Carlton in no man's land

Remove this Banner Ad

Where to for Carlton if St Kilda poach Weitering?
There's a good chance he'll take the $1.5m per year offer as he really needs the cash, and I can't see Carlton matching it as that's not what clubs do under Brian Cook.
What exactly are they trading for him? We'd be asking for two top 10 picks and a player for Weitering lmao.

0 chance of happening.

I just don't understand why the Blues aren't top 2.

I looked at the list and popped a bet on for the Premiership at decent odds.

Maybe Crazy Vossy just isn't up to it?
Might be something to do with having 15 players currently on the injury list while going through the toughest 9 week stretch in footy

We may barely scrape into the 8 at this rate but still think we're capable of beating anyone on our day other than Sydney when we're up and going.

Unfortunately our list in imbalanced so a few key injuries to role players seems to effect our structure and system more than others and more than we can afford to when it comes to making top 2 or even top 4.

Will need to be addressed in the off season.

He's an unrestricted free agent next year so the Saints would be smart to wait until then.
And by then he'll have had 2 years of earning close to a million dollars since the Nigerian prince fiasco and potentially be challenging for a flag while the Saints are looking like a bottom 4 team.

Even though ur trolling, the chances of him leaving are still 0

Might be something to do with having 15 players currently on the injury list while going through the toughest 9 week stretch in footy

We may barely scrape into the 8 at this rate but still think we're capable of beating anyone on our day other than Sydney when we're up and going.

Unfortunately our list in imbalanced so a few key injuries to role players seems to effect our structure and system more than others and more than we can afford to when it comes to making top 2 or even top 4.

Ding ding ding! Sir Excuse'A Lot is back, with the ONLY reason given for lack of top 2 being some missing personnel. I've noticed this is no longer even a consensus opinion among Carlton supporters, but Walshy won't give in.

Interesting to double down on this after being ridiculed for it so heavily for weeks.

OK. Lets circle back then - some good points in here.

A top 2 team playing 8 minutes from mummy's couch doesn't have a "toughest 9 week stretch", so let's just get that out of the way first.

Injuries have hit a few teams hard, Carton being one of them. All teams deal with injuries. I can see Cerra would help. He's a loss. We knew Doc and Martin would be a "maybe/maybe not' proposal as we went in. No surprises there.

Can you you tell me the injured players who would instantly make the team better outside who I mention? Genuinely curious as I don't' watch as much of the Blues as you do.

A top 2 team playing 8 minutes from mummy's couch doesn't have a "toughest 9 week stretch", so let's just get that out of the way first.

Injuries have hit a few teams hard, Carton being one of them. All teams deal with injuries. I can see Cerra would help. He's a loss. We knew Doc and Martin would be a "maybe/maybe not' proposal as we went in. No surprises there.

Can you you tell me the injured players who would instantly make the team better outside who I mention? Genuinely curious as I don't' watch as much of the Blues as you do.
Saad, Fogarty, Motlop, Cottrell.

Then again at various stages they were missing a combination of Gov, Marchbank and Williams and have played no better/worse whether those players have featured or not. Arguably their best form of the season came without Weitering and Walsh. Games +/- Cerra hasn't seemed to affect their midfield output. So it isn't as simple as form matching your availability.

Chief Aphrodite do we have any therapists or clinics as sponsors? There's some Kent that's been going off his rocker at Carlton fans for the last month now every chance he gets and I'm a bit worried for him. Seems a classic case of undiagnosed PDD to me.

Would be happy to chuck in a few bucks if it helps him get back to being able to read posts on here without descending into a full blown temper tantrum.

Chief Aphrodite do we have any therapists or clinics as sponsors? There's some Kent that's been going off his rocker at Carlton fans for the last month now every chance he gets and I'm a bit worried for him. Seems a classic case of undiagnosed PDD to me.

Would be happy to chuck in a few bucks if it helps him get back to being able to read posts on here without descending into a full blown temper tantrum.
Still whinging about being called out for whinging, with tantrums like the above. It's pretty much just you acting like this now, hence the call outs.

Happy to see you are acknowledging each and every instance once again, now.

The mental health trolling I believe is frowned upon on, but I'm not a whinger like you so it doesn't really bother me. Just some advice in case you were trying to appear clever.

This is the nine-game stretch being mentioned and I have included the likely ladder positions (if results go as expected today) at the end of Round 10 of those teams. Mind you we also played Giants/Cats when they were undefeated.
Round 6: GWS (7th)
Round 7: Geelong (5th)
Round 8: Collingwood (6th)
Round 9: Melbourne (3rd)
Round 10: Sydney (1st)
Round 11: Gold Coast (8th)
Round 12: Port Adelaide (4th)
Round 13: Essendon (2nd)
Round 14: BYE
Round 15: Geelong (5th)

So we play pretty much the top 8 teams every game for a 9-week patch. We play 4 interstate teams in that run and two are away (Swans/Port) whilst the other two are at Marvel (Giants/Suns). I think you will struggle to find a much harder patch in any other team's fixture.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're going to start setting up GoFundMe pages for loose units on here it could get costly

I'd say a draw of GWS, Geelong, Collingwood, Melbourne, Sydney (A), GCS, Port (A), Essendon and Geelong again is about as hard as it gets this year. It's tough to find form and confidence in the middle of that run while losing players as there's no easy beat to find a bit of form while we're going through some issues as a team. Pies and Brisbane have been through similar this season but we're able to get their confidence back with a few easy wins over bottom teams recently. We haven't got to that part of our fixture yet.

