List Mgmt. 2022 CFC List Changes (Gone: 4, 6, 11, 16, 17, 23, 24, 29, 34, 44)

How many list changes do you think we’ll make? (including Roughead)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pros, opens up rookie list spot for mid season draft.

cons, his full salary gets counted towards the cap

The rookie spot saves something like $70-80k from TPP. Doesn’t matter if it’s a saving from Ginni or another Rookie, it’s still only the max 6 Cat A rookies get the saving. It’s more relevant to retain a 36+6+2 instead of 38+4+2 profile as that’s $140-160k we save in TPP

The rookie spot saves something like $70-80k from TPP. Doesn’t matter if it’s a saving from Ginni or another Rookie, it’s still only the max 6 Cat A rookies get the saving. It’s more relevant to retain a 36+6+2 instead of 38+4+2 profile as that’s $140-160k we save in TPP
And if you can save money instead of adding another player thats not needed at the moment needed then thats the wise thing to do.
I'm sure someone will get injured next year to open up a MSD spot, but if not.. I think we will survive for a year.

Won’t happen obviously, but I wouldn’t mind Naicos choosing to wear 6 next to Jaicos at 7.

Nice to have siblings next to each other.

Plus the Daicos’ always got the opposition at 6’s and 7’s - so would be a fun way of highlighting their greatness.

I kinda feel for Jaicos - I’m sure he’d loved to have kept 35 if given the chance. So it seems a bit unfair to me Naicos gets that option when his brother didn’t.

I’m probably also one of the few that likes the tradition of honouring Presti each year.

6 x 7 also equals 42 so could link in for honouring Millane as well.

Well there’s some random off season deep thoughts… round 1 can’t come quick enough

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Won’t happen obviously, but I wouldn’t mind Naicos choosing to wear 6 next to Jaicos at 7.

Plus the Daicos’ always got the opposition at 6’s and 7’s - so would be a fun way of highlighting their greatness.

I kinda feel for Jaicos - I’m sure he’d loved to have kept 35 if given the chance. So it seems a bit unfair to me Naicos gets that option when his brother didn’t.

I’m probably also one of the few that likes the tradition of honouring Presti each year.

Well there’s some random off season deep thoughts… round 1 can’t come quick enough

he was offered 35 in 2016. He didn't want it. Said he wanted to create his own legacy, hence him choosing another number (26 at the time)

I played the numbers listed in the OP in a system 9 on Power Ball last night.....
As they don't have numbers in the 40's I turned 44 into 8 for the Powerball.

the numbers drawn were;

6, 11, 14, 17, 24, 25, 33 PB18
4, 6, 11, 16, 17, 24, 23, 29, 34 PB 8

I blame the List manager.

Where do I send my lawsuit?

We will certainly go 36-6-2. if we don’t take a DFA then we will be going with 5 picks in the ND. The last pick will be pass and held over for a rookie spot most likely for Murley. The three picks in the top 30 will be taken. The only question is pick 51. Do we take a 4th player on the night or is it another pass. If we pass on it then Ginnivan will be put on the primary list thus leaving a rookie spot which can be filled later on.

It’s hypothetical but if we had of kept pick 2 and North did not bid on Nick then another player would have had 35 this year and we probably would have never seen Nick wearing it As it turned out Nick wore it and had one of the best first years ever. So it makes sense now that he has worn it from the start of his career that he keeps it.

It’s hypothetical but if we had of kept pick 2 and North did not bid on Nick then another player would have had 35 this year and we probably would have never seen Nick wearing it As it turned out Nick wore it and had one of the best first years ever. So it makes sense now that he has worn it from the start of his career that he keeps it.
Josh was offered 35 despite being our last pick in the national I’d imagine Nick would have been given the same courtesy.

Bring back 42.
Worn by first drafted new player every year…
With Millane family blessing.
I'd be for that if the milane family agreed and have a member of Darren's family present the jumper and to learn about him and what he means to Collingwood, a youngster learns an important part of our history and respect at the same time.

So is it official?

The stupid manufactured 35 tradition continues?
According to Presti…it’s a watch this space, all shall be revealed.
Mentioned…there will be a solution to suit everyone…?? Whatever that means.

edit - maybe a Presti trophy is introduced ‘selfless team person award’?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks… sounds like we’ve put it to bed then.

Makes more sense to have an award although surely there’s already a best clubman award…

Yeah, I reckon there will be an award for him and Nick keeps the 35

Thanks… sounds like we’ve put it to bed then.

Makes more sense to have an award although surely there’s already a best clubman award…
Could be an award for longest surname.

he was offered 35 in 2016. He didn't want it. Said he wanted to create his own legacy, hence him choosing another number (26 at the time)
This, he said he didn’t want to be defined by his Dad, tough gig to live up to but he wanted to forge ahead in his own way. I respect that but I also respect Moores willingness to take it on in honouring the family tie.

I hope 35 stays with Nick and wouldn’t begrudge him anything.

Yep it’s a use it or lose it, unless we have another Cat B with promise. I do think Tom is a long shot to make it but here’s to hoping.
Best we cut him loose. Nothing I have seen that oozes class.

Best we cut him loose. Nothing I have seen that oozes class.

Wilson had a few game winning performances in the VFL where he showed class. I'm more worried about his athleticism and projected position.

Wilson had a few game winning performances in the VFL where he showed class. I'm more worried about his athleticism and projected position.

Was it the one against north he looked pretty good? When he started to play up forward

Back