List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Ed Richards from the dogs?
Play him through the midfield

I'd be going hard ish at one of Ben Miller, Battle or Cumming
All “likeable” players.
Ben Miller spent his draft year starring as an undersized ruck and has become a genuine swingman. The problem is that in an ideal world he is “great depth”. Bankable back up is all he would be. While that type is integral on any list, we need our next generation KPD (ideally).

Battle is another undersized key, or third tall. A very admirable player. I just see him as another Kemp, Marchbank or McGovern who can “almost” play KPD. Doesn’t complement our mix for mine, but if we moved Marchy on and had thoughts to repurpose Kemp, or think Gov is close to his end, would be a brilliant get.

Cumming is a quality, rounded half back who has slipped in the pecking order behind arguably the best defensive combination in the league. We are not short of half backs, bath mature and developing, so is not a priority for mine.

Curtis Taylor - not getting a game for North. Really liked his first few years in the competition as a forward. Has a very nice mark for someone his size. Then I think got pushed to a wing last year so must have some sort of endurance. Contracted to the end of 2024. Low risk but potentially a high reward acquisition that I would look into.
I too regarded Taylor as a very promising third tall type in an underperforming Norf forward line. Looked a potential star in a block of games. Had some good moments on the wing, but not a natural there, and lacked composure. If we had more space on the list, I would absolutely advocate for him. Thinking they moved him from his natural role, perhaps to accommodate Zurhaar and “the other Curtis”. Similarly Norf are repurposing star underage forward and injury prone Brayden George as a half back. Their “development” is quite astounding.

Liked him in his draft year, really surprised he wasn't picked up
Yep. Lasting memory of Scaife kicking goal(s) from outside 50. Didn’t have a massive body of work in his draft year, but some quality snippets. If, as the article suggests, he is driven to continuous improvement, he is certainly worthy of serious consideration. Big boy who can genuinely chop out in ruck if required. Demands due diligence with so little apparent quality in the upcoming Mid-season draft.

If Austin and co. can find an AFL quality addition or two at our very late picks, they are doing very well.

Carlton vice-captain Jacob Weitering has revealed the Blues senior players have an unwritten pact to stick together in the chase for the ultimate success.
The Blues have been able to lock away most of their big name talent deep into the decade with Weitering one of the key priorities in the club’s list management strategy

Thoughts on Brayden Crossley for ruck depth?

Thoughts on Brayden Crossley for ruck depth?
Has his fans among our posters, but I am not one. Don’t think his performances are transferable to the top level. Also if my memory serves me correctly, there were some off field go slows.

The over riding factor here is WHY?

We don’t need ruck depth.

TDK is performing well, although granted is not the finished commodity. Pitto has surely silenced the doubters in the last two weeks. Two AFL quality rucks.

O’Keeffe is progressing very well. He will at very least be a good quality back up and a pillar in our reserves side for the foreseeable future. Decent chance he continues to develop his “craft” both in the ruck and forward and provide an AFL level option in a year or three. Granted Mirkov is shaping like a delisting at season’s end, but Pitto is in his prime years, TDK entering his and HOK a couple of years away, but combative enough to compete if circumstances demand.

We also have Young and even Sam Durdin who have played ruck minutes at the highest level. Hard to see JSOS reprising his ruck chop out next season, post knee though. If Lemmey “makes it”, he will be a capable chop out ruck as well.

Unless TDK exercises free agency options, we are covered in the ruck for the next few years.

Focus on our immediate needs….

1x Small forward - Motlop is definitely shaping up as a good one but we need another.

1x Power mid - with some burst speed and very good kicking skills.

1x key defender to work with weiters.

None of these need to be expensive/elite. Austin has been good in this regard so hopefully he will shift his focus on these three areas.

Get those three and watch what happens.

Yep. Lasting memory of Scaife kicking goal(s) from outside 50. Didn’t have a massive body of work in his draft year, but some quality snippets. If, as the article suggests, he is driven to continuous improvement, he is certainly worthy of serious consideration. Big boy who can genuinely chop out in ruck if required. Demands due diligence with so little apparent quality in the upcoming Mid-season draft.

If Austin and co. can find an AFL quality addition or two at our very late picks, they are doing very well.
The mid season draft begins on the 29th of this month, it wouldn't be a stretch for Carlton to be 9th place by then.
If so, which clubs have a list vacancy before us?

The mid season draft begins on the 29th of this month, it wouldn't be a stretch for Carlton to be 9th place by then.
If so, which clubs have a list vacancy before us?
Based on 'season' injuries on the AFL page..
Kangaroos
Richmond
Hawthorn
(WCE no)
(Stk no)
Brisbane
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Gold Coast maybe (11 week injury)
Collingwood maybe (11 week injury)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe we need to go a step backwards to go forward again to address our needs

Last edited:
Are the campo boys fast? I have never seen them play… I assume like hollands , slight and wing but have clue … will they add speed to our list

Agree with these key needs below, especially burst speed for needs #1 and 2, desperately

Focus on our immediate needs….

1x Small forward - Motlop is definitely shaping up as a good one but we need another.

1x Power mid - with some burst speed and very good kicking skills.

1x key defender to work with weiters.

None of these need to be expensive/elite. Austin has been good in this regard so hopefully he will shift his focus on these three areas.

Get those three and watch what happens.

Which leads to the valid question :

Are the campo boys fast? I have never seen them play… I assume like hollands , slight and wing but have clue … will they add speed to our list

I hope Austin & Co are thinking this through and scouring the country for quality options for burst speed & ball delivery, and planning a way to acquire these capabilities with R1 and a Trade ( then, if they stack up, for Campos in due to points/later round picks etc )

I’d also like to see Wilson tried, soon (unless he’s way off in fitness or something )

We’ve put a six year deal to Hayward
Whilst we have Curnow & Mckay at the peak of their careers, we definitely need that mid sized classy forward.
It makes sense we push for Hayward.

As much Martin is highly talented how many games per year can we get out of him also will be 30 early next year.

Elijah Hollands looks more of a long-term mid fielder rather than a smart goalkicking mid sized forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back