Injury wise, we're just missing our speed at the moment. Those missing aren't all the greatest players but line for line we're just a slow team right now. Kennedy, Cripps, Weitering, Hollands, Hewett etc, they need some run on the outside badly.

Docherty, Saad, Martin, Cuningham, Fogarty, Motlop, Cottrell, they all provide some pace that we need to balance our list on field imo. Cerra is probably our 2nd best out as a player behind Saad, but he's much of the same for us so I don't really consider him a major out. Silvagni the same.

Sydney is the best side in it but I think any neutral who watched that game would have been thinking geez Carlton look slow, and we are at the moment. We don't have anyone who can get out the back side or chase down a quicker player atm.

Anyway, there's also things that just aren't working with our system atm and a few players who have just been straight up shite which needs to be dealt with... Right now there's no replacements available in the wings with 27-28 fit players and we can't seem to get our system clicking with 2-3 forced changes every week.

This is the nine-week stretch being mentioned and I have included the likely ladder positions (if results go as expected today) at the end of Round 10 of those teams. Mind you we also played Giants/Cats when they were undefeated.
Round 6: GWS (7th)
Round 7: Geelong (5th)
Round 8: Collingwood (6th)
Round 9: Melbourne (3rd)
Round 10: Sydney (1st)
Round 11: Gold Coast (8th)
Round 12: Port Adelaide (4th)
Round 13: Essendon (2nd)
Round 14: Geelong (5th)

So we play pretty much the top 8 teams every game for a 9-week patch. We play 4 interstate teams in that run and two are away (Swans/Port) whilst the other two are at Marvel (Giants/Suns). I think you will struggle to find a much harder patch in any other team's fixture.
Ok. Good response. Lets have a look.

10 games. 9 games at 'home' then West Coast in WA. Dream run for a top 2 team. Let's put that to bed hey?

I know it wasn't you, but lets also address the 'injures' list.

Cerra is a loss, but hearing he's back in a couple of weeks. Who else? Maybe Saad, but I doubt Vossy was pinning his hopes on a 30 year old half back..or maybe he was? Who can tell.

Ok. Good response. Lets have a look.

10 games. 9 games at 'home' then West Coast in WA. Dream run for a top 2 team. Let's put that to bed hey?

I know it wasn't you, but lets also address the 'injures' list.

Cerra is a loss, but hearing he's back in a couple of weeks. Who else? Maybe Saad, but I doubt Vossy was pinning his hopes on a 30 year old half back..or maybe he was? Who can tell.
You had two genuine responses from posters after asking for them and reverted to straight trolling in response. Poor form.

I'd say a draw of GWS, Geelong, Collingwood, Melbourne, Sydney (A), GCS, Port (A), Essendon and Geelong again is about as hard as it gets this year. It's tough to find form and confidence in the middle of that run while losing players as there's no easy beat to find a bit of form while we're going through some issues as a team. Pies and Brisbane have been through similar this season but we're able to get their confidence back with a few easy wins over bottom teams recently. We haven't got to that part of our fixture yet.

Injury wise, we're just missing our speed at the moment. Those missing aren't all the greatest players but line for line we're just a slow team right now. Kennedy, Cripps, Weitering, Hollands, Hewett etc, they need some run on the outside badly.

Docherty, Saad, Martin, Cuningham, Fogarty, Motlop, Cottrell, they all provide some pace that we need to balance our list on field imo. Cerra is probably our 2nd best out as a player behind Saad, but he's much of the same for us so I don't really consider him a major out. Silvagni the same.

Sydney is the best side in it but I think any neutral who watched that game would have been thinking geez Carlton look slow, and we are at the moment. We don't have anyone who can get out the back side or chase down a quicker player atm.

Anyway, there's also things that just aren't working with our system atm and a few players who have just been straight up shite which needs to be dealt with... Right now there's no replacements available in the wings with 27-28 fit players and we can't seem to get our system clicking with 2-3 forced changes every week.
oops, just replied to this. Thanks for the names though. Doc and Martin are known quantities.

Saad is 30 next year.

Cunningham, Fogarty and Cotrell is the list.

Not sure I'd be smashing the 'injury' excuse just yet but one of two of Curnow, Cripps and Walsh then things will get interesting, Meh - it's all a bit moot. Ever team deals with injuries (or players leaving). Cerra and Acres for example. Oh, You're welcome by the way,

You had two genuine responses from posters after asking for them and reverted to straight trolling in response. Poor form.
What? I most certainly was not.

I'm having a discussion about "Carlton in No Mans Land" (which I disagreed with)

I'm looking at where I think they should finish (top 2) and why they may be under preforming.

How you find that trolling says more about you than I good Sir.

oops, just replied to this. Thanks for the names though. Doc and Martin are known quantities.

Saad is 30 next year.

Cunningham, Fogarty and Cotrell is the list.

Not sure I'd be smashing the 'injury' excuse just yet but one of two of Curnow, Cripps and Walsh then things will get interesting, Meh - it's all a bit moot. Ever team deals with injuries (or players leaving). Cerra and Acres for example. Oh, You're welcome by the way,
Saad is 29 in the prime of his career wtf are u even talking about...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back