Prediction Bold Predictions ... the 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

So who had “Global Pandemic”, “Collingwood move their home ground to the Gabba”, and “Trade out Jayden Stephenson” on their 2020 bingo cards this time last year?

We’ve got a bunch of things already that give clues to what could happen in 2021.

The pandemic is in hiatus here, but out in the big wide world it is raging at the same time as a vaccine is being rolled out.

We’ve got Ed handing over and stepping down.

We’ve got Buckley at the end of his contract.

We’ve got a new footy manager to come on board.

We’ve got upgrades to Vic Park and Holden Centre that will be at various stages.

We’ve just turned over nearly a quarter of the list and have a stack of fresh faces at the club.

In amongst all that, what are your bold predictions for 2021?

Pies win the 2021 Premiership of course.

jmac70 to be at the game with a glass of full strength beer in his hand watching Collingwood overtake Carlton in their head-to-head record.

Will Kelly will establish himself as Collingwoods most promising forward by end of 2021

Will Kelly will establish himself as Collingwoods most promising forward by end of 2021

I agree with this. He, Moore and mihocek me will become our trident. And like Poseidon wielding it in anger, it’ll cat swathes through opposition back lines.

Another prediction is that McRae wil average 22+ per game and be top 3 in rising star.

can’t wait to see the new youngsters.

BF to monitor Stephenson and Treloar with one or more longrunning threads that discuss the decision to trade them...You might even see threads for Phillips and Atu.

Unfortunately, some of the the efforts of young Jayden left us no choice. We won’t regret this decision

Unfortunately, some of the the efforts of young Jayden left us no choice. We won’t regret this decision
Some of his efforts were diabolical but I think the whole hub life and being a boy from the eastern suburbs who didn't cope being away from home needs to be factored in. Maybe he goes full "I'm a stuff up" and burns his career but i think he is more likely to become a NM great over the next decade. Was by far our best talent in the young brigade.

Onfield
- Adams takes over the reins as captain in season 2021
- We don’t start off too badly, but we then fall away quickly when things start not going well and our depth is tested.

Off-field
- We have a mini board exodus in Feb
- Nick Maxwell becomes footy manager
- Ed steps down mid-season (discovers it’s pointless being a lame duck)
- Buckley’s contract is not renewed. Maybe he jumps before he’s pushed.
- Start of a period of upheaval at the club that’ll last a few years (generally happens when a strong leader voluntarily stands down)

Onfield
- Adams takes over the reins as captain in season 2021
- We don’t start off too badly, but we then fall away quickly when things start not going well and our depth is tested.

Off-field
- We have a mini board exodus in Feb
- Nick Maxwell becomes footy manager
- Ed steps down mid-season (discovers it’s pointless being a lame duck)
- Buckley’s contract is not renewed. Maybe he jumps before he’s pushed.
- Start of a period of upheaval at the club that’ll last a few years (generally happens when a strong leader voluntarily stands down)
Would seem very likely. Wonder whether, given the announcement was made without the boards knowledge, he has given himself time to get the necessary steps in order. Once they are and his successor known he could easily move on early

Will Kelly to channel the spirit of Nuts Coventry.
Rantell to be the next Geoff Raines
Trey Ruscoe to emulate Allen Jakovich (in his one great year) every year for 10 years.
Bianco to be our new midget CHB re Daniels from the dogs
Howe to stand on J Camerons fat head and take mark of the ever.
Pies to start a dynasty by pantsing Tigers by 50 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might not sound bold, but it might be a good development year for players and game style

That of course relies on the coaching panel lifting their game, that's the bold bit. Surely now the coaching panel must realize the faults of game style and will have to vastly improve. If they do that then we're in contention, if they don't it's gonna be a long year and may end the careers at the Pies as coaches.

Henry and Rantall to both play 10+ games.

McCreery to debut early in the year.

Sier to play less than 10 games.

Moore, Adams, Grundy and Quaynor (yep) all AA.

Finish 5th or 6th but lose a preliminary final.

That's all I've got.
If we have 4 AAs we finish much higher than 5th or 6th

We get to watch games in person at the G. Hopefully not too presumptuous there.

Daring to dream here, supporters give Ed a standing ovation in the last game which is the GF while Buckley invites him up on the dais to hold cup.

Ruslan Kogan elected new Collingwood President.
All Legends Members receive a free TV.
Other Members a DVD player.
Non member Collingwood supporters a toaster.
Rostoff finally appointEd as senior coach.
Outgoing President pardons Walsh & Ned Guy.
Also pardons Dane Swan for any future indiscretions.

Last edited:
Some of his efforts were diabolical but I think the whole hub life and being a boy from the eastern suburbs who didn't cope being away from home needs to be factored in. Maybe he goes full "I'm a stuff up" and burns his career but i think he is more likely to become a NM great over the next decade. Was by far our best talent in the young brigade.

If he can go from tin man to lion, then we will be watching him cause havoc for many years to come.

I have no doubt teams will hunt him and render him useless. That chink in his armour was too widely exposed.
Imagine how he is going to react when Maynard allows him to get the ball.

Jack Ginniven to be Rookie of the year
Henrie to be an established forward just like Stepho in his first year.
A surprising top 8 finish
A much quicker and more direct brand of footy. ( Buckley's job will depend on it )
A few beers at the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back