List Mgmt. 2022 CFC List Changes (Gone: 4, 6, 11, 16, 17, 23, 24, 29, 34, 44)

How many list changes do you think we’ll make? (including Roughead)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So, is this how it looks? …

Out: Roughead, In: Carmichael (r)
Out: C.Brown, In: McStay
Out: T.Brown, In: Hill
Out: McMahon, In: Frampton
Out: Grundy, In: Mitchell
Out: Henry, In: Noble
Out: Madgen, In: pick 16
Out: Poulter, In: pick 25
Out: Noble (r), In: pick 27
Out: Chugg (r), In: Rookie draft 16
Out: Keane (rb)

I think we’ll try to fill that vacant RookieB spot. Likely 1 of our NGA kids at a guess.

So, is this how it looks? …

Out: Roughead, In: Carmichael (r)
Out: C.Brown, In: McStay
Out: T.Brown, In: Hill
Out: McMahon, In: Frampton
Out: Grundy, In: Mitchell
Out: Henry, In: Noble
Out: Madgen, In: pick 16
Out: Poulter, In: pick 25
Out: Noble (r), In: pick 27
Out: Chugg (r), In: Rookie draft 16
Out: Keane (rb)
So, as at 1st November 2022, we will have:
27 existing listed senior players
4 new senior players
Total 31

6 Rookies - Noble, Ginni, AJ, Begg, Dean & JC
1 Cat B rookie - Wilson

Plan to upgrade Noble & possibly Ginni.
Add Murley to rookie list (if he’s still available).

Revised figures.
Senior 33
Rookie 5
Cat B 1

4 list spots to fill (plus 1 Cat B)
We either add 4 senior or 3 senior & 1 rookie.
Final list size - 37 5 & 1 (2) or 36 6 & 1 (2)

# I assume the Ginni upgrade is optional, which will influence if we run with 37 & 5 or 36 & 6

4 new senior players
Total 31

1 Cat B rookie - Wilson

Revised figures.
Senior 33
Rookie 5
Cat B 1

# I assume the Ginni upgrade is optional, which will influence if we run with 37 & 5 or 36 & 6

Good stuff!

Out of interest, what are the pros and cons of upgrading Ginni?

I think we have improved the overall strength of our list, despite the departure of Henry and Grundy in particular.

The ruck position is the biggest problem for me. If we enter the season with Cameron, Cox and Begg, I don’t believe we will have the ruck strength to challenge for the flag.

My hope is that we have a cunning plan to draft a mature age ruck in the rookie or pre-season draft.

I think we have improved the overall strength of our list, despite the departure of Henry and Grundy in particular.

The ruck position is the biggest problem for me. If we enter the season with Cameron, Cox and Begg, I don’t believe we will have the ruck strength to challenge for the flag.

My hope is that we have a cunning plan to draft a mature age ruck in the rookie or pre-season draft.
I think the ruck situation is offset by gaining another clearance mid

I think the ruck situation is offset by gaining another clearance mid
To a degree, but I don’t think our current ruck division will be up for the task.
Horribly exposed against Sydney.

4 new senior players
Total 31

1 Cat B rookie - Wilson

Revised figures.
Senior 33
Rookie 5
Cat B 1

If they didn’t upgrade mihocek for years… and let him remain a rookie

I’m not sure they’ll upgrade ginnivan just yet

a DFA or a PSD could be the 4th player… whether senior listed or rookie listed

To a degree, but I don’t think our current ruck division will be up for the task.
Horribly exposed against Sydney.

To be fair they were exposed by a 30 year old journeyman at his fourth club. Or more to the point Cameron was, Cox was fine. There wasn’t a million dollar ruckman to be seen. Can’t see why they couldn’t turn the tables next time we faced them.

We have the ruck strength… maybe not the depth.

Last edited:
To be fair they were exposed by a 30 year journeyman at his fourth club. Or more to the point Cameron was, Cox was fine. There wasn’t a million dollar ruckman to be seen. Can’t see why they couldn’t turn the tables next time we faced them.

We have the ruck strength… maybe not the depth.
My worry is that we don’t have a legitimate first ruck on the list. In my opinion, Cox will have to become that for us to be a chance.

My worry is that we don’t have a legitimate first ruck on the list. In my opinion, Cox will have to become that for us to be a chance.

I don’t see Cameron or Cox as being any less legitimate than hickey or Stanley. Agree Cox should be the one to take the extra step over Cameron, as he offers something different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good stuff!

