Toast Congrats Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Eagles. I'm happy to see our board's old protege wearing a premiership medallion at last. He's still fondly regarded at Princes Park.

Shuey got the Norm, but I thought Hurn and McGovern were heroic holding your side together in the first half.

Saw the replay then off YouTube, easily one of the better GFs in the last 8 years.

WC fought hard from what 5-6 goals in the first Quarter?
To come back in the second half and hit the front with 5 mins left

Thought we had the Coasters toasted at 1/4 time, even at 1/2 time.
Wet Coast did an amazing job of matching our pressure after 1/4 time, woudn't have believed it after we out pressured tiges last week. we still had the better breaking run but was so hard to break away.
Then you were able to expose our relative height and marking power deficiency just enough to scrape out the win.
No doubt we'll recruit to fix that, but so will you recruit for your deficiencies so it will be interesting next year.
Obviously a bitter result but it's not so bad when beaten by such a herculean effort, can't complain. doesn't have the "tragic" element of so many previous collywobbles losses.
I mean we pretty much had it in the bag after disposing of Richmond, except for one thing that you f*****'s got in the way!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back