Murray who got re-rookied)

End of 2019: 5 Changes (Goldsack (r), Wells (r), Murray (d), Aish (t), Crocker (d))

End of 2020: 14 Changes (Reid (r), Varcoe (r), Dunn (r) Scharenberg (d), Broomhead (d), Beams (r), Stephenson (t), Bosenavulagi (t), Treloar (t), Philips (t), Appleby (d), Wills (d), Langdon (r), Greenwood (r))

End of 2021: 6 Changes (Mayne (r), Tohill (r), Lynch (t), Thomas (r), Sier (d), Rantall (d)) (Excluded Chugg who was re-rookied)

End of 2022: ? Changes (Roughead (r), Keane (r) …?)

How deep do you think the list changes will be this year? Poll above 👆

Who has worn the black and white stripes for the last time?

By my estimation, the list of uncontracted players on our list are (Please, correct me if I’ve missed any, or listed any by mistake)

Poulter
C.Brown
Chugg
Madgen
DeGoey
McMahon
Henry
T.Brown
Hoskin-Elliott
Kelly

Last edited:
I reckon we will cut deep this year.

We have a new coach who is driving a new culture. Beneath his cuddly exterior Fly strikes me as a ruthless operator who will build his list of winners.

I picked 11, which is nearly all of the list of players without a contract, plus trades of contracted players.

Last edited:

The people I would see gone from the OOC guys (Wilson got another year on the rookie list, FYI). There are others who are OOC who I think we keep (De Goey, Poulter) and there are others who may be traded (Grundy), and there is the whole Henry thing. These are my 5 non-negotiable cut guys though.
OUT: Brown - Brown - Chugg - Madgen - Kelly

These are the 5 ins I would like, to correspond with those 5 outs. 3 seem certain to come here, another is likely (Fiorini) and another is possible (Mitchell).
IN: McStay - Hill - Frampton - Fiorini - Mitchell

Then there's draft picks, which is sort of up in the air depending on trading. Do Grundy and Henry generate first round picks, either this year or future? Do we trade a pick for someone like Mitchell? Do we throw a boat-load of picks at someone like Parish?

So, I'm going to say 7.

My thoughts.

Delist: chugg, brown bros, Kelly, Madge, Wilson (maybe rookie)

Trade: poulter, Grundy, henry
Re-sign: Degoey McMahon, whe (on much less $) unless an offer came.

Additions: seemingly sure things so far are hill, mcstay and frampton.

I hope we grab Mitchell. I fear for adams. Can’t win flags with players like him always on the sidelines

Sunsets and the constant footy cycle wait for no good Collingwood man or woman …

… we have come to that time of the year when we take down a few of the bedroom posters and bid farewell players who have excited, irked, frustrated, befuddled, made us proud, and otherwise entertained us over their employment by the Collingwood Football Club …

View attachment 1511253

Collingwood have traditionally cut deep at the end of the footy season. A journey through the list changes in recent years:

End of 2017: 6 Changes (Keeffe (d), McCarthy (d), Schade (d), Mackie (d), Sinclair (r), Ramsay (d)) (Excluded Oxley who got re-rookied)

End of 2018: 7 Changes (Fasolo (FA), Blair (d), McLarty (d), Kirby (r), Brromhead (d), Smith (d), Oxley (d)) (excluding Murray who got re-rookied)

End of 2019: 6 Changes (Goldsack (r), Wells (r), Murray (d), Aish (t), Dunn (r), Crocker (d))

End of 2020: 14 Changes (Reid (r), Varcoe (r), Dunn (r) Scharenberg (d), Broomhead (d), Beams (r), Stephenson (t), Bosenavulagi (t), Treloar (t), Philips (t), Appleby (d), Wills (d), Langdon (r), Greenwood (r))

End of 2021: 6 Changes (Mayne (r), Tohill (r), Lynch (t), Thomas (r), Sier (d), Rantall (d)) (Excluded Chugg who was re-rookied)

How deep do you think the list changes will be this year? Poll above 👆

By my estimation, the list of uncontracted players on our list are (Please, correct me if I’ve missed any, or listed any by mistake)

Poulter
C.Brown
Chugg
Madgen
DeGoey
McMahon
Henry
T.Brown
Hoskin-Elliott
Kelly

Hey 76, you’ve got Dunn and Broomhead listed twice.

Goooone: Browns, Poulter, Chugg, Madge, WHE and possibly Kelly.
I’d lose Wilson but he’s got another year.
I’m sure there will also be traded contracted players. Possibly Henry and Grundy. I’d keep Grundy but I don’t think Henry is our choice.

Big Roo might be Cat B rookied.

I’m sure there will also be traded contracted players. Possibly Henry and Grundy. I’d keep Grundy but I don’t think Henry is our choice.

I can't see WHE being delisted. Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon there would be a list of suitors for his services if we didn't want to retain him (and I think we certainly will).

I can't see WHE being delisted. Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon there would be a list of suitors for his services if we didn't want to retain him (and I think we certainly will).
He is required for the very fact that he can do the most unexpected things when needed even when having his usual quiet game. Not quite x factorish but close. His two goals were gems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1511253

End of 2018: 6 Changes (Fasolo (FA), Blair (d), McLarty (d), Kirby (r), Smith (d), Oxley (d)) (excluding Murray who got re-rookied)

End of 2019: 5 Changes (Goldsack (r), Wells (r), Murray (d), Aish (t), Crocker (d))

How deep do you think the list changes will be this year? Poll above

Poulter
C.Brown
Chugg
Madgen
DeGoey
McMahon
Henry
T.Brown
Hoskin-Elliott
Kelly

DeGoey, Hoskin-Elliott, McMahon and I reckon Poulter will be retained from that list. And of course Henry I’d he chooses to stay and fight for his spot in the team. I see all of Chugg, C.Brown, T.Brown, Madgen and Kelly will be delisted, along with retirement of Roughead.

So that’s six spots to fill and as as many as eight if Grundy and Henry are both traded.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No way WHE is gone. He played virtually every game this season, including all finals and was a big contributor in the Prelim yesterday. He’s also the best two-way runner in the squad and plays an important role, effectively as a third winger, linking defence and attack.

His continual selection tells me that the coaches really value him in the side, even if you and many other BigFooty posters do not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon we will cut deep this year.

We have a new coach who is driving a new culture. Beneath his cuddly exterior Fly strikes me as a ruthless operator who will build his list of winners.

I picked 11, which is nearly all of the list of players without a contract, plus trades of contracted players.
This is it. It will be a deep cut.

Back