Mega Thread 2023 AFL Finals Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure their midfield is uncontested. They lack class forward of centre (which is also Melbourne’s problem).
Their contested possession numbers look okay, but there’s a reason they score from turnover and not stoppages. They are weak against teams that can win stoppages and then retain possession (exactly what Brisbane are doing tonight).

Why is it? I get living in Melbourne you might have developed a dislike of Collingwood but for someone not from Victoria I don't get why we should hate them. Eddie is gone and I have had nothing but good experiences with their supporters over here.
Might be a Melbourne thing.

Collingwood are what West Coast are in Perth x10. Entitled, think they own the afl and they have the most disgusting, truly feral fans.

Even Collingwood fans that live in Melbourne say their fans are filth.

I actually like most of their players, but the entitlement mixed with the fans.......just sickening here

Still shits me to tears seeing Lachie Neale in a Brisbane jumper. I might never recover from that.

Colin Young?
Winner Winner Win GIF by giphystudios2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are looking ripe for a straight sets exit. My God the Hinkley thread will be delicious if that happens.

Why is it? I get living in Melbourne you might have developed a dislike of Collingwood but for someone not from Victoria I don't get why we should hate them. Eddie is gone and I have had nothing but good experiences with their supporters over here.
Yeah I'm fine-ish with a Pies flag. I am immune to hubris after suffering through Richmond and West Coast success. They play exciting and daring footy and after the year they've had they'd be deserving winners. Big fan of McRea and his brand.

Just the lazy two top 15 father sons in this Brisbane team, granted one is out with an ACL.
Sydney last night with Henry, Mills, Campbell and Gulden

Fremantle last night with Motl…ohhhh…

it will all still be bull shit when we take Collard from West Coast this year

Just the lazy two top 15 father sons in this Brisbane team, granted one is out with an ACL.
Sydney last night with Henry, Mills, Campbell and Gulden

Fremantle last night with Motl…ohhhh…

it will all still be bull s**t when we take Collard from West Coast this year
Isn’t it just great that one of the fathers was also a Freo captain.

In that case we would have had the McGovern brothers too.
Yep, and Gold Coast would have access to GAJ’s kids.

It’s a way to help new teams catch up with existing teams

In that case we would have had the McGovern brothers too.

We could have had Jeremy anyway. He wasn’t drafted till the rookie draft. I believe his Dsd strongly urged our recruiting team to pick him but we passed.

To be fair he was overweight with a lazy work ethic. He didn’t play at WC for nearly 2 years & not until being sent to the WAFL like Walters.
Obviously no one knew how good he was going to be as every club overlooked him @ the Eagles only punted with pick 44 of the rookie draft.

Mitch we passed over twice for Weller & Blakely.

Every season we think the team that lost their qualifying final is looking down the barrel of a straight sets exit and that the elimination final survivor is on a run of form.

Almost every season that assumption is slapped back to reality the following weekend.

Every season we think the team that lost their qualifying final is looking down the barrel of a straight sets exit and that the elimination final survivor is on a run of form.

Almost every season that assumption is slapped back to reality the following weekend.

Hasn't there been an increase in week 2 upsets since the pre-finals bye was introduced?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back