List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

The Mills debate.
We have a pretty solid midfield at the moment with Parker, Sheldrick and Cleary waiting to get in. Assuming no injuries, where does Mills play?

Defence
Midfield
Wing
Forward

If Hayward does go, Mills would make a pretty awesome medium tall. He is a great mark. Smart. Good distributor. Very good kick at goal.
If Hayward goes, then Mills or Fox can play up forward / push up as an outlet, for the next couple of seasons. Or down back. Or alternate.

Obviously Mills is a better goal kicker, but we might want a bigger role for the captain.

If Hayward goes, then Mills or Fox can play up forward / push up as an outlet, for the next couple of seasons. Or down back. Or alternate.

Obviously Mills is a better goal kicker, but we might want a bigger role for the captain.
Why does it have to be Mills or Fox , we do develop and adapt .

The Mills debate.
We have a pretty solid midfield at the moment with Parker, Sheldrick and Cleary waiting to get in. Assuming no injuries, where does Mills play?

Defence
Midfield
Wing
Forward

If Hayward does go, Mills would make a pretty awesome medium tall. He is a great mark. Smart. Good distributor. Very good kick at goal.

Parker should not be near the midfield for starters and Cleary ideally if we are contending is not in our top side. I could be wrong and I love Sheldrick but I’d be shocked if he’s with us next season. Mills could play as that medium FWD but he’d be in the mid rotation for mine

Parker should not be near the midfield for starters and Cleary ideally if we are contending is not in our top side. I could be wrong and I love Sheldrick but I’d be shocked if he’s with us next season. Mills could play as that medium FWD but he’d be in the mid rotation for mine
Not every young player is so impatient that they'd leave a great club just because they aren't immediately in the seniors. He's good enough to command a place through hard work.

Ticky! where!
In the Gettable Podcast in their Most Wanted segment. GWS have offered him a 5 yr deal up from 4 due to demand from other clubs one of which is apparently us. No mention of what we have offered, only that we like SA clubs were interested.

Purely speculation but I think we will be moving on some players and trading others this off season. Young, Cuningham, Kennedy etc.

List is a bit out of whack in that we have too many like for like players and not enough variety in certain areas of the ground.

Also as has been reported today and was told to us by ITK posters a couple of years ago, Weitering, Curnow, McKay Walsh etc are on far less than most believe them to be. Supposedly all agreed to be on the same salary which was about 800 as opposed to the million + they could have chased elsewhere.

I'm none the wiser though, just what ya hear on the grapevine.
Long time no see. Welcome back. Personally I hope Will stays but you never know.

The Mills debate.

Defence
Midfield
Wing
Forward

Hard to see him doing a lot this year. IMO Rampe replacement is most value to the team.
Suspect we will rejig our attack more like the Pies without a medium if Hayward goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay, Curnow, Cripps, Weitering, Walsh, Cerra, Williams, McGovern - and yet the Blues still have salary cap space to outbid Sydney for Hayward?

If you look at the rest of Carltons list it drops off in quality. You can pay decent money to a few and then little to anyone else.

McKay, Curnow, Cripps, Weitering, Walsh, all have been drafted by the Blues. In the open market they could command more. By staying at the Blues they have probably taken less than their open market value.

As for the others Williams joined when they had plenty of cap space (he’s been there 4 years). McGovern is now at the end of his contract. Cerra is in his 3rd of 4 years (and left the Dockers after 4 years). He wouldn’t be on huge money.

Why does it have to be Mills or Fox , we do develop and adapt .
The question was where does Mills go when he returns, if there is no or little room in midfield. You're not going to kick Heeney, Adams or Rowy out, Parker might struggle to get a decent amount of time there. You've got part time Warner and Gulden too.

Since Mills is more versatile, the logical option is to play him some of the time elsewhere (I'm sure he'll get some mids time anyway).

The answer is clearer I think if we're left with medium forward position to fill. Mills can do that role, he's a good kick for goal, decent in the air. But Fox is another alternative, with different pros/cons to be sure. Mills and Fox could fill medium forward and defensive positions for the next couple of years (until Fox retires), with Mills obviously taking precedence if we only need to fill one spot.

Well he has a contract for us next season, so the choice is really ours.

If he does WANT to go, this year would be better than next from a tradable currency point of view.

Well he has a contract for us next season, so the choice is really ours.

If he does WANT to go, this year would be better than next from a tradable currency point of view.
Adams gets a stubbed toe and Parker, who still destroys the VFL is a desperate need. Just no.

If Hayward chases $’s it will free up $450-500k. I can’t believe we have been paying more.

Aside from using the savings on essential players, I would be upping the Gus contract for next year, even if only by a small amount as an act of faith.

It might help us keep him.

On drafting provided Warner jnr, jnr shows some form and grows an inch or two I reckon it would be smart to draft him. This would make it harder for the Weasels to prise The Chad out.

Dubai Quacker do you have any intell on how he is going?

Ugle-Hagan a 2 year deal with the Dogs. Confirmed.

I don't think this is a surprise, has been touted for a while now he was staying..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back