Retired Clint Bartram

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Bartram

That ankle injury he suffered in his first year has basically ruined his career, bloody Adelaide thug. :(

He is basically the 2011 version of Simon Godfrey. Works his butt off for the team but couldn't hit a target to save himself.

In the long run we can't play both McKenzie and Bartram in the midfield, but I like the fact Viney has given Bartram the chance to have a run in there as, in terms of playing his role, it's been spot on.

He is basically the 2011 version of Simon Godfrey. Works his butt off for the team but couldn't hit a target to save himself.
Is it wrong that I loved Godfrey too?

In all seriousness, I think Bartram has slightly more. His pace allows him to play small back, which will probably see him get another year given Strauss' injury and Grimes' persistent problems.

In the long run we can't play both McKenzie and Bartram in the midfield, but I like the fact Viney has given Bartram the chance to have a run in there as, in terms of playing his role, it's been spot on.
I agree.

If Bartram wants a long-term spot, he needs to play down back. Whether Strauss/Tapscott/Grimes can push him out of the team in 2012 remains to be seen, but I like him as depth.

Also worth noting that Bailey employed high-risk, corridor football not really suited to Bartram's skills. If Ross Lyon took over and we started playing like St. Kilda, you'd never notice Bartram's kicking.

Clint Bartram's 2011 Review:
Todd Viney said:
Clint played a negating small defender role early in the season. He battled his way through the year with some niggling injuries, and missed a few games. Clint also spent some time in the VFL, but came back into the side late in the season and played the last five matches. He played as a run-with midfielder and did some really good jobs on West Coast’s Daniel Kerr and Gold Coast’s Gary Ablett. He finished the season with some really good form.
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/124119/default.aspx

Article: Leading from the back

For me it’s more of a care thing for the other players and probably a work ethic.

They are the two things I try to work on, whether it is bringing new guys in and bringing them up to speed on little things or if they can pick up a few things on the way I go about it and train and do my preparation then that puts you on the way to being a good leader

Still confused as to why Clint was included in the leadership group.
If we are at full strength of close to it i cant see him in our best side & as has already been said his disposal is deplorable if this does'nt improve then he is no good to us!

Hard to find info here on Clint.
I'll fill you in on some info !
He has been undergoing some radical treatment to try to fix a bone on bone knee injury.
He had to eat crap food, as in maccac, kfc etc, to put on fat, which as an afl footballer he found disgusting !
They then injected this fat and his blood into that knee in the hope to resurrect the knee joint.
Apparently its worked before in the states.
At this stage. it hasnt worked for Clint

Hard to find info here on Clint.
I'll fill you in on some info !
He has been undergoing some radical treatment to try to fix a bone on bone knee injury.
He had to eat crap food, as in maccac, kfc etc, to put on fat, which as an afl footballer he found disgusting !
They then injected this fat and his blood into that knee in the hope to resurrect the knee joint.
Apparently its worked before in the states.
At this stage. it hasnt worked for Clint
Thanks for the update.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back