List Mgmt. 2022 CFC List Changes (Gone: 4, 6, 11, 16, 17, 23, 24, 29, 34, 44)

How many list changes do you think we’ll make? (including Roughead)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

More i think about this, the more we are in a bit of trouble re: rookies and will need to do more than we intended in this space.

Potentially, up to 4 rookies could be ready for r1 next year (AJ, Gini, JC, Dean).
With only being able to nominate 2, it means without injuries, we could be not playing our best 22 until we get an LTI.

I think we're going to want to end the draft & rookie draft with a 36-37/3/1CatB type arrangement.
This gives us spots for SSP & MSD.
We may hold only 1 spot like last year (where we didn't use the SSP and saved it).
but that will depend on what we do in Draft/rookie draft and who is available.

So i think we may even see this:
  • Delist poulter
  • Delist Madgen
  • Use 16
  • Use 25 or 27 and move the other to next year.
  • Upgrade Noble
  • Upgrade Gini

That makes us at 36 & 3R + 1CatB.

Then we have choices.
Elevate one more rookie (AJ?) to main list to make the 37 we want.
Or leave it at 36 to help cap next year.

Have 3 rookie spots to play with (as Cat B doesn't count)
So can take one SSP train on player (ruck depth?)
Hold one for MSD, or take 2 if you want.

Of course, that doesn't include any LTI.
So club may want to run this closer to the edge than that.
Which may mean one of Madgen & poulter gets retained.
If it was me, i'd be retaining Madge.
Its the last spot on the list. So its depth and coverage only.
Madge has shown he can play in many different spots and brings a better work ethic to the club.

Really interesting strategy coming up with us.....

More i think about this, the more we are in a bit of trouble re: rookies and will need to do more than we intended in this space.

Potentially, up to 4 rookies could be ready for r1 next year (AJ, Gini, JC, Dean).
With only being able to nominate 2, it means without injuries, we could be not playing our best 22 until we get an LTI.

I think we're going to want to end the draft & rookie draft with a 36-37/3/1CatB type arrangement.
This gives us spots for SSP & MSD.
We may hold only 1 spot like last year (where we didn't use the SSP and saved it).
but that will depend on what we do in Draft/rookie draft and who is available.

So i think we may even see this:
  • Delist poulter
  • Delist Madgen
  • Use 16
  • Use 25 or 27 and move the other to next year.
  • Upgrade Noble
  • Upgrade Gini

That makes us at 36 & 3R + 1CatB.

Then we have choices.
Elevate one more rookie (AJ?) to main list to make the 37 we want.
Or leave it at 36 to help cap next year.

Have 3 rookie spots to play with (as Cat B doesn't count)
So can take one SSP train on player (ruck depth?)
Hold one for MSD, or take 2 if you want.

Of course, that doesn't include any LTI.
So club may want to run this closer to the edge than that.
Which may mean one of Madgen & poulter gets retained.
If it was me, i'd be retaining Madge.
Its the last spot on the list. So its depth and coverage only.
Madge has shown he can play in many different spots and brings a better work ethic to the club.

Really interesting strategy coming up with us.....
You can play as many rookies as you wish.

All of: Ginni, AJ, Noble played in the prelim. There is no set limit that you can or cant play.

We wont upgrade Ginni, until we have to. Next year. Noble will be the only upgraded, and use the last rookie spot for someone in the rookie draft or someone over summer.

I think we take all three picks (16, 25, 27) into the draft. Or use two 16, and then use 25/27 to move up.

I think we retain poulter over Madgen. If we retain either of them.

You can play as many rookies as you wish.

All of: Ginni, AJ, Noble played in the prelim. There is no set limit that you can or cant play.
Only if you have the spots to elevate them.

At the start of the season, you can nominate 2 rookies to play up.
Which i suspect Nobles & Gini were the two.

But any other rookie cannot play unless you make a player inactive.
But since you're allowed 40 main list players, the retirement of Irish and Dean mid have allowed us to go to 39 to start the year (thus freeing up 2 spots)

Add to this kreugs & grundy injuries early and we were fine (possibly Wilson as well).

But without the retirements & injuries....only the 2 that you nominate (if you nominate at all) can play up.

Its a hidden rule that is never reported properly by the AFL, so its hard to know what happened to who and when.

But the rookie rules are that they cannot play unless there is a spot available on the primary list.

Only if you have the spots to elevate them.

At the start of the season, you can nominate 2 rookies to play up.
Which i suspect Nobles & Gini were the two.

But any other rookie cannot play unless you make a player inactive.
But since you're allowed 40 main list players, the retirement of Irish and Dean mid have allowed us to go to 39 to start the year (thus freeing up 2 spots)

Add to this kreugs & grundy injuries early and we were fine (possibly Wilson as well).

But without the retirements & injuries....only the 2 that you nominate (if you nominate at all) can play up.

Its a hidden rule that is never reported properly by the AFL, so its hard to know what happened to who and when.

But the rookie rules are that they cannot play unless there is a spot available on the primary list.
There is no limit on number of rookies who can play seniors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with not offering contracts to Poulter and Madgen.

Full credit to Madge - he was a battler but he gave his best each week and certainly made the most of his limited ability. His best unfortunately just wasn't good enough.

Poulter, he did play some good games and showed glimpses of his potential, but just didn't get anywhere enough of the ball for mine. I will accept that Buckley's gameplan had him getting the bulk of his possessions down in defence, whereas it should've been driving the ball inside 50m. He didn't tackle, can't mark overhead and just didn't get on the end of it enough through hard running and a want to get the ball in hand and that doesn't suit Fly's gameplan.

Haven't really seen enough of Murley, I'm not a huge VFL watcher, so hard to pass judgment on that one.

Meanwhile, clubs have been told they will have to again select a minimum of three players at the NAB AFL Draft after last year only needing to take one because of list reductions. The three live picks can include promoted rookies (before or after the national draft), national draft picks and pre-season draft selections.

No more Madgen, Callum or Tyler Brown. Can't say I'm unhappy about it.

Surprised we delisted Poulter though. Thought he showed just enough to persist with him.

Back