List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be in a positive mindset, wouldn't be easy for the kid.
But said he'll rehab it and come back better than ever next year.

But would be tough on him given he was never projected to be a top prospect so a long term injury wouldn't hurt his chances, but when you are fighting to be drafted; it would be the worst possible thing.

But would be tough on him given he was never projected to be a top prospect so a long term injury wouldn't hurt his chances, but when you are fighting to be drafted; it would be the worst possible thing.

I'd imagine the club have seen enough to know whether he is worth a late pick already.

I'd imagine the club have seen enough to know whether he is worth a late pick already.
Is the rule still there that undrafted NGA’s can be cat B listed? If the club has seen enough to know he worth a late pick already then that could be a good avenue for them to take

Is the rule still there that undrafted NGA’s can be cat B listed? If the club has seen enough to know he worth a late pick already then that could be a good avenue for them to take
Yes, I believe so. I'll have to take a look. If you nominate a NGA you have to take them with your last pick or just pre selected as a cat b.
But I'll look into it.

Yeah is a possibility iirc, just a small risk letting another team take a late pick punt if he is rated 40 to 50.
If he’s rated 40-50 but has done an ACL I’d be pretty shocked if any club picked him up in the ND. That’s the sort of injury that drops the value of higher rated players, but they’ll still get picked up, but puts lower rated ones off the radar until the next year as overagers.

Only thing with a cat b, is you only get 2 spots, and one we have with parker. The other, either we prelist a nga prospect in between the national and rookie draft, and gets selected without any bids needed
Or we have the ability to list condon even when he is still playing basketball (though, no point in doing this at this point. Just wait until he finishes college)

I imagine if a club rates him in 40-50 and we rate him in the same, then we'll just match a bid.. wont barely cost anything.
But I agree, I think this will put clubs off, and most dont draft past pick 50 anymore. And he was already rated post pick 40 as it was.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chargers had a bye this week

But Jets played v GWV

Thomas McGuane - 31 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 6 inside 50's, 1 goal

Heard several times that young Thomas projects as a VFL level player. These don’t seem like numbers a bottom ager gets who’s destined for the lower leagues.

Heard several times that young Thomas projects as a VFL level player. These don’t seem like numbers a bottom ager gets who’s destined for the lower leagues.
I don't see why he can theoretically project as a Steele Sidebottom type - Not tall or quick, but a smart, natural footballer who knows where the ball is and uses it decently.

I don't see why he can theoretically project as a Steele Sidebottom type - Not tall or quick, but a smart, natural footballer who knows where the ball is and uses it decently.

He seems quick enough on the video though.

Who said he’s not quick? That’s the first time I’ve heard that.

I think that's from last years assessment. From what I know this year, they are more confident which means he's been working hard away from just training, as you would with a dad like Mick. As a 16yo, you couldn't ask for much more and I reckon he's one we will take a chance on. Could be playing unaccountable footy atm, but that's just a guess

I think that's from last years assessment. From what I know this year, they are more confident which means he's been working hard away from just training, as you would with a dad like Mick. As a 16yo, you couldn't ask for much more and I reckon he's one we will take a chance on. Could be playing unaccountable footy atm, but that's just a guess
He's playing in the midfield filled with players older than him, getting the ball, kicking goals
Should mention, this game on the weekend.. was in the wet down at ballarat.

The beauty of someone like Nick coming in to the club is that he’s immediately someone who the younger kids can aspire to. Particularly our FS and NGA players will be getting told and shown firsthand how hard Nick works to be as good as he is, and doesn’t coast along on talent alone. That alone would be a huge motivator for these kids that are coming through.

The beauty of someone like Nick coming in to the club is that he’s immediately someone who the younger kids can aspire to. Particularly our FS and NGA players will be getting told and shown firsthand how hard Nick works to be as good as he is, and doesn’t coast along on talent alone. That alone would be a huge motivator for these kids that are coming through.
Everything points to us taking a chance on him. Those talent scouts spend more time arguing with each other than actually doing their job. You can't overlook the stats he's producing every week, regardless of what some say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back