Preview Changes/Preview – Round 11 vs. Euro-Yroke (St Kilda)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're unable to successfully fold the club this time, I hope to god they make some bold changes.

This has the chance to genuinely be the most boring game of football in modern history. Two revolting game styles in horrendous form.

Out:
  • Lever (concussion, Petty to defence)
  • Brown (never again, FFS)
  • Sparrow (go tread water at Casey – fancy lipping off at Reid when we're five goals down and he's completely pantsed our mids)
  • Billings (yuck)
  • I'd turf Salem too, but according to Goodwin, he was a 'shining light' 🤮
In:
  • JVR (for wet lettuce, obviously)
  • Sestan (replaces Sparrow)
  • Langdon (obviously replaces Shillings)
  • Moniz-Wakefield (Rivers to midfield)
Play with one key forward (JVR) and stop picking spuds purely because they're tall. If Windsor needs a rest, give Kynan a go.

With Hore unavailable, Petty definitely has to go back.

JVR for BBB the obvious in/out. BBB discarded to the "never again please" pile.

Langdon for Billings, Billings into the same pile as BBB.

I want Sparrow out for Sestan too but I don't think Goody has it in him. But we have a spare spot with Lever out and Petty (hopefully) shuffled, so at least give Sestan a crack.

OUT: Lever, Brown, Billings, Chandler

IN: Fullarton, JVR, Langdon, Sestan

Move Petty back. He's not getting any better where he is.
Give Gawn more forward time and let Fullarton ruck a bit. We looked better when Petty was in the ruck last night, plus it gives Gawn a little chop out.
Chin just isn't impacting enough, pressure is ok, but not doing anything else.
Billing can join Hunter and Brown in the back of a Hilux.

Sestan. It's time.

Out forever: BBB, Billings, Salem
Out: Petty (until he gets some confidence), Sparrow (needs some VFL practice), Chandler
In: Tomlinson (for Lever), Sestan, Langdon, Hunter, Fullarton, Tholstrup

Tomlinson has form. Petty doesn't
Sestan after 4 goals will be looking confident. Chandler ain't.
Hunter/Tholstrup is better than Salem/Billings. Hunter is versatile.
Fullarton has to be better than BBB and he can give Max a rest.

JVR, like all injured players, returns via VFL.
(Good luck breaking tackles from Hunter/Tholstrup and maybe Laurie)

Was gonna take the little one to this, their first AFL match ever and my first for this (or last) year.
Dad's a Saints supporter, Sunday arvo, made sense.

Don't think anyone wants to go now, I think I'll just tell my son that football doesn't exist anymore and leave it at that.

Was gonna take the little one to this, their first AFL match ever and my first for this (or last) year.

Don't think anyone wants to go now, I think I'll just tell my son that football doesn't exist anymore and leave it at that.
a few mates and I were going to go but have decided it's not worth it, will be lucky to get 25k there.

a few mates and I were going to go but have decided it's not worth it, will be lucky to get 25k there.
Sorry this is gonna be a long ass doomy gloomy post

I've tried so hard to be positive about this team and feel like I'm usually the one to tell the negative supporters to settle down but it sucks cos you were all right in the end lol

I'm in my early-mid 20s with a big social life but I've always tried my best to make it to every Dees game and go to them as well. I've been to 27 Melbourne games since the flag and all I've recieved back is 90% of it being boring, shit footy and a double straight sets exit.

I sorta called it after the semi final that I would go to a lot less footy this year and after last nights loss I've never been more determined to keep it that way. In fact last nights game was the first time in a long time I'd switched off halfway through the third quarter and got on with my life.
Hell I would've felt a bit better about last night if we managed to get 90+ with Fritsch kicking a bag or something, that's actually fun to watch

Like I went to Melbourne vs Geelong with my Girlfriend and her Brother who are mad Geelong fans, and as fun as that last quarter was, it was a crappy game. At half time they were saying this is the worst game they've ever seen and I was like yeah that's most Melbourne games.

