Toast Adam Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.

No Cox/Judd/Cousins/Kerr to drag this team over the line, we were also lucky with injuries in 2006 and then when we lost those players at various points from 2007 onwards Woosha got exposed.

Simmo had a system that got us to the 2015 GF, then had a rethink and rejigged the system that took us to the flag three years later.

If we win another under Simmo he overtakes Malthouse imo.
Yep add Darren glass and Adam Hunter. But this year we lost 3 a graders in Sheppard, Gaff and Nic Nat plus JK missed half the season and we still won The flag. If we win one more he will be better off than Malthouse

Unsure as to the best place for this, but I think it speaks very well to the culture Simmo has helped to create, so here goes.

At the Eagles post game function in Melbourne last night, a few of the boys were trying to hang their premiership medals on Oscar Allen. He didn’t let them, wouldn’t even let his teammates hand them to him, and said he didn’t want to touch a premiership medal until he’d won one.

I ******* love this football club.
Yep add the no sun glasses at the celebration day in Perth, the cleaning up the change rooms, even when they celebrated the flag in the team meeting. Everyone when dead quiet when Shannon Hurn speaks. That is culture, that is respect. I love my club.

Yep add Darren glass and Adam Hunter. But this year we lost 3 a graders in Sheppard, Gaff and Nic Nat plus JK missed half the season and we still won The flag. If we win one more he will be better off than Malthouse
Wirra and embers were A graders as well

West Coast won 4 consecutive games in May including against top 4 rivals Richmond and Hawthorn without Shuey and Ryan plus GWS at Spotless minus McGovern, Shuey, Nic Nat and Ryan.

The 2006 Eagles had a star studded midfield but the 2018 Eagles work as a whole team. We won a Prelim and Grand Final minus Nic Nat, Sheppard and Gaff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

even when they celebrated the flag in the team meeting. Everyone when dead quiet when Shannon Hurn speaks. That is culture, that is respect. I love my club.

When Hurny was 'ticking the last box' I would have expected to see what we saw.

The team mantra of 3 X F's had been achieved and all that remained was a symbolic tick in the last box & then the boys went wild.

And good on em too.

What an inspired choice.

It's fair to say he grew into the role.

Carries an air of a man in control.

And turned over those players that needed to go, humanely.
Agree, he has the group and knows how to shuffle his pawns to use its best strengths on his many game plans.
He has also built the list as we all wished too 5 years ago, quick and talented small fwds, mids and fast rebounding defenders. #INSIMMOWETRUST

Yep Wordfold had the best midfield the game has ever seen cousins, Kerr, Judd and Cox.

Simmo did it with far less Talent, but more astute coaching, more sustainable game style.

We may not have quite the Deluxe A+++ Midfield, of 2006, but I think you are underselling the quality of our list.

JK, JD, Lecras, Cripps, Rioli and Ryan as a forwardline is about as quality a forwardline as you could have.

Hurn, Gov and Jetta as experience in the backline with some solid youth in Duggan, Barrass and Cole. Add in Schoey’s performance on the day, creates a pretty unstoppable backline

Yeo, Shuey, Redden as the leaders of the midfield with Sheed playing one of best games and Hutch owning Sidebum.

I would actually love to see 2018 vs 2006, I think it’s almost impossible to pick a winner.

Having said all that I think Simmo has gotten the absolute best out of every single player on the team.

Our 2006 team would have died for our forward line..

C Braun Kerr Embley
R Cox Judd Cousins

HF Ryan Darling Cripps
FF Lecras Kennedy Rioli

Add in the 92/94 backline

Hart McIntosh Brennan
Worsfold Jakovich McKenna

Boy, 1% of Eagles fans are really, really hard to please.

DqKQlcdUUAA2gqZ.jpg

Any fans can answer those surveys purporting as eagles fans, I may have been tempted myself on some other teams surveys...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back