Carlton AFLW/VFLW Media, Training Reports, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 12 August, IKON Park

Backs:
G. Lawson-Tavan, V. Laloifi, H. Cordner, K. Peterson, A. Velardo

Mids: M. Anthony, J. Good, M.Hill, E. Fitzpatrick, K. Sherar, B.Vickers

Forwards: M. Austin, J. Dal Pos, B. Moody, D. Vescio, K. Skepper

Interchange: M. Hendrie, L. Goss, D. Finn, A. Lee, I. Milford, D. Walker, T. Ortlepp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Practice Match -

Match details:

Sydney v Carlton
Saturday 19 August 1:05pm (AEST)
SCG

Gates open at 12:40pm

Livestream will be available via the Club website

Carlton squad v Sydney

1. Amelia Velardo, 2. Jess Dal Pos, 3. Darcy Vescio, 4. Keeley Skepper, 5. Abbie McKay, 8. Mua Laloifi, 9. Kerryn Peterson, 10. Mimi Hill, 11. Annie Lee, 12. Jess Good, 14. Marianna Anthony, 16. Brea Moody, 17. Dayna Finn, 19. Erone Fitzpatrick, 20. Lily Goss, 21. Harriet Cordner, 22. Mia Austin, 23. Daisy Walker, 24. Brooke Vickers, 25. Keeley Sherar, 27. Gen Lawson-Tavan, 34. Taylor Ortlepp, 49. Maddy Hendrie

Milford out for McKay the only change I think.

Noting that of our best 21 from last year (that are still around), there’s been no sign of Pound or Trudgeon in either match.

Some players might just not be getting time in the praccys because they're walk up starts round 1, or they're injured?

Watched the AFLW practice match against Sydney on the live stream, again worrying signs early. Last week the reigning premiers pantsed us, this week a team that struggled last year were well on top of us for the first half. Unable to get the score on the board, blew a couple of good chances, but still in general play being beaten to my eye.

Different outfit after half time. Q3 we finally got on the scoreboard and closed to within 8 points with the momentum our way. Pressed hard in Q4, got to within a goal but lost by 9 after they goaled after the siren.

Much improved on last week, but the quality of opponent much reduced. In particular we were much better outside the contest this week.

Moody huge as usual, usual suspects stood except for Vescio who I thought was generally quiet. Mia Austin looked good as did the 2 new Irish girls especially Erone Fitzpatrick, they both add run and speed and if they are on an upward curve look out opposition.

Overall more light on the horizon than last week, or indeed half time, but we need to get value for our forward entries. With Vescio, Austin and Skepper up forward and Moody drifting forward we have the talent, the defence is solid and the midfield has quality individuals so there is something to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back