Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Adelaide costs of living (housing particularly) would be significantly lower than Sydney. The excess cash of the deal plus the savings in that "comfortable lifestyle" put the Adelaide offer miles ahead from a pure wealth creation view.

I hope he comes for the opportunity we offer. The offer (as far as we know) makes him more wealthy in a financial sense. But if he's motivated by other distractions young men might like, Sydney might play finals more often than us but if he wants stardom, it ain't even close to the profile he would carry in Adelaide.
I would think he'd be offered far more wealth creation opportunities in Sydney.

IIRC Hayward was a forward flanker type and we had a settled line-up of them ATT. Gallucci was a mid which we needed along with a Ruckman.
I wanted English we badly needed a ruck. Gallucci was my last choice. Hell even Pepper Pot would have been a better choice.

Are we in salary cap strife hitting the floor and are worried we don't have any more levers to pull outside of ridiculous contracts?

That's the only reason we'd consider paying Elliot Yeo $1.3 million in a single year

Are we in salary cap strife hitting the floor and are worried we don't have any more levers to pull outside of ridiculous contracts?

That's the only reason we'd consider paying Elliot Yeo $1.3 million in a single year
Looks a bit desperate just to land someone, probably a sugar fix to distract from the disappointing year. Club possibly doesn't want to look like we have all these targets and can't land a single person.

Yeo is a great player but his body is sus, not sure even Burgess can sort that out to extract value from it.

I would like to know what the following years are valued at as hearing $1.3m in the first year is somewhat meaningless without the rest. We likely have cap space we need to burn next year so whoever we go for would be getting a front load boom to kick things off.

Update: Just seen reportedly the total offer around $2.7m, so average of $900k. Definitely bloated but I guess if you want to get someone to move you're paying a premium & the total cap has just gone up substantially.

Would much rather get Hayward but sounds like he's closer to staying at Swans now.

Sydney is where you would want to be on a wealth creation front as a young person on medium to high income. Hayward owns doozy with florent already so he’s on the ball.
I’m personally ambivalent on the offer.
I see him as a cherry on top player who raises an already good team up, but wouldn’t be as potent if he didn’t get great delivery or service as the swans. Hard to see how he goes at the crows, but undoubtably is an immediate upgrade on many of our players who can barely kick 45m at a slight angle or lay a single tackle. People need to quickly realise that 800k will not be reserved for premium players any more (who will now be a mill upwards). The question is how swans can keep Hayward And Logan if these offers are being put out there.

No to yeo for me either, obviously a great player and I’ve been a fan for years but he can’t stay on the park. Just no. Reeks of old crows strategy for trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows linked to offers for Yeo. It’s a hard pass from me.

Of course we are linked. We are like the girl at the disco - nightclub for you zoomers - flashing a lot of skin hoping hoping someone will notice us

But sometimes people will slander us for a clickbait item

That’s surely a piss take, 3 years for a 31 year old girl jury prone player on huge money
Said we offered $2.7 million over 3 years. So still means we'd be paying him $700K in his final two years with a first year of $1.3 million.

Absolute madness given his age and injury history.

I could see Yeo being good for a year or two if fit, he's still a very good player as he's shown this year. 3 years is a lot though, even accounting for the fact that you have to pay overs to get players to move clubs and that we probably have a lot of cap space. Plus he's had a lot of injury issues.

Surely if it’s a three year deal, there’s a trigger on the third year

I don’t want to be paying Yeo 700k at age 33 unless he’s healthy and still in good form

Said we offered $2.7 million over 3 years. So still means we'd be paying him $700K in his final two years with a first year of $1.3 million.

Absolute madness given his age and injury history.
Hahahahahahahahah

That's such a Nicks contract. Give some experienced guy huge money because experience good, please give me experience, we are losing because we lack experience, gimme gimme gimme those 31 year olds and be sure to pay up!

We could always bring Brad Crouch back. Get the band back together lol.

We're obviously struggling to hit the cap floor and have had to rapidly readjust after not getting our main targets. I don't hate the offer to Yeo but I'd prefer renegotiating a few of our existing contracts to hit the floor (e.g. paying Dawson and maybe Thilthorpe more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back