NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How far before a 20 game season?
Well if the NFLPA agrees to it so be it. Don’t think it’ll happen for some time though. I just think mandating players not to play is something we should avoid in any sport ..unless it’s a concussion issue of course

Well if the NFLPA agrees to it so be it. Don’t think it’ll happen for some time though. I just think mandating players not to play is something we should avoid in any sport ..unless it’s a concussion issue of course

My rationale is the owners will just squeeze more blood from their cash cows. Although not mandatory, most major leagues, especially US ones, rotate players, even stars, on a regular basis.

Maybe it's just me bit I don't want to see 70m a year QBs on the basis of a salary cap increasevoff one extra game.

My rationale is the owners will just squeeze more blood from their cash cows. Although not mandatory, most major leagues, especially US ones, rotate players, even stars, on a regular basis.

Maybe it's just me bit I don't want to see 70m a year QBs on the basis of a salary cap increasevoff one extra game.
Yeah good points. I look at MLB and NBA and even though they’ve done it for a long time I fail to see the point of 162 and 82 game seasons other than squeezing the cash cow. Complete overkill and whilst popular the less games these comps have the more popular their sports would be. There’s a saturation point that should’ve be crossed

Like Favre, he probably has to have a stint at Minnesota before that happens
Well he knows how the cheat the system to pocket money from the state. could help them build the new stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One for the 2025 season thread potentially a game at the MCG.

Eww Rams. Well the 25 home schedule is 9ers, Cards, Seattle, Saints, Bucs, Texans, Colts, NFC North same place finish.

not sure how a NFL field would work there, The ground is huge so there would be so much empty space on the sidelines.
Also with the timezones and US regulations about holding games on Saturdays im not sure how it would work, unless its Melb cup weekend for SNF.
Unless they have a night game here where its a kickoff at like 5AM EST

Eww Rams. Well the 25 home schedule is 9ers, Cards, Seattle, Saints, Bucs, Texans, Colts, NFC North same place finish.

not sure how a NFL field would work there, The ground is huge so there would be so much empty space on the sidelines.
Also with the timezones and US regulations about holding games on Saturdays im not sure how it would work, unless its Melb cup weekend for SNF.
Unless they have a night game here where its a kickoff at like 5AM EST
A Saturday lunchtime game here, 12pm would be a Friday night in to NYC at 9pm and LA at 6pm.

Friday night back in the USA would be similar to the Brazil game.

49ers would be the logistical choice as you could get a direct flight to SF, and be home by the time of the West Coast afternoon kickoffs.

A Saturday lunchtime game here, 12pm would be a Friday night in to NYC at 9pm and LA at 6pm.

Friday night back in the USA would be similar to the Brazil game.

49ers would be the logistical choice as you could get a direct flight to SF, and be home by the time of the West Coast afternoon kickoffs.
No chance it's the 9ers. It's the Rams biggest game of the year only because it's 80% full of 9ers fans.
But who knows if the vic government and MCC can even get the cash the NFL ask for. Given the timezone and flight time it won't be cheap

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back