Division 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A tough day for therry yesterday which wasn’t needed in our fight for survival. Worked our way well back into the game but should have never given peninsula a 6 goal headstart. Far too undisciplined in the 2nd half which cost us the game. Looking forward to the return leg. With plenty to come back we should bounce back

Seems like the top two have flexed their muscles - UHS and Parkside. Ormond a young side so might have some fluctuation between the strong and the inconsistent performances. Kew pretty similar to that as well, finding their identity under a new coach. What the **** happened to Prahran? I thought they were the ones to beat but looks like I was wrong. I also think Peninsula will grow into the season and wouldn't surprise me if they make the four.

I just get the feeling Parkside are on one right now. Playing really confident footy, coming off a really strong season collectively last year. They're my tip.

On another topic, when is James Strauss going to play? Yarra couldn't need a guy like him more desperately.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the top two have flexed their muscles - UHS and Parkside. Ormond a young side so might have some fluctuation between the strong and the inconsistent performances. Kew pretty similar to that as well, finding their identity under a new coach. What the heck happened to Prahran? I thought they were the ones to beat but looks like I was wrong. I also think Peninsula will grow into the season and wouldn't surprise me if they make the four.

I just get the feeling Parkside are on one right now. Playing really confident footy, coming off a really strong season collectively last year. They're my tip.
Couldn’t agree anymore with this.

West Brunswick, Yarra Cobras & Therry fighting it out to survive.

Couldn’t agree anymore with this.

West Brunswick, Yarra Cobras & Therry fighting it out to survive.
it's a shame because while I have always hated playing Therry due to their physicality and hostile crowds during the game, they're good people off the field and their aftermatch is always hugely respectful to the opposition from my experience and very hospitable. To be fair, I feel the same about WB because I really like their pies and they are a leading club when it comes to culture.

I think Yarra are done, just lacking some of their top players and clearly having issues with depth this year, so between WB and Therry to survive.

With an abusive coach like they have no wonder .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Couldn’t agree anymore with this after what I witnessed today. Standing to the left of the old Yarra bench. The carry on from their coach was the worst I’ve ever seen. Abusing his own players and throwing his board/other items into the bench. Such a clown 😂

Could also hear him abusing his team post game in the rooms whilst I sat In the social rooms having a beer with their team manager, he apologised for their coaches appalling actions.

When push came to shove, Therry stood up. Although ending yet another game with 2 on the bench continuing to our injury crisis. Looking forward to when the cavalry to come back after the bye.

UHS deserve top spot , a terrific footy team , not athletes . Run hard and use it well .
Monders with a few guns out , but well beaten , made a surge in the 3rd , but a goal due to a bullshit deliberate OOB on the 3/4 time siren took away the momentum, that ump has watched too much AFL
Must of been the rule of the week. We had the worst deliberate point given by an umpire. Then by the same umpire a deliberate OO. Both against the same player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back