2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at Coburg today

Coburg played well today had more disposals, inside50s and tackles just could not convert their inside 50 entries.
Noah Cumberland kicked 1.6 for Richmond today, the goal came with a couple of minutes left

Richmond 13-15(93) def Coburg 9-7(61)

If the AFL truely cared about having a real state league competition in vic, then they would already have:

Kept the Development League
Proper funding
Not take over the NEAFL and make it a 20+ team competition that includes sides not based in Victoria
Real support for the stand alones especially those who are battling
Align it strongly with the Talent League
Actually have AFL Victoria continue to look after it, not the AFL

All of this little logic regarding decision making and commonsense makes you think if they actually did care they'd be realistic and sensible about it. Which they're not and never will be.

Nearly 3 decades of damage is perhaps too late to reverse.

The VFA was a rung below.
Only half a rung.

Geelong beat Frankston 18.5.113 to 6.13.49.

Very few positives to take out of today. Lachie Sharp was quite good on debut, has easily earned his spot. Newnes and Grey did some useful things, but for the most part it was an awful performance.

What irritated me the most was how easily we let Geelong push us out of marking contests and go coast to coast unopposed, then every now and then we switch on and play the style of game we played for the first four rounds.

They're capable of so much better, but that counts for nothing when you don't execute. Everyone who watched that game is going to look at Frankston and go "well they're not VFL standard" because that's what we've put on display.

Bitterly disappointed, and we should expect better.

Geelong beat Frankston 18.5.113 to 6.13.49.

Very few positives to take out of today. Lachie Sharp was quite good on debut, has easily earned his spot. Newnes and Grey did some useful things, but for the most part it was an awful performance.

What irritated me the most was how easily we let Geelong push us out of marking contests and go coast to coast unopposed, then every now and then we switch on and play the style of game we played for the first four rounds.

They're capable of so much better, but that counts for nothing when you don't execute. Everyone who watched that game is going to look at Frankston and go "well they're not VFL standard" because that's what we've put on display.

Bitterly disappointed, and we should expect better.
someone punched someone in the back of the head?

I was at Coburg today

Coburg played well today had more disposals, inside50s and tackles just could not convert their inside 50 entries.
Noah Cumberland kicked 1.6 for Richmond today, the goal came with a couple of minutes left

Richmond 13-15(93) def Coburg 9-7(61)
Fair to say it looks like the Tigers poor conversion kept it closer than it should have been….

someone punched someone in the back of the head?
Jackson Voss was apparently in a scuffle with a Geelong player behind play and the Geelong guy went down. I didn't see the hit itself but from what I heard from a few Frankston supporters post-game, it was a pretty poor act.

Just looked at the match replay. The camera doesn't show the whole incident but Voss seems to cop an accidental head knock as he kicks the ball, the camera pans away and the commentator mentions Voss being dealt with after the kick, then the camera pans back and the fight is on. My guess is that Vossy retailiated and took it too far. Judging by the way the Geelong players reacted, it was an ugly act. He's probably going to cop a lengthy suspension.

Unfourtunate that I wasn't filming at the time. I tend to record games with my phone but had just stopped the camera before the incident. I heard it compared to the Webster incident post-game, which is dissappointing from Vossy if true. That conduct is low from any player, but from a member of your leadership group it's extremely dissappointing.

If you want to see it yourself, go to 6:40 in the second quarter replay to have a look.

Jackson Voss was apparently in a scuffle with a Geelong player behind play and the Geelong guy went down. I didn't see the hit itself but from what I heard from a few Frankston supporters post-game, it was a pretty poor act.

Just looked at the match replay. The camera doesn't show the whole incident but Voss seems to cop an accidental head knock as he kicks the ball, the camera pans away and the commentator mentions Voss being dealt with after the kick, then the camera pans back and the fight is on. My guess is that Vossy retailiated and took it too far. Judging by the way the Geelong players reacted, it was an ugly act. He's probably going to cop a lengthy suspension.

Unfourtunate that I wasn't filming at the time. I tend to record games with my phone but had just stopped the camera before the incident. I heard it compared to the Webster incident post-game, which is dissappointing from Vossy if true. That conduct is low from any player, but from a member of your leadership group it's extremely dissappointing.

If you want to see it yourself, go to 6:40 in the second quarter replay to have a look.
Yeah, that must've been it! Apparently punched Clohesy in the back of the head. A contact said that they don't think they'll play another game this season (which I hard doubt)

Yeah, that was it! Apparently punched Clohesy in the back of the head. A contact said that they don't think they'll play another game this season (which I hard doubt)
We've played five games, so that would be a thirteen-match suspension. It won't be that long.

I've clipped the incident and put it on Youtube as unlisted. Here's the link to it.

We've played five games, so that would be a thirteen-match suspension. It won't be that long.

I've clipped the incident and put it on Youtube as unlisted. Here's the link to it.

how dare the camera operator follow the football. Keep your eyes on the action, mate!!! 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how dare the camera operator follow the football. Keep your eyes on the action, mate!!! 😂
Like I said, unfortunate that I stopped filming only moments before this happened.

I can't tell if the knock that Voss receives is intentional or just an accident, and we don't see what happened afterward. I'd hope that Vossy (who is in the leadership group) wouldn't try to knock a guy out over nothing.

Anyone have a Frosty Miller leader board hanging around? Can't seem to find one.
Billy Gowers Port 15
Tyler Sellars NM, Conor Stone GWS 14
Joe Richards Coll 13
Max Gruzewski GWS, Hudson Garoni Werribee 12
Josh Schache CD, Ben Long GCS, Samson Ryan Rich, Lance Collard Sandy all 11.

Last edited:
Billy Gowers Port 15
Tyler Sellars NM, Conor Stone GWS 14
Joe Richards Coll 13
Max Gruzewski GWS 12
Josh Schache CD, Ben Long GCS, Samson Ryan Rich, Lance Collard Sandy all 11.
So, who's second out of the non AFL listed players?

Are the Borough bandwagon back up and about after the win last night?

Are finals a chance again after two not so convincing consecutive wins over the two battling stand alones?

Are the Borough bandwagon back up and about after the win last night?

Are finals a chance again after two not so convincing consecutive wins over the two battling stand alones?
Must be forgetting Williamstown JUST got over the line against Coburg.. minus a sluggish first half of Q1 and Q3, Port dominated Coburg last night. We'll now get to see where they are at after their bye, playing 1st 2nd 5th 8th 3rd and 4th in that order for the next 6 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back