List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno always has looked steady as to me

He’s a very good defender but I really like what David King said recently. That he can still go to another level yet when he starts intercepting more. Sam Taylor has gone past him as a defender who is excellent defensively but also able to dominate the game from the back end by winning the ball back. I think he can get there because he’s clearly a very good player but still got higher to go.

But yeh we are absolutely not getting him.

We have never been linked officially to Weitering. Its more posters on this board throwing his name up as a possibility, when he'll never leave Carlton.

I'm still holding out for Lewis Young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say that the huge front-ended offer for Jack Martin would help them these days.
And that's why I didn't include Martin on my list. They're likely paying very little for him now (and, to be fair, getting nothing from him because he's perpetually injured).

But there was a report on one of the Fox shows earlier this week about Weitering, who apparently really wants to sign but has been making noises about how everyone on the list needs to be reasonable to ensure there's enough to go round for all. That suggests they've not yet made him an offer he can't refuse financially. And maybe he's fearful they won't come close to making him an offer close enough to those from other clubs to make his decision straightforward. Or else he's worried about there being very little left for the 11th-45th rated players on the list.

How does that fit in with them offering someone like Hayward a long term, $800k pa contract? Because you generally have to pay a little bit more to attract players than to keep them. And a new player isn't going to have the same "let's stay together" regard for those already on the list.

I get that there are other clubs around that have much more available cap space to offer Hayward than the Swans do. It just bugs (and confuses me) if one of those clubs is Carlton.

And that's why I didn't include Martin on my list. They're likely paying very little for him now (and, to be fair, getting nothing from him because he's perpetually injured).

But there was a report on one of the Fox shows earlier this week about Weitering, who apparently really wants to sign but has been making noises about how everyone on the list needs to be reasonable to ensure there's enough to go round for all. That suggests they've not yet made him an offer he can't refuse financially. And maybe he's fearful they won't come close to making him an offer close enough to those from other clubs to make his decision straightforward. Or else he's worried about there being very little left for the 11th-45th rated players on the list.

How does that fit in with them offering someone like Hayward a long term, $800k pa contract? Because you generally have to pay a little bit more to attract players than to keep them. And a new player isn't going to have the same "let's stay together" regard for those already on the list.

I get that there are other clubs around that have much more available cap space to offer Hayward than the Swans do. It just bugs (and confuses me) if one of those clubs is Carlton.

I’m not buying it at all. I think we have more space than people think. We have no idea what the offers are at this stage or how many years Hayward wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McKay, Curnow, Cripps, Weitering, Walsh, Cerra, Williams, McGovern - and yet the Blues still have salary cap space to outbid Sydney for Hayward?
Purely speculation but I think we will be moving on some players and trading others this off season. Young, Cuningham, Kennedy etc.

List is a bit out of whack in that we have too many like for like players and not enough variety in certain areas of the ground.

Also as has been reported today and was told to us by ITK posters a couple of years ago, Weitering, Curnow, McKay Walsh etc are on far less than most believe them to be. Supposedly all agreed to be on the same salary which was about 800 as opposed to the million + they could have chased elsewhere.

I'm none the wiser though, just what ya hear on the grapevine.

The Mills debate.
We have a pretty solid midfield at the moment with Parker, Sheldrick and Cleary waiting to get in. Assuming no injuries, where does Mills play?

Defence
Midfield
Wing
Forward

If Hayward does go, Mills would make a pretty awesome medium tall. He is a great mark. Smart. Good distributor. Very good kick at goal.

The Mills debate.
We have a pretty solid midfield at the moment with Parker, Sheldrick and Cleary waiting to get in. Assuming no injuries, where does Mills play?

Defence
Midfield
Wing
Forward

If Hayward does go, Mills would make a pretty awesome medium tall. He is a great mark. Smart. Good distributor. Very good kick at goal.

Are you referring to this season or 2025?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back