Preview Cats v Doggies Sat April 6th 810 pm @ AO - Gather Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I thought mine was terribly creative and clever at the time only to see another regular poster with an almost identical name to mine, except he/she thought of it years prior to my brilliant brainwave so that was embarrassing and half the reason I rarely post haha

..having said that tho we had a hawks poster in here recently with a name something like 'back one out' so it could always be worse :tearsofjoy:
He must have lost a bet

So will Mannagh do a Knevitt and fly back to Vic to play VFL the next day?

Surely Mannagh won’t be given two weeks off in a row from playing any form of footy.

To be honest, I want Mullin playing footy as much as he can to keep improving, he also might pull a late night flight if there isn’t a late change… Him missing VFL games when perfectly fit would be a bit of a bummer imo.

Conway is more likely to just get the week off I reckon.

Surely Mannagh won’t be given two weeks off in a row from playing any form of footy.

To be honest, I want Mullin playing footy as much as he can to keep improving, he also might pull a late night flight if there isn’t a late change.

Conway is 100% getting a rest

As much as I’d take being 4 - 1 after 5 round me at the start of the season… I really think this is a super important game.

The fixture isn’t overly friendly for the next month or so.

Being 5 - 0 would give us some real wiggle room.

We won on this ground a couple of weeks ago and have a good record on it.

Seems like a 50/50 game, but if we are the real deal maybe we get the job done.

Looking forward to it.

To be honest, I want Mullin playing footy as much as he can to keep improving, he also might pull a late night flight if there isn’t a late change… Him missing VFL games when perfectly fit would be a bit of a bummer imo.

Is there not no VFL due to the state game?

Bit flat to see the two young guys who showed serious flashes get left out. I suppose I get it, but sheeeeit.
Conway barely played out the game and it was a 5 day break. Mullin a bit of a surprise though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably but i hope we select a more versatile sub like O'Connor

Understand the reasoning but don't think we can drop MOC from the best 22- His start to this season has been the best form of his career IMO. Zuthrie also starting in good touch this year. If Parfit+ those two can play at this level for the rest of this year it will be huge for us.

Happy enough with this and fully expect the three emergencies to get a run against North Melbourne. Rate Mullin but don’t fancy him aerially against Weightman at this stage of his career. 50/50 game as the odds are suggesting. Huge if we go 4-0.

Understand the reasoning but don't think we can drop MOC from the best 22- His start to this season has been the best form of his career IMO. Zuthrie also starting in good touch this year. If Parfit+ those two can play at this level for the rest of this year it will be huge for us.
MOC had 9 touches last week and was basically invisible.

Has been solid in earlier games though.

I thought Touhy coming in could give us the option to “manage” MOC or play him as sub.

I’d rather see Clark play a full game than MOC but that’s just me being greedy to see more of Clark.

Bowes surely plays a full game.

MOC had 9 touches last week and was basically invisible.

Has been solid in earlier games though.

I thought Touhy coming in could give us the option to “manage” MOC or play him as sub.

I’d rather see Clark play a full game than MOC but that’s just me being greedy to see more of Clark.

Bowes surely plays a full game.

Was playing mid/half back for the first two and was a lot more visible- was wing last week and didn't see as much of it. That said I think he's been using it really well in all three games, and has won a few important contests.

There is no vfl game this week due to the state league game.

VFL bye this week. Mannagh will play VFL next week surely unless injuries as won't have played for ,3 weeks
I know it's not a fun thing, but at some point the VFL needs to accept that it is now the de facto reserves competition, and actually play VFL games with the same regularity as AFL games - and preferably lagging the AFL fixture where possible, to allow players the best chance of playing a game every weekend.

It's ridiculous that after four weeks of AFL, the VFL will have only played 2 games. That gives blokes like Mannagh - who was held over for Easter Monday - all of five quarters of footy in four weeks.

Players cannot keep match-fit off that, and players on the fringe can't have a decent case to stake a claim for AFL football.

A lot being mentioned about the 5 day break, Scott mentioned on radio we adapted extremely well to backing up off short breaks during the covid season.

We should be confident going into this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back