Preview Cats v Doggies Sat April 6th 810 pm @ AO - Gather Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the dogs will beat us here. With the short break and that dangerous midfield I can’t see us getting up.

Will be 4-1 at the end of next week after we surely account for North which is still a great position.
Nope. Can’t agree. Our forward line is top class. Our mids are holding up. The defence is going well even with SDK struggling. Kolo is playing particularly well and Jack is improving .
Duncan is playing at his classy best.

Don't understand this talk about managing young players, if fit they play.
I understand there has been a change in the guard in relation to football mentality and sport across the world - lots of old school ballers getting pissed off about star players taking rest days etc... however it is plain to see that we have athletes playing better for longer due to conditioning, fitness and sports science. I'd like Conway to play, but sacrificing his health at a really critical age for ruckmen for one game? No. This is a ten year ruckman we are talking about - and I can list off all the Leungbergers, McIntoshs, Naitanuis and Max Baileys who had their careers cut short due to overload and injury toll as evidence as to why you can't just play fit kids without consideration of consequence.

Nope. Can’t agree. Our forward line is top class. Our mids are holding up. The defence is going well even with SDK struggling. Kolo is playing particularly well and Jack is improving .
Duncan is playing at his classy best.
I agree with everything you say but also think we may struggle against the dogs.

They are good at what we are bad at. Conversely are good at what they're bad at. It'll be close

Honestly beats CatToTheFuture hands down. I couldn't think of anything else
Well I thought mine was terribly creative and clever at the time only to see another regular poster with an almost identical name to mine, except he/she thought of it years prior to my brilliant brainwave so that was embarrassing and half the reason I rarely post haha

..having said that tho we had a hawks poster in here recently with a name something like 'back one out' so it could always be worse :tearsofjoy:

Quite relaxed about this game. Last round last year showed clearly they need us playing a VFL team to win.
For some reason we've had the wood on the Dogs for quite some time.

I actually thought Mullin was Ok.

It is the only time I have seen him and thought there may be a future here.

He certainly has elite burst speed.

I would play him again I think.
Defo Mullins best game so far. If picking between him and Bowes though you gotta go Bowes at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite relaxed about this game. Last round last year showed clearly they need us playing a VFL team to win.
For some reason we've had the wood on the Dogs for quite some time.

Not being arrogant but that is correct

There are alot of teams continually talked up , but they have holes in them

Footscray played Melb ( who are a good side ) and the Demons beat them by 7 plus goals , that would suggest to me that the Bulldogs have still got issues and are not a top 4 team at this stage

Im glad the game is in Adelaide , people have a go at Geelongs home ground advantage at KP , however i think the Bulldogs have a pronounced home ground advantage playing those games at that indoor basketball court - thus so happy the Cats aernt playing this game their

Also dont mind the fact the Bulldogs played that 1000% rabble called West Coast , sometimes when you play non competitive
units like the Eagles , it isnt the best lead in to your following weeks game

Like any teams i suppose the Dogs can be a dangerous side at times , but if they were so good they would not have lost to Melb by 7 goals

Im only a supporter , but my only concern re Scott rotating players , im not bagging him but he reminds me a bit of that ex Chelsea manager ( who did later win the title at Leicester ) but he overdid the rotating at Chelsea and stufffed them up , losing vital games where on face value they should not have lost them , just like Geel should beat Footscray this week because they have got more talent

Im only a supporter , but my only concern re Scott rotating players , im not bagging him but he reminds me a bit of that ex Chelsea manager ( who did later win the title at Leicester ) but he overdid the rotating at Chelsea and stufffed them up , losing vital games where on face value they should not have lost them , just like Geel should beat Footscray this week because they have got more talent

It's no coincidence that the one team we've actually managed our squad for so far has been Hawthorn who finished 16th last year and are missing their B&F winner.

And we're not rotating our key players. It's guys like Stanley, Tuohy, Conway, Clark, Rohan, etc that are going to be managed at least until we're solidly inside the top 4. All these guys are fringe players.

Bit flat to see the two young guys who showed serious flashes get left out. I suppose I get it, but sheeeeit.
Conway was never going to play off a 5 day break. But he's been listed as managed so I fully expect him in against North. And we'll get him at least 8 games during the year.

Mullin is developing but still not best 22. Like with Conway we'll get him games but this week isn't the time with us needing our best against a decent team while we're missing key players.

People on this board always overrate the Dogs. We have an extremely good record against them. Something like 13-3 in the past 10 years.
Notably I think it's a coaching issue, Chris Scott just destroys Bevo from the coaching box. Look at how often it's a burst in the 2nd or 3rd quarter after we've made the right adjustments. Even in our loss last year, it was mainly a conversion problem, we did everything else right to put ourselves in that position. Then when our younger bodies tired there was no real lead to try and maintain

Conway was never going to play off a 5 day break, interstate against one of the best rucks in the game. He will be our #1 for a long time once he builds his endurance but until then we need to be selective with the games he plays.

Mullin is similar, we obviously want him to develop in the seniors but still need to pick the right games.

With the 5 day break off a wet game, much stronger opposition and 2 rested veterans ready to come in as like for like swaps, I'm not at all surprised with these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back