List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I wasn't 100% convinced last year this was the right move.
I am happy that he will have a season with our fitness, medical and technical coaches before he is drafted. Lets worry more about how he goes in the U18 champs against his peers..he could be every chance to have a big few games there now he is getting used to playing at senior SANFL level.

Instead of helping out Dangerfield with his contract, maybe we can help him out with his hamstring injuries. The club know a great fitness guru that could help him...

Brett Burton
They don’t need Burton when they already have exploding hamstring expert Steve Saunders on their books, maybe it is just some old kangatech mishaps again?

I can see them putting the likes of Burton, Lachie Jones, Williams and Vinsentini up for trade.
Won't get much draft capital for any of these.

Not sure why they would be trying to trade up for Draper as they have already set up their midfield and spent lots of draft capital to do it. They should be now looking at key positions to spend draft capital on given Dixon is totally cooked, Marshall is flakey, Georgiades is never going to be a key focal point and Finlayson is undersized and in and out of the team. They are a club that should be last on the list to try and sell the farm or whatever for more mids
Like I said.. shiney new toy they can throw in front of their supporter base..

On a different tact, is the decision to have Tyler Welsh come into our system early a good one? He seems to be struggling to have any impact at league level which is understandable given his age and position.
Would it be better however if he remained at the Eagles so he had the luxury of dropping back to the reserves to get a kick and gain some confidence?

He has nationals coming up, academy games. I assume we will rest him at some stage so we won’t have him much longer until he is off doing those things.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Time for a mini clean out, we have 7 or 8 list cloggers that need to go. Then get Perryman in as a FA . Trade next years first into this year as it’s a midfielders draft and pick up Welsh, Michaelanay and 3 or 4 other good midfielders.
Luko can come only if we get him for a second rounder, think he’s on good coin. That might help the Gold Coast as they have a lot of promising youngsters that will want a pay rise soon.
HcHenry, Golland, Himmelberg, Bond, Hamill and Parnell all can go for whatever we get for them. At best these players won’t be anymore then a role player and they aren’t worth the time or list spot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On a different tact, is the decision to have Tyler Welsh come into our system early a good one? He seems to be struggling to have any impact at league level which is understandable given his age and position.
Would it be better however if he remained at the Eagles so he had the luxury of dropping back to the reserves to get a kick and gain some confidence?
Let's keep him where he is and let him underperform his ass off, will be great to not have to match a 1st round bid 😉

I am happy that he will have a season with our fitness, medical and technical coaches before he is drafted. Lets worry more about how he goes in the U18 champs against his peers..he could be every chance to have a big few games there now he is getting used to playing at senior SANFL level.
Better for long term development with added bonus of maybe driving his draft value down a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should've kept him at the Eagles, Crows SANFL is not a proper team.

Yep I'm a big muzz junior fan, there's something about him I really like. I would give Noah Howes a look too.

Soldo and Esava would have gone to Alice Springs if it meant saving their careers, they're both average footballers IMO 😉
Soldo having a pretty decent year

Better for long term development with added bonus of maybe driving his draft value down a little.

Better for long term or short term?

I reckon it definitely would help bring a player up to a certain level quicker, does it raise their ceiling?

I'm not convinced playing a young guy out of his grade is the gold standard. How often does it happen in Victoria for extended periods?

Admittedly they have a stronger u18s comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back