Up the Coasters Brilliant. Just ******* Brilliant (Positives and Negatives vs Narrm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoying footy again is so much fun. Harley Reid is making me go to other teams boards, opening their “Opposition discussion” thread, just so I can read more about how good Harley Reid is.

It’s Fckn tragic but I don’t care
The MB thread on Harley is great too, it’s just nice to read positive things about a young player (9 games and still a teenager hard to believe) and all footy fans enjoying his work. I mean what genuine footy lover doesn’t get excited at this!

I also love his attitude, he just isn’t phased. The media won’t get to him, they can hype him up, spin him around, put him on the front and back pages every week…he won’t care, he just wants to play footy and he knows how to do it!

It’s amazing how happy a game of footy can make you, I woke up this morning and all I can think about is REPLAY TODAY REPLAY TODAY WOOOOOO.
I LOVE this club and our coach through all our ups and downs and again we rise. The last few years have been tough but we never stay down long.

I got nothing negative, nothing.
Just love, pure love.

The MB thread on Harley is great too, it’s just nice to read positive things about a young player (9 games and still a teenager hard to believe)
What is this MB thread you speak of? I lile being nice and insular in this one.
But just in case i want to try something different, what is it? I wasn't able to find one more than 5 posts long using the search.

What is this MB thread you speak of? I lile being nice and insular in this one.
But just in case i want to try something different, what is it? I wasn't able to find one more than 5 posts long using the search.

a) Much cleaner at the contest
b) Less fumbling
c) Ginbey, Reid, Kelly were brilliant
d) Scoring from forward half intercepts
e) Forwards were excellent and great forward half pressures

From afar, did anyone see Misty's improvement coming?

He's teased and teased but, somehow, he demands the aggott and his games come attached with week by week multiple goals.

Misty.
Allen.
Darling.

You guys have a fun problem to have.

Then, you have Jack Williams in the wings.

Something about tall West Coast Eagles forwards and the first initial J.

From afar, did anyone see Misty's improvement coming?

He's teased and teased but, somehow, he demands the aggott and his games come attached with week by week multiple goals.

Misty.
Allen.
Darling.

You guys have a fun problem to have.

Then, you have Jack Williams in the wings.

Something about tall West Coast Eagles forwards and the first initial J.
He had a career best start to the season last year, albeit with Allen the focal point. Tapered off, which was explained by his illness. Always been a FF, just stuck behind JK, Allen and Darling as #1.

Hopefully they keep him as the main man when Allen gets back.

Well done Coasters.

Thoroughly deserved the win and you blokes were certainly worked us over with your run and spread as well as being able to beat us in the contest.

Have huge admiration for Jake Waterman. The guy is an absolute gun and huge respect for turning his career around.

Harley Reid.. wowee.. found myself clapping how good this kid/man was playing which is a rarity when my team is playing against the opposition. Please for the love of god sign him up for 10+ years.

I’m being a real plane nerd but unless Virgin has some special 737’s set aside for the AFL teams then they only have 8 business seats on them. I used to fly on them twice a week for work, they only have 2 rows of 4 seats.

If the media is going to kick up a fuss about a fraction of the club sitting up front, they could at least get the number of seats right.

There are only 8 seats but 12 players have to share. Cripps and JD are known for sitting together and cuddling the entire trip

I don't think either of Edwards or Sheed are slow at full flight. It's all about acceleration.

They're not as quick up to speed as even Duggan, who would be like an AFL average, with Kelly slightly quicker, then Reid/Yeo and someone like Ryan or Petch at the top end (carrying less weight than bigger mids).

In congestion they're more likely to move sideways to avoid pressure, but can look slow if their opponent has a quick first 10m then they're gone before you know it.

Some of Sheed's runs yesterday he showed enough pace to play AFL, as long as he's switched on and not flat footed he'll be fine.

As a clearance player he is more the in and under the ruck tap, handball out from your knees style of clearance player, doesn't often grab it on the move.

Also, noticed Witho has become a bit of a leader in the backline. Often is quick to go up and praise a fellow defender's good work and helps organise the defensive structure quickly.

Ofcourse, also helps that he is playing good, consistent footy but he is definitely doing his bit to add to the good team spirit going on atm.
There's so much information online these days (articles, podcasts, videos etc) that I won't be able to find it ... but during pre-season I recall Simpson or someone involved with the Eagles commenting on his organisational skills and how he's always switched onto the game and directing others.

I think this is basically what Hurn used to do so well, was always in the game for himself and everyone else. Not looking upfield wondering how JK is going.

While I think it looks bad when Sheed points and yells at stoppages or mans the mark (because he's been in bad form), I hardly think this is him being selfish or he'd surely get roasted by the coaches, I believe he would understand what Shuey is trying to get done at the stoppage and just be making sure people are in position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just yesterday but the 3 wins have been comfortable margins.

If we were scraping over the line by a goal there could be comments of luck etc but the wins, by 39 ,37 and 35, have been solid.

Great signs

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone is talking about how they are loving seeing the players happy and Simmo smiling, and yes that is awesome for them.

But us as fans be it in Perth or interstate, have stuck strong and supported the club, not always positive, but our membership has stayed strong when other clubs drop off in poor times, it has been a frustrating few years watching the club implode and be so poor, it's now time for us to get have some joy out of football, how ****ing good is it going into the weekend with some hope and not thinking how much are we going to get flogged by massive margins.

That is my positive out of this weekend, we can all enjoy footy again, win or lose the effort has been there since rd4.

Simmo when asked about our ball movement, said "our kick ins were going alright"
what changed? we didn't ******* kick out to the right. this one doesn't feel like a personnel, although gov hasn't played as much as wed like, but surely we have had the ability for a forward to come up into space for a kick in at some point in the last 2 years.
this cant be the first and only time a team has given us that option.
Weird one to be mad about tonight, but why haven't we tried that at any point ever :(
Been trying to do this all year. Pretty sure the commentators gave a stat during the game about the Eagles being near the top from goal's from kick ins for the year.

Our best game of say last 3 years? I thought we legit had 4 players have best games they ever played in Ginbey, B.Williams , Hough and Reid.

Big kudos to Bailey Williams though. He was just superb. Ill eat my words on that. I was certain he would get crushed and he just manned up for this game and was 1000% up for it.

The weakness of our team is still there in our wingers. Fix that in this off season and i suspect we can compete week in week out as opposed to just pop up on certain days

Simmo when asked about our ball movement, said "our kick ins were going alright"
what changed? we didn't ******* kick out to the right. this one doesn't feel like a personnel, although gov hasn't played as much as wed like, but surely we have had the ability for a forward to come up into space for a kick in at some point in the last 2 years.
this cant be the first and only time a team has given us that option.
Weird one to be mad about tonight, but why haven't we tried that at any point ever :(
Kick in tactic is clear as day to me. Pack one side of the ground and have a forward make a 100m lead up the ground for McGovern to find lace out.

We did this a good 5 times today. Most notable one was Waterman literally making 100m lead which took him a good 1 minute to complete mind you but we hit him on the chest and simply split Demons open after.

Its how to use the fact we have so many tall leading forwards to our advantage really. Not many teams can swap Ryan, Darling, Waterman, Maric out as players to lead and take a contested grab. Just using a strength to our advantage, with what you lose and that can be defensive pressure on the half backs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back