Out of interest, what are the pros and cons of upgrading Ginni?
I think they will keep Ginni as a rookie…unless they prefer to recruit a rookie ruck.
However, I think they may go down the DFA or Supp list path for another Ruck.
Hence, keep Ginni as a rookie for another year.
It’s the delisting & possible re rookie of Murley that I’m confused.
The only thing I can think of…they prefer to delist him (but cannot as contracted) & are hoping another club picks him up.
There is no obvious advantage in transferring him to the rookie list?
Either way we can still add 4 senior players (via draft & DFA/Supp list).

edit - perhaps some small amount of TPP savings (senior listed v rookie listed)?

Last edited:
I think they will keep Ginni as a rookie…unless they prefer to recruit a rookie ruck.
The only thing I can think of…they prefer to delist him (but cannot as contracted) & are hoping another club picks him up.
Could it have something to do with the need of upgrading Noble to the senior list? Moving Murley to the rookie list keeps an additional senior list spot open for another stab at the draft, supplementary player etc

I think the only “advantage” is a marginal salary cap benefit as the rookie base wage part can be excluded from the cap? The second advantage is opening up a senior list spot. Presumably that’s because we have a target in mind with our fourth pick or a DFA. The third advantage is if another club picks him up, opening up a rookie spot. The fourth advantage ( mainl6 for him) is that he has a year to prove the club wrong.

Don't think it matters. With our style I think McRae will use 3 rucks Wah Wah Frampton in defence Cox/Cameron mid & McStay or should I McGoNow fwd. The pace would be too much for a mid ruck to run the arcs.

I think the only “advantage” is a marginal salary cap benefit as the rookie base wage part can be excluded from the cap? The second advantage is opening up a senior list spot. Presumably that’s because we have a target in mind with our fourth pick or a DFA. The third advantage is if another club picks him up, opening up a rookie spot. The fourth advantage ( mainl6 for him) is that he has a year to prove the club wrong.
Even if we kept Murley on the senior list…we can still add 4 senior players by adjusting the mix.
We could upgrade Noble & Ginni…keep Murley on senior list, still add 4 additional senior players via draft & DFA/Supp.
Go into 2023 with 38 & 4 (Plus Cat B).
The 4 rookies being AJ, Begg, Dean & JC.
Unless we are hellbent on going into 2023 with 36 & 6 or 37 & 5.

Even if we kept Murley on the senior list…we can still add 4 senior players by adjusting the mix.
We could upgrade Noble & Ginni…keep Murley on senior list, still add 4 additional senior players via draft & DFA/Supp.
Go into 2023 with 38 & 4 (Plus Cat B).
The 4 rookies being AJ, Begg, Dean & JC.
Unless we are hellbent on going into 2023 with 36 & 6 or 37 & 5.

Noble has to be promoted regardless.

Not sure your maths is correct that we can upgrade noble and Ginni, plus keep murley… and still have 4 picks.

The small amount of TPP savings?

I guess it would make more of a difference if how you are in the 95-105% zone?

Thinking out loud, typing drunkly.
I know…that’s why I don’t understand the strategy.
Assuming our TPP issues now under control.
I cannot see an obvious & definite advantage.

Noble has to be promoted regardless.

Not sure your maths is correct that we can upgrade noble and Ginni, plus keep murley… and still have 4 picks.
27 current
plus 4 new = 31
plus Noble, Ginni & include Murley = 34
leaving 4 open list spots (all senior/primary) if we go to 38.

Do the math yourself…it works.

I haven't read through the conversation here but I think Carmichael will get a new number just like Noble changed after his first half-season on the list.

Once Cox is no longer on the list I think we'll no longer use 46 for AFL listed players and 45 will become our highest one.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven't read through the conversation here but I think Carmichael will get a new number just like Noble changed after his first half-season on the list.

Once Cox is no longer on the list I think we'll no longer use 46 for AFL listed players and 45 will become our highest one.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Carmichael will probably choose a lower number.

46 has a legacy now.so I hope we continue to award it to players. Faye surely would be a hot candidate to adopt it. If we had another American, they could wear it, too. Still like my idea to recruit a punter from the US in a weird reverse psychology trick. Rather than AFL players punting in the NFL, we find former NFL players to kick in the AFL. Or college players who aren't drafted.

Liam Mcmahon is weighing up an offer from the Pies to remain with us on the VFL list................hopefully he takes it and who know what happens down the track.
I could see McMahon returning to an AFL list. He has raw talent. If I were in charge of list management, I'd have kept him over Kelly.

Back