Autopsy AAMI Community Series: GWS v Collingwood (Giants Stadium, Sun 12.40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t need to read the thread as I already know what’s been said as I saw the Mason Cox thread was on top so apparently it’s all his fault, the experiment is over and Cameron should be in instead. Let’s remember he was one out because of no Freddy and checkers and the lack of defensive pressure in the forwards but fine. It’s all his fault, blah blah blah.

If we actually had a recruiting team that could get key forwards Mason would not have played as many games but you can only use what you have. Kelly is worse, he doesn’t get a kick in the VFL.

I don’t need to read the thread as I already know what’s been said as I saw the Mason Cox thread was on top so apparently it’s all his fault, the experiment is over and Cameron should be in instead. Let’s remember he was one out because of no Freddy and checkers and the lack of defensive pressure in the forwards but fine. It’s all his fault, blah blah blah.

If we actually had a recruiting team that could get key forwards Mason would not have played as many games but you can only use what you have. Kelly is worse, he doesn’t get a kick in the VFL.

and Dropping Marks and Running under a lot of them

My bad. But we were still more interested in Murphy, and even considered using pick 6 on him as Stepho was slated to go in the top 3.
I said it before, he was at 6 on our board, so for us to take him there it would have meant that every other player we rated i. The top 5 was gone, which was an unlikely scenario. We were super interested in Naughton apparently, wouldn’t be surprised if he was at 3 or 4 on our board that year, and I’m almost certain we would have selected him if Stephenson was gone at our pick.

I said it before, he was at 6 on our board, so for us to take him there it would have meant that every other player we rated i. The top 5 was gone, which was an unlikely scenario. We were super interested in Naughton apparently, wouldn’t be surprised if he was at 3 or 4 on our board that year, and I’m almost certain we would have selected him if Stephenson was gone at our pick.
I blame the blues. They could have selected him over Dow.

A bit of perspective:

The Giants played in a semi-final last year and we finished 2nd last. Surely we weren’t expecting to come out and demolish them?

Pros for mine are that ND looks a rolled gold superstar once again. **** me he’s good already….

Krueger’s aggression. Loved it.

Less backwards/sideways movement.

Fairly sure we had more inside 50’s that them, and bungled some easy opportunities. So weren’t as far off as the scoreboard suggested.

He couldn't stick a mark, but it was an improvement on last year as he brought everything to ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy has a dislocated ankle according to his cousin.

Feel sorry for the kid… has been through a lot with his body

but happy it forces the selectors to play someone else

Being in his 5th year at the club, Murphy is a known quantity for mine. And I don’t think he is up to AFL football

I'd give Noble a go up forward. When Quaynor comes in he'll take his place and Noble is quicker than Ginnivan and more of a ball magnet than MCceery.. Worth a trial. If nothing else he'd provide good defensive pressure.
I reckon he's a bit too fumbly for the forward line - anywhere really, but he can still contribute in other roles.

Howe, IQ, Mihocek & Kreuger should play round 1. Better news.

Yep. Today we struggled at stoppage, defending high balls and both small and tall forwards. Those 4 and Adams will help with all of those areas - except small forward - I think we're stuffed there for the year.

Yep. Today we struggled at stoppage, defending high balls and both small and tall forwards. Those 4 and Adams will help with all of those areas - except small forward - I think we're stuffed there for the year.
That’s always been a problem area for us.We haven’t had a true crumbing forward since Krakouer was here,
almost a decade ago.

Nick Daicos reminded me a bit of GAJ, just me?

Actually his awareness and time and space where there is none reminds me of someone else, never thought we'd ever see another player with the ability to predict where and the ball and opposition will be before it happens as well as the incumbent.

If there is one guy that could be half as good at that ability, we saw it today.

Welcome Nick Pendlebury.

I reckon he's a bit too fumbly for the forward line - anywhere really, but he can still contribute in other roles.

Interesting on Noble, yes he can be fumbly, certainly not our worst, but boy couple of very accurate disposals, particularly to Freddy in the centre.

In saying that I think he'd be lost at sea forward, he gives drive off half back, the problem is he's pretty poor one on one defending - doesn't have that size or stature.

Actually his awareness and time and space where there is none reminds me of someone else, never thought we'd ever see another player with the ability to predict where and the ball and opposition will be before it happens as well as the incumbent.

If there is one guy that could be half as good at that ability, we saw it today.

Welcome Nick Pendlebury.
With more pace and a more attacking version too. He's going to cut some teams up. Jeez he looked good.

Interesting on Noble, yes he can be fumbly, certainly not our worst, but boy couple of very accurate disposals, particularly to Freddy in the centre.

In saying that I think he'd be lost at sea forward, he gives drive off half back, the problem is he's pretty poor one on one defending - doesn't have that size or stature.
I like him - but he does have some pretty significant weaknesses.

Today has just given a bit of perspective. We looked good against Hawthorn, but they look like being crap this year. In any case it's still early days. It will take time to fully bed down the new game plan & we are still in the process of identifying the players who can execute it. Remember how shit North were early last season? By the second half of the year, they were playing some good footy. Patience is required. And Nick Daicos is well on the way to being that rarest of players in these over-hyped times - a superstar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back