Crown Melbourne Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently mass redundancies a week or two ago (1000 workers or more).

Meanwhile pretty sure their Village outlet is more or less running a scam not honouring gift cards etc.

I think things are pretty rough.

Yeah, my brother accepted the redundancy and is getting ~$60k tax free, which works well as he's been saying for the last couple of years he wants to leave Crown.

In other news Crown are brining back cheaper buy in poker in some format shortly.

Yeah, my brother accepted the redundancy and is getting ~$60k tax free, which works well as he's been saying for the last couple of years he wants to leave Crown.

In other news Crown are brining back cheaper buy in poker in some format shortly.

$1/$3
Min buy in: $100
Max buy in: $300
Rake: 75% capped at $300

Unrelated: I'm the new CEO of Crown.

300 full time dealers and 200 part time dealers accepted the redundancy payout.

It was more than Crown were expecting so they've now reserved the right to knock back some redundancies.

I’ve noticed recently that there are more Chinese players and a few that speak little to no English. This weekend I had 5 at my table and they were constantly speaking in Mandarin. Can’t say I have ever noticed such constant speaking in a foreign language amongst so many players at the same table.

An experienced dealer one table over castigated two Chinese players and another player said it was getting out of hand but that too many dealers don’t intervene. I got up and spoke to the AMs, played one more hand, decided I was sick of it so picked up and left. An AM did speak to the table as I was leaving.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back