Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t whacked the hub for a while so better get one in.

Did they put the fixture together this year at the Christmas party lunch?

What is with a split round now? Season just getting going, plenty of interest in footy around the traps and Bendigo just disappears for a week for no apparent reason.

Haven’t whacked the hub for a while so better get one in.

Did they put the fixture together this year at the Christmas party lunch?

What is with a split round now? Season just getting going, plenty of interest in footy around the traps and Bendigo just disappears for a week for no apparent reason.
Is interleague been played?
The fixture for the opening round was horrible

Is interleague been played?
The fixture for the opening round was horrible

Stand alone round for the power clubs - I know Castlemaine and Maryborough had Easter but to be honest I think that’s because the hub wanted Easter off for the second year in a row. Also the sadvertiser is keeping up - 2 articles this week about sandhurst - seriously it’s laughable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stand alone round for the power clubs - I know Castlemaine and Maryborough had Easter but to be honest I think that’s because the hub wanted Easter off for the second year in a row. Also the sadvertiser is keeping up - 2 articles this week about sandhurst - seriously it’s laughable

You had your stand alone game. Start writing some articles

You had your stand alone game. Start writing some articles

I wouldn’t send my articles through to be approved by AFLCV that’s for sure - it’s sickening how bad it’s got. Local media should be challenging and creating discussion . they are simply too frightened to write an article that might upset somebody in the bendigo secret handshake club.
Pathetic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t send my articles through to be approved by AFLCV that’s for sure - it’s sickening how bad it’s got. Local media should be challenging and creating discussion . they are simply too frightened to write an article that might upset somebody in the bendigo secret handshake club.
Pathetic

Get real!

Write an article a week and post it here. Genuinely

Pathetic

You are certainly correct that coverage is at its lowest ebb.

The addy are clearly not even attending most games now, just writing reports based on the info on play hq.

The lack of scrutiny and accountability driven by the media is sorely lacking off field as well. It’s sad to see.

These are the reasons Castlemaine struggle to sustain a football club:

1. Small Population: Castlemaine might have a relatively small population, which means there's a limited pool of players, supporters, and sponsors to draw from. This can make it challenging to maintain a sustainable club structure.

2. Limited Resources: The town might have limited financial resources compared to larger cities or towns, making it difficult to invest in facilities, coaching staff, and other necessities for running a successful football club.

3. Competition from Nearby Clubs: If there are other football clubs in the region that are more established or successful, they may attract players, supporters, and sponsors away from Castlemaine's club, further undermining its sustainability.

4. Geographical Isolation: If Castlemaine is geographically isolated or located far from major population centers, it may face challenges in terms of travel expenses for away games, as well as difficulties in attracting talent from outside the area.

5. Changing Demographics: If the demographics of Castlemaine are changing, with younger generations showing less interest in football or preferring other sports or recreational activities, it can be challenging to maintain a sustainable fan base and player recruitment pipeline.

6. Infrastructure Issues: The town might lack adequate sports facilities or infrastructure, such as quality playing fields or clubhouses, which can hinder the club's ability to attract players and supporters.

Addressing these challenges would likely require a concerted effort from the local community, government support, and strategic planning by club officials to find creative solutions and ensure the long-term sustainability of the football club in Castlemaine.

1. Small Population: Castlemaine might have a relatively small population, which means there's a limited pool of players, supporters, and sponsors to draw from. This can make it challenging to maintain a sustainable club structure.

2. Limited Resources: The town might have limited financial resources compared to larger cities or towns, making it difficult to invest in facilities, coaching staff, and other necessities for running a successful football club.

3. Competition from Nearby Clubs: If there are other football clubs in the region that are more established or successful, they may attract players, supporters, and sponsors away from Castlemaine's club, further undermining its sustainability.

4. Geographical Isolation: If Castlemaine is geographically isolated or located far from major population centers, it may face challenges in terms of travel expenses for away games, as well as difficulties in attracting talent from outside the area.

5. Changing Demographics: If the demographics of Castlemaine are changing, with younger generations showing less interest in football or preferring other sports or recreational activities, it can be challenging to maintain a sustainable fan base and player recruitment pipeline.

6. Infrastructure Issues: The town might lack adequate sports facilities or infrastructure, such as quality playing fields or clubhouses, which can hinder the club's ability to attract players and supporters.

Addressing these challenges would likely require a concerted effort from the local community, government support, and strategic planning by club officials to find creative solutions and ensure the long-term sustainability of the football club in Castlemaine.
ChatGBT to the rescue of Castlemaine?

Might, might, may, may, might. Sounds like you’re all across it.

Thanks cam for taking the time to read big footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back