I sat through plenty of drubbings at MCG and waited most of my life for us to be a decent team but somehow they've found a way to make it unejoyable and our best year/flag year in another state as well lol.
It's strange, I guess there's a bit of expectation now with team so we want to be more than just competitive.

The bottom line is it's going to be a pretty bad crowd and us fans are going to cop it but the reality I see no reason for us to show up. I genuinely can't be bothered wasting my time and money to watch some shit footy.

Last edited:
It won’t matter. Goodwin doesn’t change much. St Kilda will probably win. Goodwin will be out coached by Lyon.

Petty up forward is no good. Brown is finished. Billings isn’t playing what we drafted him for. Tomlinson adds nothing. Honestly, just play JVR and a medium sized forward line. He is going to be the only forward that’s part of the future so just pick him.

VFL watchers, how's Josh Schache looking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly might do something else on Saturday, as in not even watch the game and enjoy doing some other activity whilst maybe checking the scores.

Need a break from this group and the awful product we are.
Not the worst idea. Though avoiding the Saturday footy might not work so well for you since I think we play Sunday.

I might book and afternoon session at a wine bar or something. A pub might have TV screens

Not the worst idea. Though avoiding the Saturday footy might not work so well for you since I think we play Sunday.

I might book and afternoon session at a wine bar or something. A pub might have TV screens
Oh we do too. Look I speak these big words, but we all know I’ll most probably be at the G begrudgingly cheering us on anyway.

Sorry this is gonna be a long ass doomy gloomy post

I've tried so hard to be positive about this team and feel like I'm usually the one to tell the negative supporters to settle down but it sucks cos you were all right in the end lol

I'm in my early-mid 20s with a big social life but I've always tried my best to make it to every Dees game and go to them as well. I've been to 27 Melbourne games since the flag and all I've recieved back is 90% of it being boring, s**t footy and a double straight sets exit.

I sorta called it after the semi final that I would go to a lot less footy this year and after last nights loss I've never been more determined to keep it that way. In fact last nights game was the first time in a long time I'd switched off halfway through the third quarter and got on with my life.
Hell I would've felt a bit better about last night if we managed to get 90+ with Fritsch kicking a bag or something, that's actually fun to watch

Like I went to Melbourne vs Geelong with my Girlfriend and her Brother who are mad Geelong fans, and as fun as that last quarter was, it was a crappy game. At half time they were saying this is the worst game they've ever seen and I was like yeah that's most Melbourne games.

I sat through plenty of drubbings at MCG and waited most of my life for us to be a decent team but somehow they've found a way to make it unejoyable and our best year/flag year in another state as well lol.
It's strange, I guess there's a bit of expectation now with team so we want to be more than just competitive.

The bottom line is it's going to be a pretty bad crowd and us fans are going to cop it but the reality I see no reason for us to show up. I genuinely can't be bothered wasting my time and money to watch some s**t footy.

Do what makes you happy man. We all love the club but when its like this I honestly think its better to just take some time away from even following the game at all. If we finish the year like this I reckon I'll end up deleting my account on here, I love the Melbourne board but the relationship we all have with this club is pretty abusive lol.

Lever is goi h to have surgery on his knee - will be out for 4-5 weeks.

Cleanup or fixing something?

As weird as it sounds, I'm taking this as a kind of positive in that he's obviously been carrying that this year and this shows we're at least sometimes trying to get players right rather than running them into the ground.

Send the others that need surgery or fitness off now too, play some kids, roll the dice.

Do what makes you happy man. We all love the club but when its like this I honestly think its better to just take some time away from even following the game at all. If we finish the year like this I reckon I'll end up deleting my account on here, I love the Melbourne board but the relationship we all have with this club is pretty abusive lol.
Don’t delete it

Yep, sounds like it’s minor whatever it is.

He misses a week with concussion and we have a bye 2 weeks after that so he’s getting it done now.

Yep. Who would have thought we're carrying injuries hey... Bloody Goody running these guys into the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back